FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Is A Wedge Salad?
- How To Make Wedge Salad Dressing
- How To Cut A Wedge Salad
- How To Make A Wedge Salad
- Wedge Salad Calories
- Is This A Keto Wedge Salad?
- Can You Make Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Ahead?
- What To Serve With Classic Wedge Salad
- Tools To Make Wedge Salad
- Keto Classic Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe
What’s your favorite steakhouse meal? Mine is a perfect filet mignon or sirloin steak paired with a blue cheese wedge salad. But you don’t have to go to a fancy steakhouse to enjoy this signature meal! I’ll show you how to make a wedge salad at home – it’s quick an easy. This is the keto wedge salad recipe you’ll want to keep coming back to again and again!
I love wedge salads because they have all of the components you want in a salad: crunchy lettuce, sweet tomatoes, salty bacon, and creamy blue cheese dressing. It’s an irresistible combination you can feel good about.
What Is A Wedge Salad?
A classic wedge salad includes iceberg lettuce, crumbled bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese, and blue cheese dressing. You can see that the wedge salad ingredients are very basic, but they come together in a tasty, tasty way.
How To Make Wedge Salad Dressing
The first step to a wedge salad with blue cheese dressing is… the blue cheese dressing!
High quality ingredients are what makes the best wedge salad recipes shine, so before you go thinking you can use bottled blue cheese dressing, let me tell you how easy it is to make it yourself.
- Make the blue cheese dressing. Stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese crumbles, lemon juice, almond milk, sea salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
That’s it! It takes just 5 minutes to make, and the incredible flavor is incomparable to bottled blue cheese dressings. I’ve convinced you, right?
Get the full blue cheese dressing recipe here with ingredient amounts.
How To Cut A Wedge Salad
Cutting the iceberg lettuce for this wedge salad recipe is easy:
- Wash and trim lettuce. Rinse lettuce in cold water and remove any outer leaves that are wilted or damaged.
- Cut lettuce in half. With the core on the bottom, cut the head of lettuce right in half.
- Cut lettuce in quarters. Cut each half in half and then you’ll have 4 wedges.
- Remove core. Cut off the hard core from each wedge.
- Cut lettuce into eighths. With the core removed, cut each wedge in half again, and you’ll end up with 8 wedges, or 8 servings of lettuce.
How To Make A Wedge Salad
Now that you cut the lettuce wedges, it’s time to assemble this traditional wedge salad recipe:
- Prep salad plates. Arrange the wedges on plates and drizzle each wedge with blue cheese dressing.
TIP: If you want a fancy wedge salad experience, chill your salad plates before you plate the salad.
- Add toppings. Top each salad with cooked bacon, tomatoes, red onions, and blue cheese crumbles. If desired, top with freshly cracked black pepper.
Wedge Salad Calories
With ingredients like blue cheese dressing and bacon, you may be wondering, “how many calories in wedge salad with blue cheese dressing?” And you might be surprised by the answer! While a few of the ingredients are higher in calories, the bulk of the salad is low in calories, so it all balances out.
One wedge salad has just 203 calories.
Is This A Keto Wedge Salad?
Another common question… is a wedge salad keto? And the answer is YES!
Most of the components of a classic wedge salad with blue cheese are keto friendly, but you have to keep your portions in check.
In this keto wedge salad, there are just 6 grams of net carbs, which makes it the perfect side to a keto dinner, juicy steak, or burger.
Can You Make Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Ahead?
This classic wedge salad recipe comes together in just 10 minutes, but it’s best to not compile the salad until you’re ready to eat it. Here are some ways to prep things ahead:
- Make the blue cheese dressing.
- Wash and cut lettuce. Cut the iceberg lettuce into wedges, remove the core, and store in a plastic bag with some paper towel to capture any moisture.
- Cook the bacon. (My favorite way is bacon in the oven!)
- Dice red onions.
When you’re ready to serve the classic wedge salad, slice the tomatoes and assemble your salad.
What To Serve With Classic Wedge Salad
This keto wedge salad just need a main dish. Steak and wedge salads are a perfect pair, but there are so many keto low carb dinner recipes that will work. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sirloin Steak In The Oven – This simple steak makes a great main course alongside this classic wedge salad. Add a side of sauteed radishes and you’ve got a classic steakhouse meal.
- Perfect Prime Rib – Is there a better meal than prime rib and keto wedge salad? NO, I really can’t think of one. The last prime rib recipe you’ll ever need, I promise!
- Lemon Butter Halibut – If you struggle to make fish taste good…this is the recipe you need to try. It’s creamy and decadent – yet still light and fresh.
- Crispy Chicken Thighs – This simple method produces crispy crispy chicken thighs and it’s bound to become your new favorite way to make chicken.
Tools To Make Wedge Salad
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Quarter Baking Sheet and Nonstick Cooling Rack – This is the pan I use to make easy and crispy oven bacon. Once you try this method, you’ll never go back to stovetop!
- Porcelain 6-Piece Salad Plates – Show off your healthy wedge salad recipe on these simple plates. And don’t forget to chill them!
- Ceramic Paring Knife – This knife makes it easy to trim the iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. It’s small, but mighty.
Keto Classic Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Classic Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe
The best, easiest keto wedge salad recipe to serve with steak or burgers! See how to make classic wedge salad in just 10 minutes.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Cut the head of iceberg lettuce in half, then in half again to form 4 wedges. Cut the hard core off the bottom of each wedge. Cut each wedge in half again to form 8 total.
Arrange the wedges of iceberg lettuce on plates. Pour 3 tablespoons blue cheese dressing over each.
Top each salad with 1 slice chopped cooked bacon, 1/4 cup (32 grams) tomatoes, 1 tbsp (15 grams) red onions, and 2 tbsp (30 grams) blue cheese crumbles. If desired, top with fresh cracked black pepper.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 wedge salad (1/8 entire recipe)
Video Showing How To Make Blue Cheese Wedge Salad:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Blue Cheese Wedge Salad!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂