FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
One of the things I love about cooking is that once you know how to make something, you’ll find all sorts of ways to incorporate it into unexpected meals or foods. Take this Caesar salad dressing recipe for example. It’s got the classic flavors we know and love (though I do think it’s the best Caesar dressing out there), but it can be used for so much more than Caesar salad! Once you learn how to make Caesar dressing, you’ll find yourself putting this keto Caesar dressing on everything. Try it on chicken or shrimp, roasted vegetables, or even as a dip for raw veggies. This homemade Caesar dressing is about to become a staple in your house!
Caesar Salad Dressing Ingredients
There are just 6 ingredients in the best Caesar salad dressing recipe! (Plus salt and pepper, but those don’t really count. ;)) Let me break down why we’re using these ingredients:
- Mayonnaise – This is the base of the dressing and what makes it luxuriously creamy.
- Olive Oil – This helps to emulsify the dressing.
- Lemon Juice – Adds bright, lemony flavor and helps to balance out the richness of homemade Caesar salad dressing.
- Anchovy Paste – In order to make a traditional Caesar salad dressing recipe… you need anchovies! I love to use the paste because it’s easy to use and can be stored and saved to use later, unlike a can of anchovies.
- Worcestershire Sauce – This easy ingredient adds a savory and umami flavor. A little goes a long way. If you’re hesitant to use it, coconut aminos is fine to substitute.
- Garlic – You can’t make the best Caesar salad dressing without garlic! Mince it as small as you can, or use the side of your knife to make it into a paste.
How To Make Caesar Salad Dressing
Wondering how to make Caesar salad dressing? Now that we have all of our ingredients, it’s time to make it! Here’s how to make homemade Caesar dressing that tastes just like a restaurant! 😉
- Mix dressing. Whisk together mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic until smooth.
- Taste for salt & pepper. Try the keto Caesar dressing and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
That’s it! I told you it was ridiculously easy.
Is Caesar Dressing Keto Friendly?
Yes! This homemade Caesar dressing is keto friendly – it has 0 grams net carbs! Which is why it makes a delicious addition to just about anything. Baked chicken, roasted vegetables, salad greens…
Learn how to make Caesar dressing and you’ll never run out of ways to use it! It’s a great keto condiment because it adds tons of flavor, without any carbs. It also adds fat, which is great because I know that it can be tricky sometimes to balance the macros with fat.
How Long Does Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing Last?
Store this homemade Caesar dressing recipe in an airtight glass jar in the fridge for about a week. Remember, we’re not using any preservatives, so it won’t last as long as store-bought salad dressings, but should last just about as long as an opened jar of mayo.
If your dressing separates at all, simply shake up or whisk until smooth again.
Can You Freeze Keto Caesar Salad Dressing?
No, do not freeze this Caesar salad dressing recipe. Salad dressings do not freeze well as it changes the texture.
But it only takes 5 minutes to make, so it’s easy enough to do whenever you need another batch.
What To Serve With Best Caesar Dressing
Now that you know how to make Caesar salad dressing, it’s time to eat it! It’s obviously delicious tossed with salad greens, but I’ve got a few other ideas for you. You can find all of my keto salad recipes here, but here are few ideas to get you started:
- Caesar Salad – I can’t make a homemade Caesar dressing keto recipe without mentioning a Caesar salad. I kept it mostly classic…because it’s a classic for a reason! But you’ll love the swap for croutons. Hint: they are crunchy, cheesy, and packed with flavor. Do you know what it is?
- Cucumber Noodle Salad – Swap out the tahini dressing in this recipe and drizzle the cucumber noodles with the best recipe for creamy Caesar salad dressing instead. It’s a fresh and light option. Add some grilled chicken to turn it into a full meal.
- Marinated Artichoke Salad – The Italian flavors in this salad will work so well with keto Caesar dressing! Just swap out the dressing in the recipe and use the Caesar instead.
- Roasted Asparagus – To round out an Italian meal, serve up roasted asparagus drizzled with dressing. You’ll never want plain asparagus again. I also think it makes asparagus a little fancy – perfect for entertaining.
Tools To Make Easy Caesar Dressing:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Salad Jar – Store your homemade Caesar dressing in this glass jar. If it separates at all you can shake it up right in here.
- Lettuce Keeper – If you want to eat more salad…make this dressing! And then store all of that lettuce in this produce keeper. It helps keep fresh produce fresh for longer!
- On-The-Go Salad Container – I don’t know about you, but I love having salads for lunch, this container makes it easy to take it on-the-go! It’s got 3 leakproof compartments so that you can store wet and dry ingredients separate, and then it’s got a spot for dressing.
Homemade Keto Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe:
Pin it to save for later!
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Homemade Keto Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
5 minutes + 6 ingredients to the BEST Caesar dressing recipe ever - it tastes great on everything! See how to make keto Caesar dressing with 0 net carbs.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 2 tbsp
Video Showing How To Make Caesar Dressing:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Caesar Dressing!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂