This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- Buffalo Wings Ingredients
- How To Make Buffalo Wings In The Oven
- Tips For The Best Chicken Wings
- FAQs About Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Hot Wings Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Baked Buffalo Wings
- More Keto Chicken Wing Recipes
- Tools To Make Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Keto Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Wondering about buffalo wings on keto? I’ve got your answer (hint: it’s a yes!) – and an easy keto buffalo wings recipe to go along with it.
But you definitely don’t need to be keto to enjoy these naturally low carb chicken wings. Everyone will enjoy these! We’re using two of my crispy chicken secrets for these baked buffalo wings – no fryer needed.
Serve buffalo chicken wings with a side of celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. (More serving ideas below!)
Buffalo Wings Ingredients
This keto chicken wings recipe comes together with just 4 basic ingredients (plus salt and pepper!):
How To Make Buffalo Wings In The Oven
Now that we’ve covered the ingredients, let’s get to the good part: how to make keto chicken wings with buffalo sauce!
- Arrange. Arrange chicken wings in a single layer on the oven-safe racks fitted over baking sheets.
- Bake. Wings are ready when the skin is crispy and internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
- Sauce. While chicken is cooking, stir together buffalo sauce and melted butter.
- Toss. Toss the wings with sauce.
How long to bake buffalo wings?
This easy buffalo wings recipe takes about 40-45 minutes at 400 degrees F.
But to be sure, use an instant read meat thermometer to check that internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
Tips For The Best Chicken Wings
Want perfect crispy wings every time? Just follow these 2 key tips:
- Baking powder is the key to crispy chicken skin. Tossing the wings with baking powder before placing them in the oven.
- Bake on oven-safe racks. This allows air flow all around the chicken.
TIP: This technique works best no matter what kind of sauce you like on your wings – plain, buffalo, BBQ, lemon pepper, etc. Baking wings using this method first will make the crispiest wings before adding your sauce of choice.
FAQs About Buffalo Chicken Wings
Are buffalo wings keto?
If the chicken wings are coated only in buffalo sauce (and no breading), they will be keto.
If they have a breading on them, they will have too many carbs to be considered keto.
So if you’re ordering them somewhere, getting unbreaded wings with buffalo sauce is a safe bet for keto friendly wings. Many other sauces often have sugar added.
Is buffalo sauce keto friendly?
Yes, buffalo sauce is keto friendly. It has 0g protein, fat, carbs, and sugar per serving.
How many carbs in buffalo wings?
Do buffalo wings have carbs? Not really. As long as they are not breaded, carbs in buffalo chicken wings would be very low. This recipe has just 0.5g net carb per serving.
Are buffalo wings healthy?
This depends on your outlook, but here at Wholesome Yum, we consider buffalo wings to be a healthy food. They are made with whole food ingredients and low in carbs.
Buffalo Hot Wings Storage Instructions
Can you make them ahead?
Crispy baked buffalo wings are best served fresh out of the oven, so I don’t recommend making them ahead. They take just a few minutes to prep, so make them right before you eat them.
If you do have leftovers, store them in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Can you freeze baked buffalo wings?
Yes, you can freeze baked wings. Freeze them on a baking sheet in a single layer until frozen solid, then transfer to a bag.
How to reheat buffalo wings:
For best results, reheat the wings in a 375 degrees F oven until heated through.
What To Serve With Baked Buffalo Wings
Now that you know how to make ’em, you might be wondering what goes with buffalo wings? Here are some ideas:
- Raw Veggies – Celery sticks, cucumber slices, mini bell peppers, and radishes are perfect keto veggies to serve with wings.
- Dipping Sauces – Blue cheese dressing is a classic choice, but ranch dressing is also a great option.
- Fries – Potatoes for the crowd, and rutabaga fries or zucchini fries if you’re low carb.
- Appetizers – Try fried pickles, bacon wrapped brussels sprouts, or mozzarella sticks.
- Salads – Low carb salads are a great way to make these keto wings into a healthy meal. Caesar salad is one of my favorites.
More Keto Chicken Wing Recipes
If you like this homemade buffalo wings recipe, you might also like some of these other wing recipes:
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings – Step-by-step guide to the best air fryer wings – you can even make these with frozen wings!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Wings – Let the slow cooker do all the work, and enjoy the garlic parmesan sauce.
- Lemon Pepper Wings – The best trick to crispy lemon pepper wings! Just 5 minutes to prep.
- Keto Cauliflower Buffalo Wings – A vegetable twist with classic buffalo flavors. Made with 6 ingredients.
Tools To Make Buffalo Chicken Wings
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Oven Safe Racks – The trick to the best keto buffalo wings! Using these racks will ensure that your wings end up evenly crispy.
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer – The best way to tell when the baked buffalo wings recipe is done and your chicken is cooked perfectly.
How To Make Buffalo Wings At Home
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
This simple keto chicken wings recipe uses 2 tricks that make these baked buffalo wings crispy and perfectly saucy.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place chicken wings into a large bowl. Sprinkle with baking powder, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
Arrange wings on the racks in a single layer. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (74 degrees C) and skin is crispy.
Toward the end of baking, stir together buffalo sauce and melted butter in a large bowl. When wings are done, add them to the bowl and toss with sauce.
Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 3-4 chicken wings, or 1/6 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂