Free: Healthy 5-Ingredient Meals EbookGet It Now
- Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Carrots Recipe
- Ingredients & Substitutions
- How To Cook Carrots In The Air Fryer
- How Long To Cook Carrots In The Air Fryer?
- Recipe Variations
- Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Air Fryer Carrots
- More Air Fryer Veggie Recipes
- Tools To Make Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Air Fryer Carrots (Quick & Easy!)
This air fryer carrots recipe has all the rich flavor of classic roasted carrots, but cooks much faster. Cooking carrots in the air fryer not only tastes great, they’re also the perfect way to use any spare carrots in your fridge — and most of the work is hands-off!
Veggies are some of my favorite foods to cook in the air fryer because they create crisp and tender textures, and take less time than other methods. Like my air fryer broccoli, jicama fries, air fryer green beans, and air fryer asparagus, these air fryer carrot fries are an easy way to get more healthy veggies on the table.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Carrots Recipe
- Caramelized on the outside, tender on the inside
- Just a few basic ingredients
- Easy to make (5-minute prep time!)
- Naturally paleo, vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free
- Faster than oven roasted carrots or parsnips and carrots
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for honey glazed carrots in the air fryer, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Carrots – Use medium carrots so that you can cut them into strips. You can use baby carrots, but these will cook faster (up to 10 minutes at most).
- Honey – I used Wholesome Yum Honey for a sugar-free version, but regular honey or maple syrup also works. You can also skip the honey altogether if you like.
- Olive Oil – I find the carrots to be crispier and more flavorful when using 2 tablespoons of oil, but you can use as little as 1 tablespoon. You could use avocado oil as well.
- Fresh Rosemary – Chopped rosemary adds to the flavor of the carrots. You could also use other herbs, like fresh thyme or dill, instead — or omit altogether.
- Spices – I’m using sea salt and black pepper, but you could use other spices, like garlic powder and onion powder, to add more of a savory flavor.
How To Cook Carrots In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to roast carrots in the air fryer, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep the carrots. Wash, dry, peel, and trim carrot ends. Cut carrots lengthwise into half for medium carrots or into fourths for large ones using a sharp knife.
- Mix measonings. Whisk together the honey (if using), olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Combine. Pour the oil mixture over the carrots and toss to coat. You can let them marinate for 20 minutes if you have time, but it’s also fine to cook them right away.
- Arrange. Place the carrots in the air fryer basket, in a single layer. (Cook in batches if they don’t all fit.) If you like, add more rosemary stalks over the carrots.
- Cook. Roast carrots in the air fryer, shaking the basket halfway through, until the carrots are golden and a little crispy. Continue air frying with additional batches if needed.
How Long To Cook Carrots In The Air Fryer?
For even strips, air fryer roasted carrots take 12-15 minutes, or until they are crispy on the outside and fork-tender on the inside. Baby carrots will take less time and whole carrots would take longer.
I think these air fryer carrots get plenty of flavor from the honey, olive oil, and herbs, but if you want to switch things up from time to time, here are some different flavors to try:
- Balsamic – Replace 1-2 tablespoons of the honey with balsamic vinegar. Air fry according to the recipe, then drizzle withbalsamic glaze.
- Garlic Parmesan – Toss carrots with olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese. Air fry according to the recipe and sprinkle with additional parmesan to serve.
- Herby – Prepare air fryer carrots as usual, tossing them with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. But, instead of fresh rosemary, use a mix of fresh or dried herbs like thyme, oregano, basil, and parsley, or simply Italian seasoning.
- Mixed Root Vegetables – Swap half of the carrots with other root veggies, like beets, sweet potatoes, or parsnips.
- Store: Cool completely, place in an airtight container, and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Meal prep: Wash, dry, cut, peel, and store carrots submerged in cold water in the refrigerator for up to several days, changing the water daily.
- Reheat: Reheat in a preheated air fryer at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 3-5 minutes.
- Freeze: Like other types of cooked carrots, you can freeze cooked carrots for up to 3 months. Let them cool completely, then freeze in a zip lock bag.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Carrots
Air fryer honey carrots are the perfect side dish for a healthy, flavorful meal. Here are some delicious recipes to pair with them:
- Chicken – These carrots make a perfect side to baked chicken breasts, fried chicken thighs, or for a full air fryer meal, air fryer chicken legs.
- Beef – Air fryer carrots perfectly complement beef recipes like sirloin steak in the oven, Instant Pot short ribs, or London broil in the oven.
- Pork – These carrot fries are a healthy side dish to pair with pan seared pork chops, pork tenderloin (or Crock Pot pork tenderloin), or slow cooker pork loin.
- Seafood – Carrots even work with seafood recipes like crab stuffed salmon, broiled lobster tail (or air fryer lobster tail), and lemon garlic butter shrimp.
More Air Fryer Veggie Recipes
I love cooking vegetables in my air fryer! Try these other air fryer recipes next time:
Air Fryer Carrots (Quick & Easy!)
These air fryer carrots are sweet, savory, and easy! They get perfectly caramelized with simple ingredients like honey, olive oil, and salt.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Wash and dry the carrots. Trim the ends (most of the very thin part should be cut off, as it will burn very quickly). Using a knife, cut the carrots lengthwise into half for medium ones, or into fourths for large ones. You should end up with strips that are about 3/4-inch thick.
In a large bowl, toss the carrots in honey (if using), olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. If you have time, set aside to marinate for 20 minutes (this is optional).
Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F (193 degrees C).
Place the carrots in the air fryer basket, in a single layer. (Cook in batches if they don’t fit in a single layer.) I like to add 2-3 fresh rosemary stalks here as well, but this is optional. Air fry for 12-15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, until the carrots are golden and a little crispy. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the carrots. Repeat with additional batches if needed (mine took two batches).
Adjust salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂