Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
Trust me when I say… you’ll want to put this easy keto thousand island dressing recipe on everything! Yes, my low carb sugar-free thousand island dressing is perfect on keto friendly salads, but there is no shortage of other ways to enjoy it. (I have some ideas for you further below.) And even better, this homemade thousand island dressing comes together with just 6 ingredients – that you probably already have – in just 5 minutes.
We already have a few keto salad dressing recipes on the blog, including ranch, blue cheese, and caesar. I love making them as part of my keto meal planning! But this healthy thousand island dressing recipe is the first standalone post for a sweet dressing – without sugar, of course. And it’s so good!
What Is 1000 Island Dressing Made Of?
Homemade thousand island dressing recipes are made up of a simple combination of mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar, sweetener, pickles, and onions!
It may sound odd, but it comes together for a sweet, sour, and creamy dressing, all in one.
Keto Thousand Island Dressing Ingredients
Keto 1000 Island dressing is not that different from other varieties – we just need to use a keto sweetener and make sure our other ingredients don’t have hidden sugars. You’ll need:
- Mayonnaise – I like to make my own avocado oil mayo like this, but you could also use store-bought avocado oil mayo.
- Sugar-free ketchup – Same thing here, you can make homemade keto ketchup or purchase one like this.
- Keto sweetener – Be sure to use a powdered one, so that your dressing isn’t gritty. I recommend powdered monk fruit allulose blend, which dissolves better than others.
- Apple cider vinegar – Otherwise white vinegar works fine as well.
- Dill pickles – Check the label to ensure no sugar added.
- Minced onion
The amount of each ingredient is on the recipe card below.
How To Make Thousand Island Dressing
There’s just one simple step to make this recipe for sugar free thousand island dressing… just whisk everything together! Your dressing will be ready as fast as you can gather your ingredients.
Low Carb Thousand Island Dressing FAQs
Is thousand island dressing keto?
Many thousand island dressing recipes are sweetened with sugar, so they wouldn’t be keto. This keto friendly thousand island dressing is sweetened with Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – no sugar or carbs added!
Each serving (2 tablespoons) of this sugar free thousand island dressing recipe has just 0.7 grams net carbs.
Is thousand island dressing dairy free?
Yes, keto thousand island dressing is dairy free! While it tastes and looks extra-creamy, it doesn’t contain any dairy. The mayonnaise makes it ultra-creamy, all on its own.
Can I use a different sweetener?
Yes, but it has to be powdered. Granulated sweeteners make dressings gritty.
My top recommendations for the best thousand island dressing are powdered monk fruit sweetener with allulose and powdered allulose, because they dissolve better than other sweeteners. Most keto sweeteners (including many brands of monk fruit) contain erythritol, which tastes good but does not dissolve very well, and sometimes can crystallize when you store it.
If you use something other than what is on the recipe card, use the keto sweetener conversion calculator to determine the amount. (You could also just start with less and adjust to taste.)
You could also make thousand island dressing without sweetener altogether, but it won’t taste like this type of dressing typically does. The sweetness definitely balances out the salty flavors.
Sugar-Free Thousand Island Dressing Storage Instructions
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can and should make homemade 1000 island dressing recipe ahead! The flavors develop as it sits. I recommend at least 30 minutes before eating if possible, but you could make it a few days in advance.
How to store low carb thousand island dressing
Store it in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Can you freeze thousand island dressing?
Yes, you can actually freeze sugar-free thousand island dressing for 2-3 months. The texture is not quite the same as fresh, though, since it contains mayo.
If you freeze it, thaw in the fridge and give it a good whisk before using.
What To Serve With Thousand Island Dressing
If you like this sugar-free thousand island dressing recipe… you’ll want to put it on everything! Here are a few ideas:
- Chef Salad – Obviously a classic choice for homemade thousand island dressing, you’ll love this healthy and easy salad.
- Juicy Burger – In-N-Out Burger fans, this one is for you! Make your own animal style burgers at home.
- Big Mac Salad – Extra special sauce? Yes, please! (Did you know the special sauce is actually thousand island?)
- Keto Chicken Tenders – A bit unconventional, but you’ll be surprised how well this dressing goes with (keto) breaded chicken.
- Keto Fries – Turns out that sugar-free thousand island dressing also makes a great dip for fries. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Tools To Make Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Glass Jars – Make your keto thousand island right in the jar, for prep and storage in one. Plus, I love that they don’t have any markings for a clean look.
- Salad Dressing Storage Containers – These little containers are perfect for keto meal prep, picnics, or taking lunch to work or school.
Low Carb Keto Thousand Island Dressing Recipe
Low Carb Keto Thousand Island Dressing Recipe
Make your own homemade keto thousand island dressing in just 5 minutes. This EASY, sugar-free low carb thousand island dressing recipe needs just 6 simple ingredients!
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Whisk all ingredients together, until smooth.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 2 tbsp
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂