Free: Healthy Freezer Meals Recipe EbookGet It Now
No matter how done you like your eggs, air fryer hard boiled eggs deliver perfect results every time! Using the air fryer for eggs is just as easy as preparing stovetop boiled eggs, but with no water and no watching them. Whether you need just one or two eggs or a dozen, hard boiled eggs in the air fryer come together quickly and peel easily!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Perfectly cooked to your liking
- Easy to peel
- No boiling water, less fuss than the stove top
- Virtually no prep required
- Great for meal prep, snacks, Easter eggs, salads, and more
How To Hard Boil Eggs In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to cook eggs in the air fryer, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Arrange. After preheating air fryer, place eggs in a single layer in the basket.
- Air fry. Cook to desired doneness. (See time chart below!)
- Chill. Immediately transfer the cooked eggs to an ice water bath in a large bowl, making sure they are completely submerged. (This will prevent overcooking.) Peel and enjoy, or store for later.
How Long To Boil Eggs In The Air Fryer?
For regular air fryer hard boiled eggs, 15-17 minutes is the ideal cook time. Different air fryers and egg sizes may vary cook times slightly.
Air Fryer Eggs Time Chart
Use the chart below for other levels of doneness for large eggs. Choose your preferred time based on how you like your egg yolk:
|Air Fryer Cook Time||Result|
|8 minutes||Very runny soft boiled eggs|
|9 minutes||Runny soft boiled eggs|
|10 minutes||Very gooey medium boiled eggs|
|11 minutes||Gooey medium boiled eggs|
|12 minutes||Just set medium boiled eggs|
|13 minutes||Medium-hard boiled eggs|
|14 minutes||Very creamy hard boiled eggs|
|15 minutes||Creamy hard boiled eggs|
|16 minutes||Firm hard boiled eggs|
|17 minutes||Very firm hard boiled eggs|
Below is a visual showing how the eggs look after 8 minutes, all the way to 17 minutes: I found that 14-15 minutes was the “perfect” doneness for me (not dry, but also fully set), but 17 is probably a more traditional texture for egg salad sandwiches.
Tips For Easy Peel Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
This air fryer hard boiled egg recipe makes eggs that are quite easy to peel, thanks to the circulation of hot air. These tips make it even easier:
- Use older eggs. Eggs that are at least a week old have more air inside, which creates more space between the white and the shell.
- If needed, cook in batches. The average air fryer can fit about 8 eggs, but a full dozen should be able to fit in a large-sized air fryer. If they don’t fit, it’s okay to cook them in batches.
- Soft to medium eggs are harder to peel (the 8-10 minute egg). Because the egg white is still somewhat soft, peeling them can be tricky. Be sure they are fully cooled so the white is hardened before peeling.
- Plunge in ice water. If you use the above air fryer boiled eggs time chart but skip the cold water step, your eggs will be overcooked. They may also be more difficult to peel.
- Roll the egg on the counter. My favorite tip of all. Roll the egg on the counter gently pressing on it to create cracks all over. Simply peel away a portion of shell and the rest should come off effortlessly.
Keep unpeeled hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days. If they are peeled, keep them submerged in water but change the water daily. Be sure to keep the hard boiled eggs separate from the raw eggs in the fridge!
Serving Suggestions & Recipes
There are so many things you can do with this recipe! Try these seasonings and serving ideas:
- Seasonings – Simply sprinkle with salt and pepper, or use your favorite seasoning mix.
- Appetizers – Make bacon deviled eggs for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- Hearty Salads – Use air fryer eggs in conventional egg salad, tuna egg salad. or avocado egg salad.
- Leafy Salads – Arrange sliced boiled eggs on top of a spinach bacon salad, chef salad, cobb salad, or even 7-layer salad.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs (Easy Peel!)
Air fryer hard boiled eggs are a fast, hands-off, no water method of cooking eggs that are easy to peel. Time chart included!
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat air fryer to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
Place the eggs in the air fryer basket, in a single layer. (You might fit a dozen eggs into a large basket, but if they don’t all fit, cook in batches).
Cook for 8-10 minutes for soft boiled eggs, 11-14 minutes for medium boiled eggs, or 15-17 minutes for hard boiled eggs. (I recommend 15 minutes for perfect air fryer hard boiled eggs with a creamy, not dry, yolk).
Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath (a large bowl filled with ice and cold water. The water level should be high enough to fully cover the eggs).
When the eggs are finished cooking, immediately transfer to the ice bath. Let sit for 6-8 minutes, then peel and enjoy.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1 egg
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂