This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You’ll want to put this keto lemon curd on just about anything. It’s incredibly light and refreshing, full of flavor, and the perfect addition to your favorite keto desserts like ice cream, cheesecake, and even just whipped cream for a super simple and sweet creamy sugar-free lemon curd dessert.
For the smoothest lemon curd, the sweetener makes a huge difference! That’s why this recipe uses Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend. It dissolves effortlessly into the lemon curd, so it’s never gritty — with no added net carbs!
Is Lemon Curd Keto?
Regular lemon curd is not keto (so much sugar), but this easy low carb lemon curd is keto friendly! Each tablespoon serving has just 1/2 gram of net carbs.
Why You’ll Love This Sugar-Free Lemon Curd Recipe
- Light and sweet with tart lemon taste
- Luxuriously smooth texture
- Made with just 4 ingredients
- Only 10 minutes total time
- Just 0.5 grams net carbohydrates per serving
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for keto-friendly lemon curd, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Butter – Use unsalted.
- Lemons – You’ll need about 3-4 whole lemons, as we’re using both fresh lemon juice and zest.
- Egg Yolks – Using the yolks only gives this lemon curd a luxurious texture. Make sure they are at room temperature before you begin. Save the whites and make a keto lemon meringue pie or keto bread!
- Best Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – The best way to have all the sweetness of sugar without the sugar and carbs. Unlike other sweeteners (including erythritol and other brands of monk fruit sweetener), Besti dissolves completely and won’t crystallize, which is why it’s the only one I recommend for this sugar-free lemon curd recipe. It’s also fine to use Besti Powdered — both versions dissolve easily.
- Sea Salt – To balance the sweetness.
How To Make Keto Lemon Curd
This section shows how to make sugar-free lemon curd, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Melt butter. Add butter to a saucepan and melt over low heat, then remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir in lemon juice, egg yolks, Besti, lemon zest, and salt.
- Reduce. Return mixture to medium-low heat and whisk continuously until the sugar-free lemon curd thickens.
- Store: Keep this sugar-free lemon curd in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Freeze: For long-term storage, keep lemon curd in the freezer for up to 1 year.
How To Use Sugar-Free Lemon Curd
There are a number of ways to use sugar-free lemon curd:
- Fold it into keto whipped cream for a light and bright keto dessert.
- Serve over keto vanilla ice cream.
- Spread on your favorite keto toast, almond flour pancakes, or a keto English muffin.
- Dollop onto slices of keto cheesecake.
- Use as a filling for low carb vanilla cake.
- Add a special touch to a berry ricotta dessert.
- Top keto pancakes or almond flour waffles.
- Enjoy right off the spoon!
More Lemon Keto Recipes
If you like this easy keto lemon curd recipe, you might also like some of thee other lemon keto recipes:
Sugar-Free Keto Lemon Curd Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Sugar-Free Keto Lemon Curd
This keto lemon curd needs just 4 ingredients + 5 minutes to make! Sugar-free lemon curd has less than 1 net carb and pairs well with all kinds of desserts and breads.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Remove from heat.
Add lemon juice, egg yolks, Besti, lemon zest, and salt. Stir together.
Return saucepan to low-medium heat on stove and whisk continuously for 3-5 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 tablespoon
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂