This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Can you slow cook pork loin roast? The answer is a resounding YES! This simple and satisfying slow cooker pork loin roast with vegetables makes a delicious and comforting dinner! Roasts do well cooked low and slow, so this is one of the best ways to make them. Not to mention the easiest: take 10 minutes to prep this Crock Pot pork loin roast and then let the slow cooker take care of the rest.
The best part of cooking pork loin roast in the slow cooker? Your kitchen is going to smell so good!
How To Make Pork Loin In A Slow Cooker
- Season roast. Place pork loin into the slow cooker and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add veggies. Arrange rutabagas at the bottom of slow cooker around pork loin. Place green beans, bell peppers, and red onions over pork loin.
TIP: The slow cooker makes all the veggies very soft. If you want crisp-tender peppers, add them in the last hour.
- Add broth and herbs. Pour broth over the vegetables and pork loin. Nestle fresh rosemary and thyme into the vegetables.
TIP: Use twine to tie the herbs together. This makes them easier to remove after cooking, which you’ll want to do because all the flavor will transfer to the pork roast and vegetables.
- Slow cook. Cook pork loin roast with vegetables in the slow cooker until tender. Discard the tied-together cooked herbs before serving; you can add additional fresh herbs instead, like I did below.
Crock Pot Pork Loin Roast FAQs
Does pork loin get more tender the longer you cook it?
Yes, pork loin is a tougher cut of meat, which is why slow cooking works well with it. Pork loin can stand up to longer cooking, but there’s still a limit – it will dry out if cooked too long.
How do you know when a pork roast is done in slow cooker?
You’ll know that the pork roast is done when it’s tender. You can let it reach the point where it’s easy to slice, or cook it for a bit longer to make it almost fall apart. (I did something in between here!)
What vegetables go with pork loin roast?
In this pork loin recipe, I’ve included rutabaga for a lower carb potato substitute, along with green beans, red pepper, and red onion for a great mix of flavors and textures. Feel free to use potatoes instead of the rutabagas if you’re not low carb.
Other options include carrots (or other root vegetables), fennel, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, or any other firm vegetable that can stand up to slow cooking. Avoid veggies that cook quickly and have a lot of water, like asparagus or zucchini.
Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast Storage Instructions
Can you make it ahead?
Because this is a slow cooker recipe, it’s easy to plan ahead to have it finished exactly when you want it to.
If you would like to prep pork loin roast with vegetables ahead, I recommend cutting and prepping the rutabaga, green beans, red pepper, and onion. Cook the pork roast with vegetables the day-of.
If you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can you freeze cooked pork loin?
Yes, you can freeze the pork for 2-3 months.
How to reheat slow cooker pork loin roast:
Reheat the roast in a hot skillet for best results, or heat in the oven at low temperature with a little broth, as described in the reheating instructions for reverse sear steak here. You can also microwave gently, but be careful to not microwave too long or your pork can end up dry.
What To Serve With Crock Pot Pork Loin
Between the pork and the vegetables, you’ve got yourself a full meal. You can slice the roast, or if you cooked it to be extra tender, it will shred as well. But if you want to add a side, try these:
- Something mashed – Mashed potatoes work well for most, but I do mashed cauliflower instead.
- Salads – A classic wedge salad is quick and easy!
- Bread – Your friends or family can use their favorite rolls, but my healthier version is these fathead dinner rolls.
- Comforting sides – For a larger crowd, make dishes like cheesy zucchini casserole while this roast cooks away in the crock pot.
More Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
If you like this boneless pork loin roast Crock Pot recipe, you might also like some of these other healthy slow cooker recipes:
- Crock Pot Sausage & Peppers – Just a few minutes to prep and 7 simple ingredients. Such a flavorful combo.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore – Two prep options (fast and super fast!) to make this Italian classic chicken dish.
- Crock Pot Whole Chicken – The juiciest crock pot chicken – with just 15 minutes to prep.
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken – Easy, healthy, and flavorful.
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast – The best way to make pot roast! Prep tips, how to freeze, and an easy recipe.
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken – Loaded with rich, ranch-y flavor.
Tools To Make Pork Loin Roast With Vegetables
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Slow Cooker – You can’t make this easy Crock Pot pork loin roast recipe without the slow cooker! This is the one I use and love.
- Twine – Tie up the fresh herbs with twine so that you can easily remove them once the pork loin roast with vegetables is done cooking.
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer – The easiest and fastest way to tell if your meat is cooked to the proper temperature. It’s a cooking must.
Crock Pot Pork Loin Roast Recipe
Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast Recipe
This easy slow cooker pork loin roast with vegetables takes just 10 minutes to prep. The Crock Pot makes a tender roast bursting with rosemary and thyme aroma.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place the pork loin into the slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil and rub all over. Sprinkle both sides with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
Arrange the rutabagas at the bottom of the slow cooker around the pork loin.
Place the green beans, bell peppers, and red onions over the pork loin and rutabagas.
Pour the broth evenly over the vegetables and pork loin in the slow cooker. Tie the fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs together with a piece of twine, and nestle into the slow cooker.
Cook the pork loin roast with vegetables in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on Low or 3-4 hours on High. Discard the fresh herb sprigs before serving.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: ~6 oz pork + 3/4 cup vegetables
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂