FREE: 5 SECRETS TO FAST HEALTHY DINNERSGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Lemon pepper seasoning might be less common than your every day Italian seasoning or taco seasoning, but it’s definitely worth having in your pantry. And just like most spice mixes, learning how to make lemon pepper seasoning yourself is definitely worth it, too. It tastes better and you don’t have to worry about additives. Lemon peel is the not-so-secret ingredient that makes this the best lemon pepper seasoning around — it’s full of bright, citrus flavor.
Use my homemade lemon pepper seasoning recipe on lemon pepper chicken wings, baked chicken breast, roasted asparagus, and your favorite seafood dishes, like lobster tails. It will taste great on anything that pairs well with lemon!
Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning Ingredients
What’s in lemon pepper seasoning? Just 6 simple ingredients:
How To Make Lemon Pepper Seasoning
This lemon pepper seasoning recipe is beyond easy to make. Simply stir together the homemade lemon pepper seasoning ingredients…
And store in a glass jar.
Lemon Pepper Seasoning Recipe FAQs
Does lemon pepper seasoning have sodium?
Yes, because lemon pepper seasoning is made with salt, it does contain sodium. You can omit the salt if you like, and just add salt separately to your recipe as needed.
Does lemon pepper seasoning have calories?
Yes, but barely. Each serving of the seasoning has 2 calories.
Does lemon pepper seasoning have gluten?
Most store-bought versions are gluten-free, but you will always want to double check the label to be sure.
This homemade lemon pepper seasoning recipe is gluten-free.
Does lemon pepper seasoning have carbs?
Most seasoning blends don’t have many carbs, but will vary from brand to brand.
This recipe has 0.3 grams net carbs per serving. That’s on par with other lemon pepper seasonings you’ll find, but this one tastes more fresh, without weird additives or preservatives.
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, the lemon pepper seasoning for wings, fish, and vegetables can be made ahead. It stores very well.
How to store lemon and pepper seasoning mix:
Like all spice blends, store this one in an airtight container in the pantry for up to a year for maximum flavor.
How To Use Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Where to start with lemon pepper seasoning uses? There are so many options!
- Chicken wings – This homemade lemon pepper seasoning for wings gives them bright and savory flavor. It’s the best way to use it in my opinion. 😉 Try my lemon pepper wings recipe ASAP.
- Seafood – Seafood recipes like lobster tail, halibut, or salmon all taste great with a pop of lemon and pepper.
- Chicken breast – My juicy chicken breast recipe calls for Italian seasoning, but swap that for this lemon pepper seasoning mix recipe to mix things up.
- Roasted Vegetables – Sprinkle it on vegetables like roasted broccoli and cauliflower, sauteed radishes, or roasted brussels sprouts.
More Homemade Seasoning Recipes
If you like this DIY lemon pepper seasoning recipe, you might also like some of my other homemade seasoning recipes:
- Taco Seasoning – No weird fillers in this taco seasoning that will add spice and flavor to your taco nights.
- Italian Seasoning – You’ll find so many uses for this seasoning blend. It’s versatile and bold and perfect on my juicy chicken breast recipe.
- Ranch Seasoning – We like to put this on…EVERYTHING! Tastes so much better than the packets.
- Montreal Steak Seasoning – Just 5 minutes to make with simple ingredients from your pantry.
- Texas Brisket Rub – The best rub for brisket and any smoked or bbq meats.
Tools To Make Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Measuring Spoons – Ditch your old plastic measuring spoons and upgrade to these stainless steel ones. They are indestructible, plus so pleasant to use.
- Spice Jars – Store your homemade seasoning in these spice jars.
- Label Maker – This thing keeps everything in my kitchen (and my home, really) nice and organized. You’ll love it for spices!
The Best Lemon Pepper Seasoning Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
The Best Lemon Pepper Seasoning Recipe
This EASY homemade lemon pepper seasoning recipe can be made in minutes with just 6 simple ingredients. It's great on wings, seafood, and veggies.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Stir all ingredients together.
Store in an airtight jar.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 teaspoon
Video Showing How To Make Lemon Pepper Seasoning:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Lemon Pepper Seasoning!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂