Free: Healthy Freezer Meals Recipe EbookGet It Now
Pizza dip is a cheesy appetizer party dip that tastes like pizza! I was inspired to create this pepperoni pizza dip recipe after I made pizza casserole and my pizza bowl where I found myself dipping fresh veggies in it. This dip is a lot like that casserole (and also a lot like crustless pizza), but is more creamy and cheesy for easier scooping. It’s an irresistible appetizer that party guests will love!
I love pairing pizza flavors with veggies, and there are so many ways to do it. While cauliflower pizza crust, healthy zucchini pizza bites, or easy mini eggplant pizzas make a great base for pizza toppings, this dip pairs well with fresh veggies — or any dipper you like!
Why You’ll Love This Pizza Dip Recipe
- Delicious pepperoni pizza flavor
- Creamy, cheesy texture
- 6 simple ingredients
- Done in less than 30 minutes
- Naturally low carb and gluten-free (with the right dippers)
- Easy to customize
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for baked pizza dip, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Cream Cheese – Softened cream cheese is easier to mix, so let it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes before starting the recipe. If you forget, you can microwave the cream cheese to soften it.
- Italian Seasoning – I made homemade Italian seasoning, but you could use store-bought for convenience.
- Cheese – I used a combination of shredded parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese, but you can also use only mozzarella if you like. Any other cheeses that melt well would also work.
- Pepperoni – I used regular pepperoni for this recipe, but you can easily swap in turkey pepperoni or mini pepperonis. Chop half of the pepperoni finely to mix directly in the dip, while the other half will stay whole for topping.
- Marinara Sauce – I used homemade sugar-free marinara sauce, but any marinara or pizza sauce would work.
VARIATION: Add garlic!
I kept this pizza dip recipe simple with as few ingredients as possible, but you can add more flavor by adding 2 cloves of minced garlic or 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder to the cream cheese mixture.
How To Make Pizza Dip
This section shows how to make cheesy pepperoni pizza dip, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Mix cream cheese base. In a large bowl, stir softened cream cheese with shredded parmesan, Italian seasoning, and finely chopped pepperoni slices.
- Spread. Transfer the cream cheese mixture to the bottom of a baking dish (this one is the perfect size) and spread evenly.
- Add marinara. Pour marinara sauce evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add toppings. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and top with more (whole) pepperoni slices.
- Bake. Cook in a preheated oven until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve. Enjoy pepperoni pizza dip hot with tortilla chips and/or fresh veggies.
You can easily customize this pizza dip recipe with your favorite pizza toppings:
- Proteins – Switch up the protein in your dip, or add additional meat. Try cooked ham, air fryer sausage, cooked crumbled sausage, or leftover oven baked bacon.
- Fruits & Veggies – Add additional produce to the dip such as spinach, mushrooms, black olives, pineapple, onions, or bell peppers. Any watery veggies are best cooked first, so this is a good opportunity to use leftover sauteed mushrooms or sauteed spinach.
- Cheese – If you want it extra cheesy, leave out the protein. Try a different cheese such as cheddar cheese, or use a combination of cheeses for a delicious flavor that pairs perfectly with the tangy tomato sauce.
- Sauce – Not a fan of red sauce? Try this dip with basil pesto or alfredo sauce instead.
- Store: Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Meal prep: Assemble the dip up to 3 days ahead of time and bake right before serving.
- Reheat: Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, until warm.
- Freeze: After you make this easy pizza dip, you can freeze it right in the baking dish. Let it cool completely, then cover with plastic wrap flush against the surface and wrap in more layers of plastic wrap (or place in a freezer bag). Store the frozen pizza dip for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
What To Serve With Pizza Dip
Pepperoni pizza dip pairs well with lots of different foods! It’s commonly served with baguette slices, but I typically try to choose healthier options. Try it with these simple sides for game day (or any day):
- Fresh Vegetables – Veggies like celery sticks, sliced cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and mini bell peppers are great healthy options for dipping.
- Chips & Crackers – Serve with your favorite crackers, pretzels, or tortilla chips. Or make healthier swaps like almond flour crackers, crispy air fryer zucchini chips, or gluten-free and low carb tortilla chips.
- More Appetizers – Make a full party spread with dishes like Mexican shrimp cocktail, crispy bacon asparagus, zesty lemon pepper wings, simple and spicy jalapeno poppers, or elegant bacon wrapped dates. Of course, pizza anything always goes with crispy baked chicken wings.
More Cheesy Dip Recipes
Looking for more easy dip recipes to make for your next party? Try these simple and delicious ideas!
Pizza Dip Recipe
Pizza Dip Recipe (So Easy & Cheesy!)
This easy pizza dip recipe is a super cheesy appetizer with simple ingredients like cream cheese, marinara, mozzarella, and pepperoni.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
In a medium or large bowl, mix softened cream cheese with shredded parmesan, Italian seasoning, and 2 ounces finely chopped pepperoni slices. Spread this mixture in the base of a small baking dish (this one is the perfect size).
Pour the marinara sauce evenly on top of the cream cheese.
Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the marinara and top with the remaining 2 ounces of pepperoni slices (whole this time).
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂