This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Air fryer jalapeno poppers have all the savory flavor you love in this classic appetizer — made even faster! For times when you need an easy game day snack or delicious party food, they come together so easily. And unlike other cooking methods, making jalapeno poppers in the air fryer needs only 10 minutes of cook time.
Just like my jalapeno popper hasselback chicken, jalapeno popper chaffles, and classic jalapeno poppers in the oven, this recipe combines the creaminess of two cheeses with a kick from spicy jalapenos. Wrap it all in bacon, and you get the ultimate salty, savory dish in a flash!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- Cheesy, salty, spicy flavor
- Crispy, creamy textures
- Only 5 simple ingredients
- 10 minutes to prep
- Crispy without bread crumbs
- Naturally gluten-free and low carb
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for jalapeno air fryer poppers, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Jalapeno Peppers – Choose bright green ones with a smooth skin, and select peppers similar in size, so that they cook evenly.
- Cream Cheese – I prefer full fat cream cheese, but any variety (including neufchatel cheese) will work. Make sure it’s softened to room temperature.
- Cheddar Cheese – Sharp cheddar cheese tastes delicious in these poppers, but any kind works (including pre-shredded varieties).
- Spices – Black pepper and garlic powder.
- Bacon – You’ll need 24 strips of raw bacon. Avoid thicker cuts, as they will take longer to cook.
OTHER ADDITIONS: Want to add something else? Parmesan cheese, onion powder, or sliced scallions also make nice additions to the cream cheese mixture.
How To Make Jalapeno Poppers In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to make air fryer poppers with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Preheat. Heat air fryer to 325 degrees F.
- Prep. Cut the jalapeno peppers in half. Scoop out the seeds and white membranes.
- Mix. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses and spices.
- Fill. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture into each jalapeno half.
- Wrap. Wrap each pepper half in one slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Air fry. Place jalapeno peppers in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook until the bacon is crispy and fully cooked.
Tips For The Best Jalapeno Poppers In The Air Fryer
Follow these tricks for perfect poppers every time!
- Wear gloves. When you handle spicy peppers, gloves help prevent accidental burns in your eyes or hands. Always wash your hands after preparing spicy peppers.
- Work in batches. If you have a small air fryer, stretch the cooking over multiple batches to ensure they have enough air flow to get crisp. Don’t crowd the basket.
- Use precooked bacon if you have time (optional). This is not required, but for extra crispy poppers, precook your bacon in the air fryer for 6 minutes at 370 degrees. Then, wrap around the stuffed jalapenos and continue cooking in the air fryer as written.
- Don’t skip the toothpicks. They help keep bacon from shrinking and falling off the peppers, and also prevent the cheese from leaking out.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long for jalapeno poppers in the air fryer?
Fresh, homemade jalapeno poppers take 10-14 minutes in a 325 degree F air fryer.
Are air fryer jalapeno poppers keto?
Many jalapeno popper recipes are not keto because they use panko breadcrumbs. Always check ingredient lists to know for certain! This recipe for jalapeno poppers in the air fryer is naturally low carb and keto friendly.
Why are my jalapeno poppers soggy?
Jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon in the air fryer should have a slightly softened pepper, but still firm enough to pick up. If your peppers are too soft, you can try these fixes:
- Par-cook the bacon. Fry the bacon separately in a pan (or cook bacon in the air fryer) until it has rendered some fat, but is still pliable. Wrap peppers and cook as usual.
- Cook for less time. You can follow the recipe as-is and decrease the cooking time, but the bacon may not be as crispy.
Can you bake them in the oven?
Yes, follow my regular cream cheese jalapeno poppers recipe for that.
- Store: Place poppers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Meal prep: Prepare cheese filling in advance. You can also assemble the poppers and just cook them when ready.
- Reheat: Reheat poppers in the air fryer at 325 degrees F, until warm.
- Freeze: To avoid mushy peppers after thawing, it’s best to cook the jalapeno poppers in the air fryer for at least a couple of minutes before freezing. You could cook them all the way through, or just cook for a couple of minutes to reduce enzyme activity and avoid the mushy result. Either way, let them cool and flash freeze on a lined baking sheet until solid. Then, transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag. From there, you can reheat (or finish cooking) in the air fryer from frozen.
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
Air fryers are the best for quick bites! Try these air fryer snacks next.
Tools To Make Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer – A must for these poppers! I use this one frequently for appetizers and small plates, and it has a nice, large basket.
- Mixing Bowls – With a wide variety of sizes, I use these almost daily in the kitchen.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers (5 Ingredients!)
Air fryer jalapeno poppers cook up fast and crispy in just 10 minutes! Learn the best tips to make creamy, cheesy, spicy jalapeno poppers in the air fryer.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees F (163 degrees C).
In a mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Fill each jalapeño halve with about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture.
Wrap a slice of bacon tightly around each jalapeño half and secure horizontally with a toothpick. Repeat with all the peppers.
Place jalapeño poppers in the air fryer and cook for 10-14 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through and crisp to your liking.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 2 jalapeno poppers
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
What setting do you use for the air fryer?
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Sylvia, I use the air-fry setting.
This recipe was so easy and they were nice and crispy. Really enjoyed them!!
We love these poppers!! They’re so tasty!!
This is the easiest way to make jalapeno poppers! The bacon gets super crispy while the peppers stay nice and tender. Everyone loved these!
These are one of my favorite apps!
I love how easy these are to make! Everyone at my house loved this! I can’t wait to make it again!
These are such a flavorful app! Fun for Sunday football games.
This look very nice.