This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This BLT salad recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a satisfying, quick meal — much like my other faves, including taco salad, chef salad, and Big Mac salad — or as a side dish. Lately, it’s become one of my go-to healthy lunches when I don’t feel like cooking, since it has just a handful of basic ingredients and is ready in minutes.
You can feel good about eating this BLT salad, too! You get to keep all the fresh and savory flavor of classic BLT sandwiches, without the extra bread. It’s a similar idea to BLT stuffed avocado, but in salad form.
Why You’ll Love This BLT Salad Recipe
- Savory bacon flavor
- Fresh, crunchy textures
- Just 5 simple ingredients
- Done in 10 minutes (if your bacon is cooked ahead of time)
- Naturally low carb and gluten free
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for BLT chopped salad, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Romaine Lettuce – Romaine is a classic choice for anything BLT, but butter lettuce or iceberg would also make delicious options. Chop it up for the salad.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Use ripe and plump ones for the best appearance. You can also use grape tomatoes, or any tomato you prefer. Slice smaller tomatoes in half, or cut into large tomatoes into smaller wedges.
- Cooked Bacon – You can cook it in a skillet on the stove, but I prefer bacon in the oven, air fryer bacon, or even microwave bacon slices to cut down on splatters! Be sure to drain on paper towels so it’s not greasy, then chop or crumble for the BLT salad. If you want a shortcut, you can use store-bought bacon bits, but freshly cooked center cut bacon tastes better.
- Avocado – The most basic ingredients are bacon, lettuce, and tomato, but I think adding ripe avocado makes the salad even better. You can add it diced or thinly sliced.
- Ranch Dressing – I usually use my homemade ranch dressing, which is made with simple ingredients: Mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, dried herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper, and milk of your choice. It only takes a few minutes to whip up, but to save time, feel free to use any store-bought variety you like. See more BLT salad dressing ideas below!
How To Make BLT Salad
This section shows how to make a BLT salad, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prepare the dressing. Make the ranch dressing here. Whisk together and set aside.
- Plate the salad ingredients. Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl or platter, add lettuce. Top with tomatoes, avocado, and bacon.
- Toss to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the BLT salad and toss to coat, or serve dressing on the side.
BLT Salad Variations
- Switch the dressing – Ranch is a classic BLT salad dressing, but this dish would also work with blue cheese dressing or even green goddess dressing.
- Add cheese – Try shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, or Swiss.
- Use more toppings – Add hard boiled eggs or croutons.
- Store: Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 1 day. BLT salad will last longer if stored without dressing or avocado.
- Meal prep: Prepare the bacon, dressing, and all chopped veggies except avocado, storing each component separately. Assemble, add avocado, and dress right before serving.
More Easy Bacon Recipes
I have so many bacon recipes — it’s one of my favorite foods to cook! Bacon might not be thought of as a health food, but you can make healthy dishes with it if you load them up with veggies. If you like this recipe for BLT salad, you’ll love these as well:
BLT Salad Recipe
BLT Salad (10 Minutes!)
This BLT salad recipe transforms a classic sandwich into a satisfying, healthy dish! Make it in just 10 minutes, with only 5 ingredients.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
If using homemade dressing, prepare the ranch dressing like this.
Place chopped lettuce into a large bowl, or divide among serving bowls.
Top with the halved cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, and crumbled bacon.
Add dressing and toss well to coat, or serve the dressing on the side of the individual bowls.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂