This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- How To Make Low Carb Ricotta Dessert
- Keto Berry Dessert Variations
- What Is Ricotta Cheese?
- Is Ricotta Cheese The Same As Cottage Cheese?
- How Do You Store This Keto Ricotta Dessert Recipe?
- Can You Freeze Low Carb Ricotta Cheese Dessert?
- More Low Carb Dessert Recipes
- Tools To Make Keto Ricotta Dessert
- Keto Low Carb Ricotta Dessert Recipe
Did you know that you can turn savory ricotta into a low carb ricotta dessert? You can! Not only is my keto ricotta dessert recipe (keto berry dessert) super easy to make, but it’s also healthy and refined sugar-free! Low carb ricotta cheese dessert recipes are often loaded with sugar, but not this one! It’s the perfect ending to a low carb keto Italian dinner… or anytime you want a fresh and light dessert (which is all of the time, right?)
This refreshing low carb ricotta dessert is bound to become one of your new favorites!
How To Make Low Carb Ricotta Dessert
While there are many different ways to use ricotta cheese in desserts, I’m excited to share with you how to make keto berry dessert. It’s a healthier dessert that requires minimal effort or time. Let’s get started making this quick and easy Italian dessert:
- Combine ricotta cheese, heavy cream, lemon zest, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Spoon some ricotta mixture into the bottoms of some parfait cups. We’ll be layering this with berries.
- Keep alternating ricotta mixture and various berries until you reach the top. This is the fun part!
- Garnish with (sugar-free) whipped cream and more berries. I actually didn’t even sweeten my homemade whipped cream because the dessert is sweet, but you can sweeten it with your favorite sugar-free sweetener if you prefer.
That is all you need to make this low carb ricotta cheese dessert! It looks like it belongs in a fancy restaurant, but you actually made it right in your kitchen. Super easy and smooth!
Keto Berry Dessert Variations
You can easily make some variations of keto berry dessert. Here are some ideas to try:
- Mint – Add a few mint leaves to add a cool and refreshing flavor to the ricotta cheese dessert.
- Cinnamon – After the ricotta dessert is ready, give it a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Nuts – Crush a few almonds, pecans or walnut and add a some on top. Adding nuts gives the keto berry dessert a nice crunch.
- Cocoa – Add in a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder to the ricotta cheese mixture. Perfect if you are craving a little bit of chocolate. It’s a subtle flavor, but you can always add more if you want!
What Is Ricotta Cheese?
Ricotta cheese is a smooth, creamy soft cheese used in many Italian recipes and desserts. It’s made from the whey of cows, goats, or sheep milk in most cases. What you buy in the grocery store is most likely made from cows, though.
Ricotta cheese has a natural sweet flavor (without any actual sugar, of course), which makes it ideal for this keto ricotta dessert recipe.
Is Ricotta Cheese The Same As Cottage Cheese?
While ricotta cheese and cottage cheese are similar, they aren’t the same thing. They do taste similar and even look a lot alike. While ricotta is made from leftover whey, cottage cheese is made from curds.
In many recipes, you can interchange ricotta cheese for cottage cheese, but for this simple Italian dessert, I think ricotta is a better fit. The texture is more smooth.
How Do You Store This Keto Ricotta Dessert Recipe?
Store this low carb ricotta cheese dessert in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Simply cover the top of your berry dessert cups with plastic wrap.
Can You Freeze Low Carb Ricotta Cheese Dessert?
Yes, you can actually freeze this low carb ricotta cheese dessert. Many people don’t realize that ricotta cheese dishes actually freeze very well.
This healthy ricotta recipe will last in the freezer for 3-4 months. To serve, just put it in the fridge the night before or in the morning if you are serving it after dinner. You could even eat it frozen if you are craving ice cream!
More Low Carb Dessert Recipes
If you love this easy ricotta recipe, here are more keto desserts you’ll love:
- Easy Low Carb Keto Custard
- Best Keto Sugar-Free Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- Healthy Sugar-Free Low Carb Blackberry Cobbler
Tools To Make Keto Ricotta Dessert
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Blender – This is the heavy duty blender that will make just about anything smooth, plus it has a smaller jar that’s the perfect size for low carb ricotta dessert! We use this daily.
- Glass Trifle Bowls – These are the perfect dishes to display gorgeous ricotta cheese dessert recipes.
Keto Low Carb Ricotta Dessert Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Low Carb Ricotta Dessert Recipe
Learn how to make low carb ricotta dessert (keto berry dessert) in just 10 minutes. This easy keto ricotta dessert will become one of your new favorite ricotta cheese dessert recipes - no sugar needed!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a blender, combine the ricotta, heavy cream, lemon zest, powdered sweetener, and vanilla. Puree until smooth.
In 4 parfait cups, build alternating layers of ricotta whip and 1/4 cup (32 grams) of each type of berries.
If desired, garnish with whipped cream and extra berries.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1/2 parfait cup
Note: I used large parfait cups, so 1/2 is plenty filling for a dessert serving. You can use smaller ones (or fill larger ones halfway) if you want it to be more convenient to have an entire cup be a serving.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂