Free: Healthy 5-Ingredient Meals EbookGet It Now
- Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Sausage Recipe
- Ingredients & Substitutions
- How To Cook Italian Sausage In The Air Fryer
- How Long To Air Fry Italian Sausage?
- Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Air Fryer Italian Sausages
- More Italian Sausage Recipes
- Recommended Tools
- Air Fryer Sausage Recipe (So Fast!)
Since cooking Italian sausage in the air fryer takes in just a few minutes, it’s perfect for a quick, easy, and healthy main dish. And while you might think that Italian sausage cooks easily in a pan on the stovetop, it’s much more hands-off (and less mess!) when you turn it into an air fryer recipe — just like air fryer pork chops, easy air fried brats, and air fryer chicken wings. This air fryer sausage recipe delivers perfect results with almost zero effort!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Sausage Recipe
- Packed with savory flavors
- Crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside
- Just 7-8 minutes to cook – faster than the oven!
- No flipping, no mess
- Great protein to add to other recipes
- Naturally low carb and gluten-free
Ingredients & Substitutions
Italian sausage links are the only ingredient you need! Depending on the exact seasonings, some brands call them mild Italian sausage while others call them sweet Italian sausage. You could also get spicy varieties as well.
This air fryer sausage recipe is based on 3.8-ounce links, which are a typical standard size. You may need to adjust the time if your sausages are smaller or larger.
VARIATION: Try other sausages!
Instead of Italian pork sausage, try kielbasa, chicken sausage, or turkey sausage. Smaller varieties, such as breakfast sausages or sausage patties, will take less time.
How To Cook Italian Sausage In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to make Italian sausages in the air fryer, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep. Preheat the air fryer, if desired. (It’s also fine if you skip preheating.)
TIP: Clean the drip tray before cooking.
Air fryer sausage links create a lot of excess grease, so make sure your drip tray is clean before cooking them to prevent smoking.
- Arrange. Place Italian sausages in the air fryer basket in a single layer, with space between the links.
- Air fry. Cook air fryer sausage links until golden brown and cooked through.
How Long To Air Fry Italian Sausage?
Air fryer sausage cook time is 7-8 minutes in the air fryer. Cook until they are golden brown and use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Store: Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Place leftover Italian sausage links in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for about 2-3 minutes, just until warm.
- Freeze: You can freeze sausage cooked or raw. Wrap in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer bag. You can store Italian sausage links in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or in a bowl of cold water, before reheating.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Italian Sausages
Similar to a bratwurst, Italian sausage links can be served on a bun with a variety of different sides (and a nice drizzle of mustard!). But, you can also cut them into slices and put them in other dishes. Here are a few ideas:
- Veggies – Add sliced peppers or onions alongside the uncooked sausages. They will cook in your air fryer in the same amount of time.
- Potatoes – Sausage and potatoes just go together! You can pair these links with baked potato cubes, mashed potatoes (or mashed cauliflower), or potato salad (cauliflower potato salad for a lighter option).
- Stir Fry – Slice these links up and add them into stir fries like fried cabbage and sausage, stir fry vegetables, or fried rice (and cauliflower fried rice).
- Pizza – These Italian sausage links make great toppings to any pizza. Use your favorite dough (my favorite is a keto pizza crust), or even turn it into a crustless pizza or pizza bowl.
- Pasta – Toss links with your favorite pasta, zucchini noodles, or baked spaghetti squash. Top with marinara, basil pesto, or alfredo sauce.
- Salad – Try these links on spring mix salad, kale crunch salad, and loaded roasted cauliflower salad. Or, serve sausage with a side Greek salad, Caprese salad, or chef salad.
More Italian Sausage Recipes
Sausage is a delicious, versatile meat that can be cooked in a variety of ways. Here are some of my favorite Italian sausage recipes:
- Air Fryer – I love the size and programmable features of this air fryer!
Air Fryer Sausage Recipe (So Fast!)
Air fryer Italian sausage is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. It's crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and so fast to make!
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). (For air fryers, it’s also fine if you skip preheating.)
Arrange Italian sausage in the air fryer basket in a single layer, with space between the links.
Cook for 7-8 minutes, until golden brown and Internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 1 air fryer sausage link.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂