FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- How To Make Crab Dip with Cream Cheese
- How To Make Hot or Cold Crab Dip
- Is Canned Lump Crab Meat Good?
- How Many Calories In Cold Crab Dip?
- Can You Make Easy Crab Dip Ahead?
- Can You Freeze Cold Crab Dip?
- What To Serve With Crab Meat Dip
- Tools To Make Cold Crab Dip
- Easy Cold Crab Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese - 5 Minutes
You have probably figured this out by now, but quick and simple recipes are my JAM! And this easy cold crab dip recipe with cream cheese (aka crab meat dip) is just that. It takes 5 minutes to make and just 6 ingredients. Not only is it fast and easy, but it’s also a delicious way to enjoy seafood. And even though it sounds a little fancy, the ingredients to make this homemade crab dip are surprisingly basic! I usually just need to pick up some crab meat, we always have everything else at home. It’s time to learn how to make crab dip.
When we entertain or host parties, I love to have an assortment of dips. They are the perfect way to have a little something for everyone. Everyone loves dips.
And it’s perfect because then I can also serve an assortment of dippers to accompany the dips! It’s such an easy way to include snacks that are both low carb and not. Everyone’s happy.
Plus, this cold crab meat dip is sure to impress all your guests. Crab instantly elevates a dip, don’t you think? Everyone will think it’s such a treat, and you don’t have to tell them exactly how easy it is to make, just that it’s the best cold crab dip recipe out there. 🙂
With summer around the corner, I can’t wait to fire up the grill with some perfectly juicy burgers, throw together a big ole salad, and snack on this (naturally) low carb crab dip with cream cheese. Mmm.
How To Make Crab Dip with Cream Cheese
Wondering how to make crab dip at home? You’ve come to the right spot.
To make this chilled crab dip, grab your blender and blend together:
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice
- Old Bay seasoning
TIP: If you like spicy crab dip, add some cayenne pepper for a little kick.
After the base is done, you’ll fold in:
- Lump crab meat
Then, just refrigerate your crab and cream cheese dip until ready to serve.
How To Make Hot or Cold Crab Dip
You can serve this easy crab dip recipe cold or hot! The instructions for cold are above.
To make it hot, it’s exactly the same, but then just bake it in the oven until it’s hot. Add a little shredded or grated parmesan cheese before you bake it to get a nice, cheesy crust.
Is Canned Lump Crab Meat Good?
Yes! Canned lump crab meat is good and it’s perfect for recipes like this cold seafood dip. Typically, lump crab meat is a mix of broken pieces of jumbo lump crab meat – so it’s high-quality crab meat, that’s broken into smaller pieces, which is just what we want for an easy cold crab dip recipe.
How Many Calories In Cold Crab Dip?
There are 41 calories in this cold crab dip recipe. The full nutrition stats are listed in the recipe card below, but here are some of the highlights. Each serving (2 tablespoons) of this easy crab dip with cream cheese has:
- 41 calories
- 2 grams fat
- 3 grams protein
- 0 grams carbohydrates
Can You Make Easy Crab Dip Ahead?
Yes, you can make easy crab dip ahead. It’s one of the reasons I love it so much. After you mix up the cold crab dip with real crab, refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve it.
It will get even better with time, as the flavors come together. So you can make it a day or two ahead, which makes it perfect if you’re hosting a party or get-together.
Can You Freeze Cold Crab Dip?
No, you really shouldn’t freeze cold crab dip. As a general rule of thumb, it’s not advised to freeze dairy like cream cheese, milk, etc. as the texture will change in the freezing and thawing process.
What To Serve With Crab Meat Dip
This is obviously the perfect cold crab dip for crackers, but there are so many other dipping options:
- Cucumber slices
- Mini peppers (my favorite)
- Celery sticks
- Keto Low Carb Tortilla Chips – You can include these low carb tortilla chips and regular tortilla chips.
- Keto Fathead Crackers – These popular keto crackers are sturdy enough to scoop.
- Keto Low Carb Bagels – Serve cold crab salads as part of a bagel breakfast buffet. You can also include cucumber slices, tomato slices, smoked salmon, and a variety of cream cheeses.
I like to include a variety of colors and textures when serving it for a party so that there’s a little something for everyone.
Tools To Make Cold Crab Dip
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- High-Powder Blender – It’s an investment, but there’s not much this blender can’t do and I use mine daily. It will make blending up the base of this healthy crab dip cold really easy!
- Glass Chip & Dip Set – Show off this dip and colorful vegetables in this glass chip & dip set.
- Silicone Kitchen Utensil Set – I love the variety of spatulas and cooking tools – no need to worry about scratching pans.
Easy Cold Crab Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese - 5 Minutes:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Easy Cold Crab Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese - 5 Minutes
Learn how to make crab dip! This EASY cold crab dip recipe with cream cheese (crab meat dip) needs just 5 minutes + 6 ingredients.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Blend together the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, and seasoning in a blender or food processor, until smooth.
- Fold in the crab meat and chives using a spatula. (Do this gently and don't over-mix. You want some lumps of crab throughout.)
- Transfer to a bowl, cover in plastic wrap, and chill until ready to serve.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 2 tbsp
Video Showing How To Make Crab Dip:
Scroll up a bit to see the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Crab Dip!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Shop Wholesome Yum Keto Ingredients
Find more Wholesome Yum ingredients for your recipes on Amazon!