FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
I originally created this easy, healthy cobb salad recipe for my Easy Keto Cookbook, but it was too good not to share with you on the blog, too. It has always been one of my favorite meals, both at home and at restaurants. The cobb is flavor packed, nutrient dense, satisfying, and so delicious. Besides, with the right cobb salad dressing (and assuming you use the most common cobb salad ingredients), almost variation happens to be a keto cobb salad as well. This one is no exception. And while this happens to be low carb, it’s just plain delicious. It’s perfect for everyone.
There are a few other recipes from my cookbook on the blog (including keto chicken tenders I shared recently), but this one is different in a way, because it shows that easy keto recipes don’t have to use any specialty ingredients. Cobb salad ingredients are super basic and found at any grocery store, and if you have friends or family who aren’t keto, they’ll love this just as much as you do.
If this healthy cobb salad is appealing, here are some other recipes in the Easy Keto Cookbook that are crowd-pleasers for all kinds of eaters:
- Double-Berry Smoothie
- Medetirranean Shakshuka
- Taco Stuffed Avocado
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Casserole
- Caprese Chicken Thighs
- Bacon-Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
That’s just a little preview for you – the whole book has 100 easy keto recipes total, with 80 of them brand new and exclusive to the book. Every recipe has a photo, macros, and helpful tips included, too.
(Register your purchase at the button above to get a printable keto pantry list, too!)
What Is A Cobb Salad?
A cobb salad is a green salad topped with chicken, bacon, hard boiled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, roquefort cheese, chives, and cobb salad dressing.
Cobb Salad Ingredients
There are just 10 ingredients in this low carb cobb salad:
- Romaine lettuce
- Hard boiled eggs
- Roquefort cheese
- Cobb salad dressing
How To Make A Cobb Salad
This healthy cobb salad recipe is easy to throw together. If you prep items ahead, it takes just 10 minutes:
- Assemble cobb salad ingredients. In a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce, watercress, bacon, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, hard boiled eggs, roquefort cheese, and chives.
- Add cobb salad dressing. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine – you can do this right in the bowl, or transfer to individual serving bowls first, before drizzling. Season with salt and pepper.
Cobb Salad Dressing Options
Wondering what the best dressing for cobb salad is? There are so many options and you really can’t go wrong.
Traditionally, classic cobb salad recipes call for a vinaigrette dressing, but here in Minnesota, it’s usually served with ranch dressing! Choose whatever you like best.
Here are a few options:
- Ranch Dressing – This dressing takes just 5 minutes and is good on basically everything. It’s pictured in the photos in this post.
- Sugar-Free “Honey” Mustard Dressing – This recipe is from my Easy Keto Cookbook, and my favorite cobb salad dressing ever.
- Blue Cheese Dressing – Make this in just 5 minutes with 5 ingredients. So much better than store-bought dressing.
- Thousand Island Dressing – Just 6 ingredients to make this dressing. Try it on salads and burgers.
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing – If you’re interested in a more traditional dressing, this is a great one. Delicious on so many salads.
Keto Cobb Salad Recipe FAQs
Where did cobb salad come from?
Cobb salad is thought to have originated in a Hollywood restaurant called the Brown Derby, where it went on to become a signature dish. Naturally, stories vary on who actually came up with the recipe – the owner (Robert Howard Cobb) or his chef.
Is cobb salad keto?
Yes, this healthy cobb salad is keto! Each serving has just 3.6 grams net carbs.
If you’re ordering a cobb salad at a restaurant, you’ll want to watch for sneaky carbs in the form of some dressings and croutons!
Easy cobb salad extras
- Crunch – If you like a little crunch, add a handful of walnuts or sunflower seeds.
- Time savers – Use store-bought bacon bits and rotisserie chicken.
Healthy Cobb Salad Storage Instructions
Can you make homemade cobb salad ahead?
Yes, you can definitely make this cobb salad recipe ahead of time, but it should be assembled and dressed right before serving, so the lettuce doesn’t get soggy and avocado doesn’t brown.
All of the ingredients can be cooked and/or prepped ahead of time so when it comes time to eat, you can throw this salad together in minutes. In particular, I recommend making the following ahead:
- Hard boiled eggs – You can use my perfect boiled eggs method or even bake eggs in the oven.
- Cook bacon – I highly recommend baking bacon in the oven, which lets you make a big match quickly and very consistently.
- Cook chicken – You can slice baked chicken breasts, make shredded chicken, or even cut the meat from chicken drumsticks.
- Make cobb salad dressing – See dressing ideas above!
How to store chicken cobb salad
Store the undressed salad components separately in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
More Keto Salad Recipes
If you like this healthy cobb salad, you might like some of these other low carb keto salad recipes:
- Chef Salad – This salad comes together in just 15 minutes and is a full meal that’s naturally keto.
- Cajun Shrimp Caesar Salad – Spicy shrimp, creamy Caesar dressing – it’s a match made in heaven!
- Thai Beef Salad – Packed with Asian flavors, this salad is perfect for summer nights.
- Classic Wedge Salad – If you’re a fan of classics, then the wedge salad should be on the top of your list!
Tools To Make Keto Cobb Salad
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Salad Chopper – The best best cobb salad recipes are made with a base of chopped greens, this helpful tool gets the job done quickly, just like when you get salads from restaurants.
- Egg Slicer – Easily cut hard boiled eggs – dices, slices, or cuts into wedges.
- Avocado Saver – If you don’t use up all your avocado at once, this will keep the rest from browning. The only method that really works!
Healthy Cobb Salad Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Healthy Keto Cobb Salad Recipe
All you need to know how to make cobb salad in 10 minutes: cobb salad ingredients, instructions, tips, and 5 cobb salad dressing options. You'd never guess this is a healthy keto cobb salad recipe.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except dressing, salt and pepper.
Add dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 2 cups, or 1/8 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂