Free: Healthy Freezer Meals Recipe EbookGet It Now
This oven baked lemon pepper chicken wings recipe is so simple to make! They need just 5 minutes to prep and 3 simple ingredients (including my fave lemon pepper seasoning). Once you see how to make lemon pepper wings with my special (but easy!) baking method, you’ll make them this way every time. They turn out perfectly golden brown and crispy, without much effort at all.
I have been known to serve wings as a dinner main… but you can also put them out as a spread for gatherings, football games, and any time you need a hearty snack.
It’s no secret that chicken recipes are some of the favorites here at WY, and I’m so glad you all love them as much as I do. In addition to wings, I would also recommend trying my crispy drumsticks, crispy chicken thighs, and perfectly juicy baked chicken breast recipes the next time you’re trying to figure out what to make for dinner!
And if lemon pepper isn’t your flavor of choice, you might want to try plain air fryer chicken wings instead – or the other chicken wing recipes at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Lemon Pepper Wings In The Oven
Ready to learn how to make lemon pepper wings? I thought so!
- Prep. Place oven safe racks over rimmed baking sheets.
TIP: This two-piece setup ensures that the wings get crispy all over. It’s my not-so-secret secret to getting them crispy easily!
- Season. Place wings in a large bowl, and toss with olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning. Rub the seasoning into the chicken wings.
TIP: For extra crispy wings, add 2 teaspoons of baking powder (NOT baking soda!).
- Arrange. Arrange wings in a single layer on the racks.
- Bake. They are ready when they reach 165 degrees F and the skin is crispy. (A meat thermometer helps!)
Tips For Super Crispy Wings
You’re going to love how crispy these lemon wings get! These key components make it happen.
- Use a baking sheet fitted with a rack. This creates air flow for a crispy result.
- Give them room to breathe. For best results, make sure the pieces aren’t touching on the pan.
- Sprinkle with baking powder. This is optional, but is a miracle for making them crisp up even more!
- Use high temperature. A higher roasting temp makes a big difference – I do 400 degrees so that they get crisp, but the seasoning won’t burn.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings FAQs
What do lemon pepper wings taste like?
As the name implies, they have a bright, lemony and peppery flavor. And with this recipe, they have a wonderfully crispy skin!
Should I use flats or drumettes?
You can use both! Most bagged chicken wings will contain both.
Are lemon pepper wings spicy?
No, lemon pepper wings are not super spicy, but they do have a little kick from the black pepper. The lemon flavor is stronger, though.
Are lemon pepper wings low carb?
They can be. Sometimes they are made with white flour breading, or the seasoning can have starchy fillers, but that’s totally unnecessary – the crispy skin is delicious as is! This recipe is low carb since there is no breading and the seasoning contains only natural ingredients.
Can you make them ahead?
Wings are best made fresh, and since they take just 5 minutes to prep, I recommend making them fresh so that they come out of the oven hot and crispy.
How to store chicken wings with lemon pepper:
If you have leftover wings, store them in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Can you freeze them?
Yes, you can freeze the wings. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet until frozen solid, then transfer to a freezer bag. They can stay frozen for 3-6 months.
For best results, reheat the wings in a 400 degree F oven, until heated through.
What Goes With Baked Lemon Pepper Wings?
This baked lemon pepper wings recipe can be served as a main course with sides, or as part of an appetizer platter:
- Appetizers – Serve up a feast of appetizers like jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped scallops, or zucchini pizza bites.
- Salads – Salad recipes like Israeli salad, wedge salad, creamy cucumber salad, or Greek salads all pair well with baked lemon pepper wings.
- Vegetable Sides – Vegetable recipes like baked zucchini slices, Southern fried cabbage, or baked eggplant pair well here.
More Healthy Chicken Wing Recipes
If you like this easy lemon pepper chicken wings recipe, you might also like some of my other wing recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – This is the secret to the crispiest wings. It has everything you need to know about making wings in the air fryer.
- Crock Pot Wings – Just 4 ingredients, minimal prep, and maximum flavor.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings – Vegetables that taste like wings? Yes please! Just 6 ingredients to make.
Tools To Make Lemon Pepper Wings
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Nonstick Baking Pan with Rack – The rack is what makes the best lemon pepper wings – nice and crispy!
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer – Do a quick temperature check (you want 165 degrees F!) with this thermometer to make sure your wings turn out perfectly every time.
Baked Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
Baked Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
The BEST trick for how to make lemon pepper wings crispy, with just 5 minutes prep! This EASY baked lemon pepper chicken wings recipe comes out perfect every time.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204degrees C). Place 2 oven safe racks fitted inside 2 rimmed baking sheets.
Place the chicken wings into a large bowl. Add the oil and mix to coat.
Sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken and rub into the skin all over. Toss with baking powder if using (optional).
Arrange the wings on the racks in a single layer without touching. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) and skin is crispy.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 3-4 chicken wings, or 1/6 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂