This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
My classic keto pancakes are one of the most popular low carb breakfast recipes on Wholesome Yum, but people often ask me if they can just make keto pancakes with almond flour. You can! In fact, I’ve been making this almond flour pancakes recipe for the longest and it’s still one of my favorites.
Why You’ll Love This Almond Flour Pancakes Recipe
- Light, buttery, lightly sweet flavor
- Soft and fluffy texture
- Uses basic pantry staples
- 20 minutes start to finish
- 4g net carbs per serving
- Easy to store and freeze for meal prep
If you ever made almond pancakes that flopped, the ingredients may be to blame… That’s why I only recommend Wholesome Yum Almond Flour and Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend for the lightest, fluffiest almond pancakes. This flour has a fine grind similar to all purpose flour, and the sweetener measures and taste like sugar with 0 grams net carbs. These are the same ingredients I used to test this recipe and many other family-friendly dishes in The Easy Keto Cookbook — I know you’ll love them too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for almond pancakes, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour – With a super-fine grind and neutral flavor, this flour makes the perfect substitute for white flour. Avoid using almond meal, which includes the skins of the almonds, as this will make the pancakes too gritty. See more flour substitutes below this list!
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – The best natural sugar-free sweetener that makes these pancakes taste like conventional ones! It measures like sugar and has 0g net carbs per serving. Other keto sweeteners will work, but this one creates the best flavor and texture.
- Baking Powder – Makes the pancakes fluffier. Don’t use baking soda, which is not the same thing.
- Sea Salt – Balances the sweetness.
- Egg – Use a whole, large egg. A flax egg should also work, but the pancakes will be more fragile.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – You can use other keto milk (dairy-free or not), such as coconut milk beverage or watered down heavy cream, or even conventional milk if you don’t mind the extra carbs. I like using homemade almond milk for mine when I have time.
- Avocado Oil – Ensures that the pancakes are not too dry, and has a neutral taste. You can use coconut oil, melted butter, or another type of oil if you want to. (If you use butter or coconut oil, be sure your other ingredients are at room temperature, not cold.) Just make sure it’s neutral tasting to avoid any weird flavors in your almond flour pancakes! You’ll also need more oil for frying (preferred over butter, which can burn easily).
- Vanilla Extract – Optional, but high quality vanilla adds so much flavor.
This is my classic almond flour pancake recipe, but I always have someone asking for substitutions in pancake recipes, particularly for the flour. Some people are allergic to coconuts, some to almonds, and some just have one or the other type of flour on hand. If you want to use something else, it’s best to use one of my other recipes instead. Here is a comparison of my most popular versions:
- Keto Pancakes With Almond Flour (the recipe below) – The simplest choice using only almond flour.
- Classic Keto Pancakes – These are made with almond flour and coconut flour, and they are the fluffiest option of all. They are my favorite!
- Keto Crepes – Also made with almond flour, but with a secret ingredient to make them thin and flexible.
- Coconut Flour Pancakes – The best nut-free option. Just as fluffy as almond flour pancakes!
- Flax Seed Pancakes – Another nut-free choice.
- Cream Cheese Pancakes – These require no flour at all, so choose these if you don’t want to buy any specialty flours.
How To Make Pancakes With Almond Flour
This section shows how to make keto pancakes with almond flour, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Make almond flour pancake batter. Add all dry and wet ingredients together in a bowl, then whisk. (Alternatively, you can blend the ingredients in a blender instead.)
- Cook. Heat a pan with a little oil over medium-low to medium heat. Spoon or pour circles of batter onto the pan. (About 1/8-cup each for 3-inch pancakes.) Cover and cook.
- Flip. When bubbles form on the edges, flip and cook another 1-2 minutes or until browned. Remove and repeat with remaining batter.
Tips For The Best Almond Flour Pancakes
Now that you know how to make almond flour pancakes keto, use these tips for success.
- Use the right almond flour. Wholesome Yum brand has the finest consistency, so your almond pancakes will have the best texture.
- Check the batter consistency. It should be like a typical pancake batter (see the pictures above or video on the recipe card for reference). If it’s too thick, add more milk as needed.
- Don’t use too much oil when frying. If you want an evenly browned surface as shown in my pictures, it’s best to oil the pan, then wipe with a paper towel, so only a thin layer remains.
- Cover when cooking the first side. This is different from white flour pancake recipes. To make the almond flour pancakes easier to flip, cover with a lid after adding the batter to the pan, then flip and cook uncovered on the other side.
How To Make Almond Flour Pancake Mix
To make an almond flour pancake mix based on this recipe, simply change the servings on the recipe card below to 16. Combine all the dry ingredients and store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 1 year (or until your almond flour expiration date).
When you are ready to make your keto almond flour pancakes using the mix, this is the ratio for 2 servings:
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon dry almond flour pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
You can multiply that out by as many servings as you want! Two servings is the minimum, because for one you’d need 1/2 an egg, which is hard to measure.
- Store: Keep low carb pancakes with almond flour sealed in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Reheat: Heat in the microwave until warm or in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Freeze: Place leftover pancakes in a freezer safe bag or container, removing as much air as possible and placing parchment in between if desired. Thaw overnight or reheat from frozen before serving.
Add-Ins & Toppings For Almond Flour Pancakes
The best part about almond flour keto pancake recipes? There are so many ways to serve them! Try these ideas.
- Butter And Syrup – Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup pairs perfectly with these, or you can make homemade sugar-free maple syrup.
- Fresh Fruit – Fold blueberries or finely chopped strawberries into the batter before cooking. (Or if you miss bananas on keto, try these keto banana pancakes instead!)
- Jam – Spread keto strawberry jam or keto blackberry jelly on top of pancakes.
- Chocolate – Fold sugar-free chocolate chips into the batter, or top with sugar-free chocolate syrup.
Get Keto Maple Syrup For Your Almond Flour Pancakes!
Meet Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup: this natural sugar-free syrup tastes, bakes and pours just like maple syrup does - with NO aftertaste and only 2g net carbs!GET IT HERE
More Sweet Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
No need to skip sweet breakfasts on keto! If you like keto pancakes with almond flour, you’ll love these dishes too:
- Whisk – This one is perfect for working out the lumps and bumps in pancake batter, muffins, or gravies.
- Mixing Bowls – These are my favorite. They are perfect for both mixing and serving.
- Large Nonstick Skillet – A good size for cooking several pancakes at once.
Easy Almond Flour Pancakes Recipe
This reader favorite recipe is included in The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook! Order your copy to get 100 easy keto recipes in a beautiful print hardcover book, including 80 exclusive recipes not found anywhere else (not even this blog!), my complete fathead dough guide, the primer for starting keto, and much more.
ORDER THE EASY KETO COOKBOOK HERE
Almond Flour Pancakes (Easy & Fluffy!)
This fluffy almond flour pancakes recipe is so easy — just 6 ingredients! It's keto friendly, gluten-free, fast to make, and simply delicious.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
Preheat an oiled pan on the stove at medium-low heat. Pour circles of batter onto the pan, 1/8 cup (30 mL) at a time for 3 in (8 cm) pancakes. Cover and cook about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the edges. Flip and cook another minute or two, until browned on the other side.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 3 3-inch pancakes
Recipe from The Easy Keto Cookbook.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
So happy to finally have this great recipe! Thank you!
1. EASY recipe which I appreciate. I’m no Martha Stewart so easy is breezy.
2. My 12yo who feels is being punished when I serve him my “keto food” asked for seconds. I mean, what more can I say?
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but these pancakes had the consistency of cornbread. While I do love cornbread, I don’t want my pancakes to taste like it. What else can I do to make them light and fluffy? Would adding coconut flour help and still keep them Keto?
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Judy, Maybe you want to try my pancake recipe combining almond and coconut flour.
Very easy to make. I made half batch. Pancakes were delicious!! Thanks.
Is it ok to keep the pancakes warm while making other things to go with the pancakes ( such as scrambled eggs)? If so, at what temperature,and do they need to be covered with something so they do not dry out?
Havent had these for a long time; looking forward to having them for bkfst today. Thank you for posting such a good recipe.
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Sandra, I would cover the pancakes with aluminum foil until your other items are ready to eat.
Almond pancakes. They are the best! I couldn’t stop eating them. The best ever. I warned you. Beautiful nutty flavour. Light and fluffy. Too easy to make. Thank you very much for a fantastic recipe. 🌺🙏🇭🇲
I love this recipe as every other recipe of yours! I used MCT oil instead of avocado oil and added 1 tsp of cinnamon powder as well. I also added one scoop of protein powder that was already sweetened and added the rest of the 1 cup measurement with almond flour. Very delicious and fluffy! Thank you! 😊
Love these pancakes! Such an easy, healthy weekday breakfast. Thanks for the recipe!
I did a time of keto and these were delish! They were fluffier than I expected and just what I needed.
So easy and delicious! Even the kids enjoyed them.
I love this almond flour pancakes. The almond flour gives a nice taste to it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
These are my go-to pancakes! So love these and they’re so easy, too!
So good! Can you freeze them?
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Mary, Yes, you can freeze them. You can find all of the storage instructions in the post.
I made these keto almond flour pancakes for our Sunday breakfasts, turned out so amazing! Looking forward to making it again.
I made these keto pancakes for one of my personal chef clients. They loved them! I loved that they were so easy to make with simple ingredients.
These made the best pancakes for breakfast and I love how they were keto and made with almond flour. Such a great recipe, thank you!
I made these keto almond flour pancakes with this recipe. Could not believe that it was made with just 6 ingredients and turned too good. Super easy recipe.
Made with all the healthy ingredients. These pancakes were super delicious. Best breakfast treat for sure.
These were very good, chose to use coconut milk, lending a slightly sweet note that we loved so much we rolled them up and ate them without syrup!
I bought a bag of almond flour, and had no idea what to do with it! This is the perfect recipe to try, thank you so much! Definitely going to enjoy it this Sunday 🙂
Very easy recipe and delicious 😋
These pancakes were great when I made them for my gluten-free daughter. She was so surprised and excited to be getting pancakes. Definitely a favorite in this household.
I love this recipe, so simple and easy and the pancakes are fluffy and delicious!
Read more comments:
« 1 … 4 5 6