This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You’re going to love this cheesy cauliflower breadsticks recipe! Not only is it easy to make, but it’s packed with nutritious ingredients like cauliflower and hemp seeds. So the next time you find yourself with a pizza or breadstick craving, try out these low carb cauliflower breadsticks. I love to serve them with marinara sauce, but they are also fantastic with my 5-ingredient tomato soup.
This cheesy garlic cauliflower breadsticks recipe was originally published on May 4, 2016, and was republished in February 2020 to add better photos and better tips. I also added cheese on top to the new version, but feel free to omit if you prefer a dairy-free version.
If you want to make this easy cauliflower cheese bread paleo, simply omit the cheese and use ghee instead of butter.
The Secret That Makes Cauliflower Breadsticks Crispy
I’ve got two tricks when it comes to how to make cauliflower cheese sticks crispy:
- Squeeze out as much water as possible from the cauliflower after you cook it. It’s much more than you think – I got close to 1 cup out of the cauliflower.
- Add hemp seeds! It seems like an odd choice, but ground up hemp seeds essentially act as a “flour” to help firm up and crisp up the breadsticks.
If you prefer simpler cauliflower breadsticks without the hemp seeds, you can make them using my cauliflower pizza crust recipe as the base instead.
How To Make Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
This cheesy garlic cauliflower breadsticks recipe is so easy and so so fun! Who doesn’t love breadsticks? And when they are packed with vegetables? SO much to love about them.
Here’s how to make cauliflower breadsticks:
- Steam cauliflower. After you rice the cauliflower, steam it in the microwave or on the stove, until softened.
- Make the cauliflower breadstick batter. Using a food processor, pulse the hemp seeds until they resemble flour. Add eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Drain cauliflower. When the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, transfer it to a tea towel and squeeze several times to drain as much water as you can. Aim to get a cup of moisture out!
- Finish the low carb cauliflower breadsticks. Add cauliflower to the food processor and process until smooth.
- Form the cauliflower crust. Transfer the dough to the lined baking sheet. Spread into a rectangle, about 1/3 inch thick.
TIP: The overall size might vary a bit, depending on how big your head of cauliflower is, but the thickness is the important part!
- Bake the crust until it’s firm and starting to get golden.
- Top with cheese. Brush the top with melted butter, sprinkle with cheese, and bake until cheese is melted. Cool slightly, then cut into 24 cauliflower cheese sticks.
How Many Carbs In Cauliflower Breadsticks?
There are just 4 grams net carbs in each serving of cauliflower cheese breadsticks! Each serving is 4 small sticks, about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide.
In other words, each breadstick is just 1 net carb!
How To Store Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks
Store this cauliflower cheesy bread in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F, or the microwave will work in a pinch.
Can You Freeze Cauliflower Pizza Breadsticks?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe for cheesy cauliflower breadsticks! Wrap in aluminum foil or a freezer safe bag, using a piece of parchment paper between layers to prevent sticking.
Store in the freezer for 2-3 months, and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F.
More Keto Bread Recipes
If you like this cauliflower breadsticks recipe, you might also like some of my other low carb keto bread recipes. Here are a few favorites to try out:
- Keto Cornbread – Yes! This actually tastes like cornbread. No! It doesn’t have any corn. The secret…go find out!
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits – The perfect side to soups or salads, these are just like the real deal you know and love.
- Keto Microwave Bread – This coconut flour bread can be made in the microwave – perfect for when you don’t have time to wait for your bread to bake!
- Chaffles – Five different ways to make chaffles, both sweet and savory, meet your new favorite.
- Low Carb Bagels – Perhaps one of the most popular keto bread recipes of all time! They are chewy just like the real thing!
Tools To Make Cauliflower Breadsticks:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Microwave Safe Bowl – This bowl set is microwave safe and has many different sizes so you always have the size you need on hand. Perfect for mixing up this cheesy cauliflower breadsticks recipe.
- Baking Sheet – This baking sheet is heavy duty and the perfect pan for keto cheesy cauliflower breadsticks.
- Parchment Paper – Ensure your low carb cheesy cauliflower breadsticks don’t stick by lining your pan with parchment paper.
Cheesy Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks Recipe:
Pin it to save for later!
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Cheesy Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks Recipe
This easy cheesy cauliflower breadsticks recipe is perfectly crispy and chewy! Low carb cauliflower breadsticks are just 6 ingredients and 1 net carb each.
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place the riced cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 10 minutes (or steam on the stove), until softened. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
While the cauliflower is cooling, pulse the hemp seeds in a food processor, until smooth.
Add the eggs, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Process again until smooth.
When the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, transfer it to a tea towel and squeeze tightly several times to drain as much water as possible. You should get close to a cup of moisture out.
Add the drained riced cauliflower to the food processor. Process until smooth.
Transfer the "dough" onto the lined baking sheet. Spread into a rectangle, about 1/3 inch thick. (Mine turned out to be 12x8 in (31x20 cm), but the size will vary depending on the size of your cauliflower head - the thickness is the important part.)
Bake for 13-18 minutes, until the top is firm and starting to get golden.
Brush the top with melted butter. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top, then bake for 5-10 more minutes, until the cheese is melted. If desired, you can place under the broiler to brown the cheese.
Cool slightly, then cut lengthwise in half, and then cross-wise into 1-inch wide strips, to form 24 breadstick shaped rectangles total.
Made this recipe? Leave a rating! ★★★★★
Serving size: 4 small breadsticks (4 inches long, 1 inch wide), or 1/6 entire recipe
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. We'd LOVE for you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe instructions to social media or websites. You may share a photo with a link back instead.