This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This rich low carb keto pizza sauce recipe makes the perfect sweet and savory base for all your favorite toppings! It takes just a few ingredients you probably already keep in your pantry… and in minutes, it’s ready to add to classic keto pizza, or other keto pizza crust recipes like cauliflower crust, chicken crust, and zucchini pizza crust! Anytime you want pizza on keto, you’ll want this sauce at the ready.
Is Pizza Sauce Keto?
Although pizza sauce contains keto-friendly ingredients, like herbs and tomatoes, not all tomato sauces are good for a keto diet, because they contain added sugar. Skip the extra carbs and make the best keto friendly pizza sauce at home instead — it’s so easy and tastes authentic!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Delicious, bold tomato flavor
- Rich, smooth texture
- Uses simple pantry staples
- Ready in 2 minutes — no cooking required
- Naturally gluten-free and low carb
- Perfect for ANY keto pizza recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for sugar-free pizza sauce, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Olive Oil – For the best tasting sauce, use a high quality variety. I recommend extra-virgin. Avocado oil will also work if that’s what you have, but the flavor is better with EVOO.
- Tomato Paste – Adds rich tomato flavor for a classic sauce.
- Dried Herbs – Oregano, basil, and marjoram are traditional herbs in this keto sauce for pizza. However, you could substitute an equivalent amount of homemade Italian seasoning if needed.
- Dried Spices – Garlic powder, onion powder, and fennel seed. You can also add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes if you like.
- Salt & Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar – Adds subtle sweetness and body to this sauce. You could skip it, or add Powdered Besti (which dissolves easily, unlike other sweeteners) if you like more sweetness.
- Water – To thin out the sauce.
How To Make Keto Pizza Sauce
- Stir. To make low carb pizza sauce, simply add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until smooth. If desired, thin the sauce out with additional water.
TIP: For extra smooth sauce, blend ingredients in a blender instead.
- Use. The sauce is ready to use on your favorite pizza (see ideas below). No cooking required!
- Store: Keep keto homemade pizza sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Freeze: Portion sauce into ice cube trays and freeze until solid. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and store for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or at low power in the microwave .
Keto Pizza Recipes To Use The Sauce
This keto homemade pizza sauce is perfect for topping any low carb pizza dough, or in any other recipe with pizza flavors, such as the ones below. You can also use it in place of marinara sauce with keto pasta, in casseroles, and other Italian recipes.
Tools To Make Homemade Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- Mixing Bowls – I love how many sizes come in this set!
- Ice Cube Tray – This one is made out of silicone for easy removal.
Easy Keto Pizza Sauce Recipe
Low Carb Keto Pizza Sauce (2 Minutes!)
This easy low carb keto pizza sauce recipe takes just 2 minutes to assemble, using simple pantry staples! Learn the best ways to use it for pizza and more.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Stir all ingredients together, until smooth.
If the sauce is too thick for your liking, thin out with more water.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Makes 3/4 cup.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
I made this and it turned out good. I used a 6 oz can of tomato paste because that’s what I had. I don’t like fennel so I left that out. I used parsley in place of the marjoram since I didn’t have marjoram. I did use a little bit, 1/2 tsp, of sweetener and extra garlic powder. Oh, also needed more water because I cooked it on low for about an hour.
Made the Fathead Pizza dough and used this pizza sauce. Really good flavor. Will definitely be making it again.
So good! I love putting this on a low carb tortilla with my favorite toppings.
Homemade pizza sauce is the best, so easy to make and sugar-free.
The balsamic vinegar gives this pizza sauce a nice kick to it! Loved how easy it is to make. Making pizza dough tonight and will be using this sauce for sure!
I love being able to make a homemade pizza sauce that’s keto too. So delicious!
This is such a tasty pizza sauce. We used it on both traditional pizza dough and a cauliflower crust pizza! Yum both times!
I have some homemade tomato paste I want to use for this recipe! Thank you!
I love how easy this keto pizza sauce is to make. The perfect topping on some fathead dough for pizza night.
The added sugar in most tomato sauces was not something I was aware of until just a few years ago! So making a sugar-free tomato sauce is so helpful!
A fantastic pizza base sauce recipe; we all loved it for Saturday night homemade pizza night 🙂
Delicious! Great herb blend and the balsamic just took the pizza sauce over the top!
So easy and delicious. Thanks for another super saver and useful recipe.
This is so perfect when Homemade. Love to just give this healthy sauce recipe a try.
Amy L Huntley0
So much flavor for being low carb! This is my new go-to pizza sauce!
Best pizza sauce!! It adds so much flavor & was a cinch to make!
We make pizza around here once a week…and this keto pizza sauce was so good! The balsamic was the key for me 🙂
Love this combination of herbs and the sauce is super flavourful.
Tasty sauce and I love how easy it is to make!
This pizza sauce had so much flavor! Using store-bought is frustrating because it’s hard to find one that’s low in sugar, there’s always some added. Glad I have this recipe now!
Wow. That was the easiest pizza sauce ever! Yummy too!
Amy L Huntley0
This pizza sauce has so much flavor and is simple to make too!
I had no clue that pizza sauce was not already keto! Thank you for sharing this recipe.
What a great sauce!! I will be making a big batch so that I can put it in jars & store! Having it made saves so much time & tastes so much better than store bought!
This pizza sauce was PERFECT for my cauliflower crust pizza! It was super easy and quick to whip up, and it really did taste better than any store bought sauce I’ve bought. This is definitely going to be my go-to recipe when making homemade pizza from now on!