This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by Zwilling. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
Creamy lemon parmesan chicken tastes so luxurious, yet it’s easy to prep and enjoy all week long! Whether you make it for a weeknight dinner, date night, or meal prep lunch, this lemon garlic parmesan chicken recipe is one you’ll want to bookmark for any occasion. It’s an upgrade to more basic pan seared chicken breast that everyone will love, and just as fast as dishes like lemon chicken piccata. And, just like my garlic butter chicken and chicken florentine, this is cooked all in one pan for easy cleanup!
My favorite way to enjoy creamy lemon parmesan chicken is for meal prep! I only used to make it a day or two ahead of time to keep it fresh for lunches, until I discovered this Fresh & Save system — with the help of vacuum sealing, it keeps any food fresh up to five times longer. That includes meal prep-friendly recipes like this one, prepared ingredients, produce you want to keep fresher for longer, and more.
Fresh & Save helps me cut down on disposable waste, stores compact in my kitchen, and I love that they have glass containers. It’s my favorite way to keep my lemon garlic parmesan chicken tasting fresh all week long!
Get The Fresh & Save Starter System Here
(Use code WHOLESOMEYUM to get a free vacuum sealing lunch box with your new system — through December 31, 2021!)
Why You’ll Love This Lemon Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- Juicy, tender chicken
- Tangy, creamy sauce
- Basic ingredients
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Uses one pan
- Ideal for meal prep or easy weeknight dinners
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Chicken Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the ingredients for the best lemon parmesan chicken, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For the chicken:
- Chicken breasts – Choose cuts similar in size so they cook more evenly, about 8 ounces. You could also make lemon parmesan chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins instead, but cook times will be different.
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
For the lemon parmesan sauce:
- Minced garlic – Mince your own, or get it jarred to save time.
- Heavy cream – Makes a silky sauce that tastes instantly fancy.
- Chicken broth – Thins out the sauce to the right consistency, plus it adds flavor.
- Italian seasoning – Make your own homemade Italian seasoning or use pre-made. It’s optional, but adds a boost of flavor!
- Grated parmesan cheese – Use store-bought grated cheese to save time (the refrigerated ones produce superior results over the shelf stable kind in a plastic can), or grate it yourself. Other hard cheeses, like romano or asiago, would work as well.
- Lemon juice – Adds bright flavor to the creamy sauce. Juice your own lemons or use a bottled variety.
How To Make Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
This section shows how to make one pan lemon parmesan chicken with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Saute chicken. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper and sear in a hot cast iron pan on both sides, until browned and nearly done. Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- Make sauce base. Add garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant. Add broth, cream, and Italian seasoning and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Thicken. Reduce heat and stir in parmesan cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in lemon juice.
- Finish. Return chicken to the pan and simmer until completely cooked through. Garnish with parsley and lemon.
- Serve or save for later. If using for meal prep, add your finished chicken to a Fresh & Save container. Close the lid and use the wireless pump to vacuum air out of the container. Keep fresh up to 5 times longer!
If you like meal prep or simple sides, you’ll love all the ways you can change up this dish.
- Lemon parmesan chicken pasta – Add chicken to the container with your favorite cooked noodles. I like healthier zoodles or shirataki noodles.
- Lemon parm chicken and asparagus – Seal up your chicken with roasted asparagus (or try broccoli!).
- Lemon parmesan chicken salad – Plate chicken with your favorite green salad and homemade Italian dressing.
- Lemon parmesan chicken wings – Make slow cooker chicken wings, but add some lemon juice or lemon zest to the melted butter.
- To store: Keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
- To meal prep: Partition the chicken into separate storage containers in the fridge. (The Fresh & Save system keeps it fresh for 5 times longer!)
- To reheat: Heat in a microwave or hot skillet, until warm.
- Freezing is not recommended. Cream sauces don’t do well in the freezer.
What To Serve With Lemon Parmesan Chicken
The best part about this lemon parmesan chicken recipe? It pairs with so many sides!
- Roasted veggies – Oven roasted mushrooms, garlic cauliflower, roasted zucchini, or green beans pair very well with this easy chicken.
- Chopped salads – Serve this chicken with Greek salad, antipasto salad, or avocado caprese salad.
- Crispy veggies – Try pan fried squash, bacon wrapped asparagus, zucchini fries, or crispy brussels sprouts next to chicken with parmesan and lemon.
- Starches – Oven roasted potatoes or pasta make a good pairing. I serve with healthier mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles.
Tools To Make Creamy Parmesan Chicken
- Staub Enameled Cast Iron Braiser – This heavy duty pan is big enough to fit all the chicken at once, and it helps meat and sauces cook more evenly.
- Fresh & Save System – Keeps food fresher for five times longer, and stores compact!
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Recipe
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Recipe
This creamy lemon parmesan chicken recipe is easy, fancy, and done in just 20 minutes — perfect for a quick chicken dinner or meal prep!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large cast iron pan (I like this enameled cast iron one) over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for 4-8 minutes per side, without moving, until browned and almost done (internal temperature should reach 160 degrees F). Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium. Add the minced garlic to the pan. Saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add the chicken broth, cream, and Italian seasoning, if using. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Stir in the grated parmesan cheese, until it melts into a smooth sauce.
Stir in the lemon juice, and adjust amount to taste if desired.
Return the chicken to the pan. Simmer the chicken in sauce for 1-2 minutes, until hot and completely cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F).
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 chicken breast with sauce
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
This is so amazing! I have made it several times now. I even learned the recipe so I do not need to look it up every time I make it!
Definitely a keeper! So easy! So delicious!
Really enjoyed this recipe. It is easy to make and very delicious.
Yesss! I got compliments on this from the 3 adults I shared it with. Scooped up plenty of the sauce on top, and sided with roasted broccoli. Winner winner chicken dinner.
I thought in keto you’re supposed to have more fat intake than protein
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Joseph, A keto diet is usually Fat: 60% to 75%, Protein: 20% to 25% and Net Carbs: 5% to 10%. Hope this helps!
This was FANTASTIC and easy! I didn’t have any chicken broth so subbed water and it was still full of flavor. I used extra parmesan (because cheese) and a little lemon zest. Can’t wait to make it again, thank you!!
This recipe sounds wonderful. But I would appreciate help in understanding how a recipe that is so high in protein would be considered keto. It has been my understanding that protein in excess of what one’s body needs is converted to glucose. As much protein as I need to function well, the amount in this recipe is about double what I would consider “normal” for my needs. Thank you for your help.
Wholesome Yum M0
Hi Susan, Have you calculated your macros? You will need more than 25-ish grams of protein to function. I have a macro calculator here. The concern about overeating protein is consuming large amounts on a regular basis, but it will not negatively affect you on a once in a while basis.
Loving all the spices and seasoning you have used in this recipe. I shared this recipe to my friend and she and her family enjoyed it.
This turns out so flavorful and delicious! I am loving everything about this recipe!
We loved this awesome little recipe! I used chicken tenders. Hubs, who claims to have NO appetite, ate more than expected. We had broccoli and cranberry relish for sides. (I freeze cranberries to make relish in July!)
This was delicious and very easy to make with ingredients I already had on hand. Perfect
This chicken recipe with roasted veggies, the ultimate combo! The chicken was flavorful and perfect, and it was really easy to prepare! Thanks!
I love lemon and Parmesan and this chicken was no exception! It’s so moist and flavourful the whole family loved it!
My whole family loves any meal with lemon and this creamy lemon parmesan chicken is no exception. It was so flavourful and they all loved it. Can’t wait to make this again!
This really was the quickest meal ever to make. The creamy lemon sauce in perfection!
I love all the beautiful flavors and textures! Thanks for the fantastic instructions, tips, and tricks. They made making this recipe a cinch! Have a fabulous day!
Nicoletta De Angelis0
Awesome recipe! That lemon flavor, so delicious!
I loved all the flavors in this creamy lemon parmesan chicken. It didn’t take long to make at all and the whole family loved it!
Thank you for sharing this recipe! It is delicious!! The sauce has great flavor!
Cheese and Lemon are my favorite combination and this Chicken recipe sounds super yum and delicious. Perfect for my weekend cooking.
I’m always looking for dinner recipes that ACTUALLY take less than 30 minutes, and this sounds perfect! I love creamy lemon anything, and I cannot wait to try this chicken dish with some crispy veggies. Yum!
What a wonderful, family-friendly meal!! Love the flavor! We will make it again for sure!
Absolutely delicious. I love the simplicity of this recipe and its flavors.