Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
This keto bell pepper sandwich recipe is my take on this fun TikTok trend. And there’s lots to love about it: it’s incredibly easy to make (ready in just 5 minutes), it’s absolutely delicious, AND it’s totally healthy.
Now, of course, you can make a keto turkey sandwich with my Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix, or keto white bread, or almond flour bread, or even 90-second bread… but this is a colorful, veggie-filled twist on a turkey sandwich that I know will satisfy any sandwich craving.
Why You’ll Love This Bell Pepper Sandwich
- Classic turkey sandwich flavors
- Crunchy and creamy
- Takes just 5 minutes to make
- As simple as making a conventional sandwich
- Made with 100% whole foods
- Healthy and low carb
What Is A Bell Pepper Sandwich?
If you’ve heard about the TikTok bell pepper sandwich, this is it! It’s a keto and low carb sandwich that swaps bread slices with a halved bell pepper, then stuffs all of the sandwich fillings inside.
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for keto bell pepper sandwiches, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Bell peppers – This will be our bread replacement in the sandwiches. I used red bell peppers, but you can use any color you like. All bell peppers are keto!
- Mayonnaise – Use homemade mayonnaise or store-bought. I recommend avocado oil mayo for a clean ingredient option.
- Whole grain Dijon mustard – You can also swap this for your favorite mustard.
- Leaf lettuce – Use a green leaf lettuce or romaine.
- Deli turkey slices – Look for a deli turkey without added sugar.
- Cooked bacon – Microwaving your bacon or air fryer bacon are the quickest way to do it for a quick sandwich, or you can meal prep a larger batch of bacon in the oven to use for other bacon recipes as well.
- Cheese – I used provolone, but pick your favorite! Here’s a full cheese list with carb counts.
- Avocado – Look for a ripe avocado that’s is firm and not too soft, but not rock hard.
How To Make A Bell Pepper Sandwich
This section shows how to make a sandwich with bell peppers with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep bell peppers. Use a knife to remove stem, cut bell pepper in half, and then cut away ribs and seeds.
- Assemble. Spread mayonnaise and mustard over the bell pepper halves. On two of the halves, layer ingredients in this order: one leaf lettuce, half of turkey, 2 slices cheese, 2 slices bacon, and half of the avocado.
- Top & enjoy! Top each pepper sandwich with the second bell pepper half and it’s ready to eat.
Looking for more bell pepper sandwich ideas? Try one of these:
- Green pepper – Try a green bell pepper (or a yellow or orange one!) instead of a red one for a different flavor.
- Ham and cheese – Swap out the turkey and provolone for deli ham and cheddar cheese.
- Vegetarian – Instead of deli meat, use keto hummus, a slice of cheese, sliced cucumbers and alfalfa sprouts.
- Store: You can keep the bell pepper sandwich in the refrigerator for a few hours. If storing longer, remove the avocado so it doesn’t brown.
- Meal prep: Cut and prep bell peppers. Assemble right before serving.
More Keto Sandwich Recipes
Bell Pepper Sandwich
Bell Pepper Sandwich (5 Minutes!)
This fast bell pepper sandwich comes together in just 5 minutes and will satisfy your sandwich craving. It's a healthy, easy, and low carb!
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Using a knife, remove bell pepper stem, then cut bell pepper in half. Cut away the ribs and seeds.
Spread the mayonnaise and whole grain mustard evenly over bell pepper halves.
Layer the remaining ingredients on 2 of the bell pepper halves in this order: one leaf of lettuce, half the turkey slices, 2 slices of provolone, 2 slices of cooked bacon, and half of the avocado slices.
Top the sandwiches with the other half of the red bell pepper.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1 bell pepper sandwich
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂