FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- Can You Bake Eggs In The Oven?
- Why Make Baked Hard Boiled Eggs?
- How To Cook Eggs In The Oven
- How To Hard Boil Eggs In The Oven
- How Long To Cook Eggs In The Oven
- Will Hard Boiled Eggs In The Oven Explode?
- Does Cooking Eggs In The Oven Make Them Easy To Peel?
- How To Store Baked Hard Boiled Eggs
- What To Do With Boiled Eggs In The Oven
- Tools To Make Baked Hard Boiled Eggs in a Muffin Tin
- Perfect Baked Hard Boiled Eggs In The Oven
Eggs are my favorite food in the world, so it was only natural to create a guide for how to boil eggs perfectly. Today I’m sharing my method for how to hard boil eggs in the oven, along with a time chart so that you can make them hard or soft boiled to your liking. Baked hard boiled eggs in the oven are super quick and easy – it takes just a minute to pop them in. Plus, I love that I don’t have to watch them when cooking eggs in the oven.
Can You Bake Eggs In The Oven?
Obviously, yes! And you have to bake hard boiled eggs ASAP if you haven’t tried it yet.
Why Make Baked Hard Boiled Eggs?
The reason I wanted to test how to make eggs in the oven is for the time savings and ease.
Boiling eggs on the stove top requires some level of attention, but you don’t have to worry about that when you’re cooking hard boiled eggs in the oven. With the oven method, I can just set a timer and walk away from the kitchen. So convenient!
How To Cook Eggs In The Oven
There are many different options for cooking eggs in the oven – poached, scrambled, quiches, and more. Lots of choices for oven baked eggs!
But today, we’re talking about how to make hard boiled eggs in the oven. (And for all you soft boiled egg lovers, I have you covered, too.)
How To Hard Boil Eggs In The Oven
The steps for how to hard boil eggs in the oven are super simple:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and place eggs into a muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (see the time chart below for how long to bake eggs in the oven!)
- Plunge the eggs into ice water for 10 minutes.
That’s it – you can make soft or hard eggs in the oven in no time!
How Long To Cook Eggs In The Oven
Now the big question that no other tutorial online covers – how long do you cook eggs in the oven?
Many sites recommend 30 minutes at either 325 or 350 degrees, but I wanted to show you a visual so that you can decide how you like your eggs done. You can make hard or soft boiled eggs in the oven… or anything in between – your choice!
The time will vary a bit if your oven runs hot or cold, or if your eggs are larger or smaller than mine (I used organic large eggs). You may need to adjust +/- a couple of minutes, but you’ll know that after the first time you make them.
Here is a chart to get you started…
|20 minutes||Very runny soft boiled eggs|
|22 minutes||Runny soft boiled eggs|
|24 minutes||Very gooey medium boiled eggs|
|25 minutes||Gooey medium boiled eggs|
|26 minutes||Just set medium boiled eggs|
|27 minutes||Medium-hard boiled eggs|
|28 minutes||Very creamy hard boiled eggs|
|29 minutes||Creamy hard boiled eggs|
|30 minutes||Firm hard boiled eggs|
Will Hard Boiled Eggs In The Oven Explode?
No! I’ve heard this myth floating around, but have tested this method several times and never had the eggs explode. I’m guessing it’s possible if you overcook the eggs significantly, but as long as you follow my time chart, you should not have explosions while cooking eggs in the oven.
Does Cooking Eggs In The Oven Make Them Easy To Peel?
Peeling baked hard boiled eggs is about the same as peeling eggs that were boiled.
Firmer eggs are easier to peel than soft boiled ones. For soft boiled, it’s best to use an egg cup and a spoon.
Otherwise, here are my two main tips for peeling hard boiled eggs:
- Plunge the eggs in ice water for a little while after cooking. This crucial step is not only to stop further cooking – it also makes them easier to peel.
- Roll the egg on the counter before peeling. This helps the egg inside separate from the shell a bit before you peel it off.
How To Store Baked Hard Boiled Eggs
When it comes to storage, hard boiled eggs baked in the oven aren’t any different from stove top ones. Simply refrigerate them.
After you master how to hard boil eggs in the oven, you can store them in the fridge peeled or unpeeled. They keep for just a few days peeled, or approximately a week if you store them in the shell.
What To Do With Boiled Eggs In The Oven
Now that you know how to bake eggs in the oven, here are some ideas for what to do with them!
For Soft Boiled Eggs:
- Avocado Toast – Soft boiled eggs are great over avo toast! Use keto 90-second bread for yours if you want a low carb version.
- Eggs & Soldiers – Use sticks of your favorite bread (try my low carb almond flour bread!) to dip into the soft-boiled egg. For healthier options, try cheese sticks or veggie sticks.
- Ramen Soup – The best ramen is topped with a soft boiled egg! Psst… watch for a keto-friendly ramen soup recipe in my cookbook coming this fall! 🙂
For Hard Boiled Eggs:
- 7-Layer Salad – The perfect make-ahead salad that will utilize lots of boiled eggs at once.
- Cauliflower Potato Salad – I actually have two similar recipes for this. Try my other cauliflower potato salad recipe here.
- Deviled Eggs – So many options for these! Try Mexican deviled eggs or jalapeno bacon deviled eggs.
Tools To Make Baked Hard Boiled Eggs in a Muffin Tin
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Muffin Tin – Baked eggs in a muffin tin cook most evenly, so get one if you don’t have one!
- Leak-proof Ice Cube Tray – Just like other methods for boiled eggs, baking eggs in the oven requires plunging them into ice water after cooking. I love this ice cube tray because it doesn’t leak in my freezer before the ice is solid, so I can put it vertically or diagonally to save space.
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs In Oven Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Perfect Baked Hard Boiled Eggs In The Oven
Cooking eggs in the oven is EASY! Baked hard boiled eggs in the oven take 20-30 minutes. For both soft or hard boiled eggs, here's a TIME CHART for how to boil eggs in the oven.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (163 degrees C).
Place one egg in each cup in a muffin tin.
Bake eggs for 20 to 30 minutes for your desired level of doneness. Eggs in the oven will take 20 minutes for very soft boiled, 30 minutes for fully hard boiled. See the chart in the post above for baking times in between.
Meanwhile, prepare a pot of ice water. As soon as you remove the eggs from the oven, immediately plunge them into the ice water, and leave them there for 10 minutes before eating or peeling.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 egg
Video Showing How To Make Boiled Eggs In The Oven:
Scroll up a bit to see the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Boiled Eggs In The Oven!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Shop Wholesome Yum Keto Ingredients
Find more Wholesome Yum ingredients for your recipes on Amazon!