Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
- Why You’ll Love This Sugar-Free Honey Mustard Recipe
- Is Honey Mustard Keto?
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- How To Make Keto Honey Mustard
- Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Sugar-Free Honey Mustard
- More Keto Dipping Sauce Recipes
- Tools To Make Keto Honey Mustard
- Sugar-Free Keto Honey Mustard (Sauce & Dressing!)
Finally, you can make your own sugar-free honey mustard! I actually had a recipe for one version (using a powdered sweetener) in my first book, The Easy Keto Cookbook, but if I’m being honest, this 2-minute keto honey mustard I created just recently tastes so much better.
Plus, it needs just 5 simple ingredients, and tastes delicious on sandwiches, keto meats, fries, and more. Just like keto teriyaki sauce, this keto honey-sweetened recipe comes together fast for flavorful meals.
Why You’ll Love This Sugar-Free Honey Mustard Recipe
- Sweet and savory honey flavor
- Smooth, creamy texture
- Just 5 ingredients
- 2 minutes to make
- Naturally low in carbohydrates (virtually 0g net carbs!)
- Delicious for dipping and recipes
Is Honey Mustard Keto?
No, regular honey mustard is not keto friendly, because honey is loaded with sugar. While it can fit into some people’s macros for those following a dirty keto approach, most of the carbs in honey mustard come from sugar, so it can lead to an insulin spike. Fortunately, it’s easy to make your own keto honey mustard at home!
To make honey mustard without any sugar from honey, you must have sugar-free honey… and Wholesome Yum Keto Honey is the only one I’ll use for this recipe! It has all the sweet flavor and thick, gooey, sticky texture of real honey, with 0g net carbs. There really is no substitute!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for low carb honey mustard, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Mayonnaise – Makes the dressing creamy. I make my own avocado oil mayonnaise for this, but any keto friendly mayo works.
- Wholesome Yum Keto Honey – The best-ever sugar free honey substitute that measures, looks, and tastes like real honey. Other low carb sweetener options (such as Besti, Swerve, monk fruit, stevia, etc.) will not taste the same.
- Dijon Mustard – Yellow mustard may also work, but the flavor might be stronger.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – The acidity balances out the sweetness.You can also use lemon juice.
- Cayenne Pepper – This recipe uses a very small amount, but you can leave it out if you prefer. You could also add other spices, like garlic powder or onion powder.
How To Make Keto Honey Mustard
To make keto friendly honey mustard, stir or whisk together all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, until well combined. Taste and add more keto honey or cayenne, if desired.
- Store: Keep the sauce covered in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: Avoid freezing, as the texture will change too much.
What To Serve With Sugar-Free Honey Mustard
Once you make honey mustard keto, you’ll want to use it with all your favorite dishes.
- Chicken – Serve this keto honey mustard recipe as a dip with keto chicken nuggets, crispy keto chicken tenders (pictured above), or bacon wrapped chicken tenders.
- Fries – Dunk jicama fries, rutabaga fries, or zucchini fries in this low carb honey mustard sauce.
- Salad – Use this sugar-free honey mustard as a salad dressing for chef salad or keto cobb salad.
- Sandwiches – Keto honey mustard dressing tastes delicious in a keto BLT, keto bell pepper sandwich, or cucumber subs. Great with juicy burgers, too!
- Easy Proteins – Brush low carb honey mustard dressing onto grilled salmon or air fryer pork chops, or dip with keto pigs in a blanket.
More Keto Dipping Sauce Recipes
Sauces make keto meals more fun! Try these easy ones next.
Sugar-Free Keto Honey Mustard (Sauce & Dressing!)
Learn the secret to sugar-free keto honey mustard that's sweet, creamy, loaded with honey flavor, just 0.1g net carbs, and uses only 5 natural ingredients.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together all ingredients, until smooth.
If needed, add more Keto Honey for more sweetness, or more cayenne for more heat, to taste.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 2 tbsp
Makes about 1 cup.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂