Free: Healthy Freezer Meals Recipe EbookGet It Now
This easy deviled eggs with bacon recipe is one of my favorite appetizers for any occasion. Potlucks, picnics, parties, holidays… you name it, these are perfect for it! (And they are always a crowd pleaser — who doesn’t like eggs and bacon?) If you like egg salad recipes, you’ll love bacon deviled eggs!
Why You’ll Love Deviled Eggs With Bacon
- Tangy, savory, and smoky flavor
- Smooth and creamy filling
- Crispy bacon on top
- Simple ingredients
- Ready in less than 20 minutes
- Naturally healthy, low carb, and gluten-free
- Perfect egg recipe for potlucks and picnics
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for the best deviled egg recipe with bacon, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Eggs – Use my guide for easy peel boiled eggs for a frustration-free experience every time. You could also make air fryer hard boiled eggs or hard boiled eggs in the oven if you like.
- Mayonnaise – The base of the yolk filling. You can make homemade avocado mayo or buy it.
- Dijon Mustard – Adds a little spice. Feel free to use regular yellow mustard instead of the Dijon if you like, or even a flavored mustard.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar helps to break down the egg yolk and gives the bacon deviled eggs a little tang. You can also use distilled vinegar, or pickle relish if you like that flavor.
- Garlic Powder – For flavor.
- Sea Salt
- Cooked Bacon – I cook bacon in the oven, but you could also make bacon in the air fryer or cook bacon in the microwave. For a time-saving shortcut, get precooked bacon bits. This recipe uses 4 slices bacon, which would be equivalent to about 1/4 cup bacon bits.
- Smoked Paprika – Adds smoky flavor and a bit of color. You could use regular paprika as well.
- Fresh Chives – For the garnish and they also add some delicate onion flavor. Thinly sliced green onions would also taste delicious.
How To Make Deviled Eggs With Bacon
This section shows how to make this deviled eggs bacon recipe with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Boil eggs. Boil eggs according to the instructions here. Let cool in ice water, then peel.
- Mash yolks. Slice eggs in half the long way with a paring knife. Remove yolks and place into a large bowl. Mash.
- Mix filling. Add mayo, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and sea salt to egg yolks. Stir until smooth.
- Assemble. Pipe egg yolk mixture back into egg white halves with a piping bag (or zip lock bag with the corner snipped off). You can also use a spoon in a pinch, but piping looks much better.
- Add toppings. For the best deviled eggs with bacon, add a sprinkle of smoked paprika and fresh chives on top.
Spice up your bacon deviled eggs with a twist! Try these variations for a delicious and unique flavor:
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs – Seed and dice two jalapenos (use gloves!). Add bacon and jalapenos to the yolk mixture and pipe into eggs. You can also use sliced jalapenos for garnish on top if you prefer.
- Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs – Add 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese to the yolk mixture. Mix well.
- Add Spices – If you like a kick, add a sprinkle of black pepper or cayenne pepper, or a drizzle of sriracha to the filling mixture.
- Add Other Toppings – Try chopped olives, roasted red peppers, capers, diced radishes, lox, diced ham, or sliced prosciutto.
You can store deviled eggs with bacon in the fridge for 3-4 days, but they are best eaten the same day.
If you’re looking to save time, you can boil the eggs and make the filling up to a few days in advance. However, don’t fill the eggs until right before serving.
More Classic Cold Appetizers
So many ways to serve a crowd! If you liked this dish, you’ll love these easy appetizers as well:
Deviled Eggs With Bacon Recipe
Deviled Eggs With Bacon (So Easy!)
The BEST deviled eggs with bacon and chives! These super simple bacon deviled eggs use common ingredients and take just 20 minutes.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Boil eggs according to the instructions here. Place in ice water for 10 minutes to cool, then peel.
Slice the eggs in half the long way with a pairing knife. Remove the yolks and place them into a large bowl. Mash with a fork.
Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and sea salt to the eggs. Mix well.
Pipe the egg yolk mixture back into the egg white halves with a piping bag. Top with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, crumbled bacon, and fresh chives.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1 deviled egg with bacon
Nutrition info does not include optional paprika and chives.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂