This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by Zwilling. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
Creamy lemon parmesan chicken tastes so luxurious, yet it’s easy to prep and enjoy all week long! Whether you make it for a weeknight dinner, date night, or meal prep lunch, this lemon garlic parmesan chicken recipe is one you’ll want to bookmark for any occasion. It’s an upgrade to more basic pan seared chicken breast that everyone will love, and just as fast as dishes like lemon chicken piccata.
My favorite way to enjoy creamy lemon parmesan chicken is for meal prep! I only used to make it a day or two ahead of time to keep it fresh for lunches, until I discovered this Fresh & Save system — with the help of vacuum sealing, it keeps any food fresh up to five times longer. That includes meal prep-friendly recipes like this one, prepared ingredients, produce you want to keep fresher for longer, and more.
Fresh & Save helps me cut down on disposable waste, stores compact in my kitchen, and I love that they have glass containers. It’s my favorite way to keep my lemon garlic parmesan chicken tasting fresh all week long!
(Use code WHOLESOMEYUM to get a free vacuum sealing lunch box with your new system — through December 31, 2021!)
Why You’ll Love This Lemon Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- Juicy, tender chicken
- Tangy, creamy sauce
- Basic ingredients
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Uses one pan
- Ideal for meal prep or easy weeknight dinners
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Chicken Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the ingredients for the best lemon parmesan chicken, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For the chicken:
- Chicken breasts – Choose cuts similar in size so they cook more evenly, about 8 ounces. You could also make lemon parmesan chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins instead, but cook times will be different.
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
For the lemon parmesan sauce:
- Minced garlic – Mince your own, or get it jarred to save time.
- Heavy cream – Makes a silky sauce that tastes instantly fancy.
- Chicken broth – Thins out the sauce to the right consistency, plus it adds flavor.
- Italian seasoning – Make your own homemade Italian seasoning or use pre-made. It’s optional, but adds a boost of flavor!
- Grated parmesan cheese – Use store-bought grated cheese to save time (the refrigerated ones produce superior results over the shelf stable kind in a plastic can), or grate it yourself. Other hard cheeses, like romano or asiago, would work as well.
- Lemon juice – Adds bright flavor to the creamy sauce. Juice your own lemons or use a bottled variety.
How To Make Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
This section shows how to make one pan lemon parmesan chicken with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Saute chicken. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper and sear in a hot cast iron pan on both sides, until browned and nearly done. Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- Make sauce base. Add garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant. Add broth, cream, and Italian seasoning and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Thicken. Reduce heat and stir in parmesan cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in lemon juice.
- Finish. Return chicken to the pan and simmer until completely cooked through. Garnish with parsley and lemon.
- Serve or save for later. If using for meal prep, add your finished chicken to a Fresh & Save container. Close the lid and use the wireless pump to vacuum air out of the container. Keep fresh up to 5 times longer!
If you like meal prep or simple sides, you’ll love all the ways you can change up this dish.
- Lemon parmesan chicken pasta – Add chicken to the container with your favorite cooked noodles. I like healthier zoodles or shirataki noodles.
- Lemon parm chicken and asparagus – Seal up your chicken with roasted asparagus (or try broccoli!).
- Lemon parmesan chicken salad – Plate chicken with your favorite green salad and homemade Italian dressing.
- Lemon parmesan chicken wings – Make slow cooker chicken wings, but add some lemon juice or lemon zest to the melted butter.
- To store: Keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
- To meal prep: Partition the chicken into separate storage containers in the fridge. (The Fresh & Save system keeps it fresh for 5 times longer!)
- To reheat: Heat in a microwave or hot skillet, until warm.
- Freezing is not recommended. Cream sauces don’t do well in the freezer.
What To Serve With Lemon Parmesan Chicken
The best part about this lemon parmesan chicken recipe? It pairs with so many sides!
- Roasted veggies – Oven roasted mushrooms, garlic cauliflower, or green beans pair very well with this easy chicken.
- Chopped salads – Serve this chicken with Greek salad, antipasto salad, or avocado caprese salad.
- Crispy veggies – Try pan fried squash, bacon wrapped asparagus, or crispy brussels sprouts next to chicken with parmesan and lemon.
- Starches – Potatoes or pasta make a good pairing. I serve with healthier mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles.
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Recipe
This creamy lemon parmesan chicken recipe is easy, fancy, and done in just 20 minutes — perfect for a quick chicken dinner or meal prep!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large cast iron pan (I like this enameled cast iron one) over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for 4-8 minutes per side, without moving, until browned and almost done (internal temperature should reach 160 degrees F). Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium. Add the minced garlic to the pan. Saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add the chicken broth, cream, and Italian seasoning, if using. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Stir in the grated parmesan cheese, until it melts into a smooth sauce.
Stir in the lemon juice, and adjust amount to taste if desired.
Return the chicken to the pan. Simmer the chicken in sauce for 1-2 minutes, until hot and completely cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F).
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 chicken breast with sauce
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂