This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This simple baked parmesan crusted salmon recipe is a delicious way to enjoy this popular flaky fish, and an upgrade from simple baked salmon. Not only is this garlic parmesan salmon made with simple ingredients, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. Serve it with a simple veggie side (roasted asparagus is a perfect one!) and dinner is ready in just 20 minutes.
This easy garlic parmesan crusted salmon is a great example of quick and simple salmon dinners that we eat regularly around here! If you love salmon, be sure to try out my basil pesto salmon, salmon patties, creamy Tuscan salmon, or smoked salmon cucumber bites for other delicious and healthy salmon recipes.
Why You’ll Love This Parmesan Crusted Salmon Recipe
- Fresh herb and savory parmesan crust
- Perfectly cooked salmon that’s nice and tender
- Simple ingredients
- Just 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook
- Delicious way to enjoy healthy salmon
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for garlic parmesan crusted salmon, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Salmon – Look for a whole salmon fillet that’s about 2 lbs (learn more about choosing the best salmon in my pan seared salmon post!). If you can’t find it, you can also use individual salmon fillets, but the cooking time will be lower.
- Olive oil – Alternatively, avocado oil also works.
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese – The refrigerated kind in the dairy section is higher quality than the canned kind in the center aisles. Don’t get shredded or shaved parmesan, as it won’t create the same crust.
- Fresh herbs – Dill and parsley are the best herbs for salmon. Look for deep green leaves without any yellowing or browning.
- Garlic powder – I use garlic powder, but you could also saute some fresh minced garlic and use that instead.
- Butter – Use unsalted.
How To Make Parmesan Crusted Salmon
This section shows how to make salmon crusted with parmesan with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Season. Place salmon onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix crust. In a small bowl, mix together parmesan cheese, parsley, dill, and garlic powder. Then, stir in melted butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Top. Crumble parmesan herb mixture over the salmon, patting it lightly onto the fish to help it stick.
- Bake. Bake parm crusted salmon until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
TIP: If you want perfectly done salmon, check internal temperature using a meat thermometer. The ideal temp is 125 degrees F for medium rare, 130 degrees F for medium, or 140 degrees F for well done. It’s not absolutely required, but I like to let the salmon rest for a few minutes after removing from the oven.
- To store: Store leftover parmesan crusted salmon in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- To meal prep: If you want to prep this ahead, you can mix up the parmesan herb mixture and then when you’re ready to cook the salmon, you just need to top it and bake.
- To reheat: Reheat the salmon in a 350 degree F oven for best results. Microwaving is not recommended.
- To freeze: You can freeze the salmon for 2-3 months.
What To Serve With Parmesan Crusted Salmon
This baked salmon with parmesan herb crust just needs a simple veggie side dish, such as…
More Easy Salmon Recipes
If you like this parmesan crusted salmon recipe, you might also like some of these other easy salmon recipes:
Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon Recipe
Parmesan Crusted Salmon (20 Minutes!)
This EASY baked garlic parmesan crusted salmon recipe is ready in just 20 minutes! You'll love this perfectly flaky salmon fillet with garlicky parmesan crust on top.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place the salmon onto the lined baking sheet. Drizzle the salmon all over with olive oil and squeeze lemon juice over it. Season both sides with sea salt and black pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the parmesan cheese, parsley, dill, and garlic powder. Add the melted butter and stir until crumbly. Crumble the mixture evenly over the salmon and pat lightly.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 4 oz
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂