FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 170,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This homemade poultry seasoning recipe will show you how simple it is to make your own chicken seasoning! Five simple poultry seasoning ingredients make up this basic mix that you’ll find yourself using all the time. Add it to your arsenal of homemade spice mixes. No more boring chicken dinner!
Even if you usually buy poultry seasoning, knowing how to make poultry seasoning yourself can’t hurt. You never know when you might run out. 😉
Poultry Seasoning Ingredients
Wondering what goes in poultry seasoning? The homemade poultry seasoning ingredients we’re using in this easy blend are very simple, and probably ingredients you already have:
How To Make Homemade Poultry Seasoning
There really isn’t much instruction for how to make poultry seasoning mix. Just stir the poultry seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl, then store in an airtight container, like a small glass jar.
Why spend more on this specialty blend when you can make it in just a couple of minutes?
Poultry Seasoning Recipe FAQs
Is poultry seasoning gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe for poultry seasoning mix is gluten-free. You’ll have to double check ingredients on store-bought blends.
Is poultry seasoning vegetarian?
Yes, this homemade poultry seasoning recipe is vegetarian and vegan. Spices are the only ingredients!
Does poultry seasoning have salt in it?
If you are buying the seasoning at the store, you’ll want to check the poultry seasoning ingredients closely as some versions may contain salt, preservatives, and other fillers.
This poultry seasoning recipe does not contain any salt, allowing you to salt your food to your liking separately.
Chicken Seasoning Storage Instructions
How to store homemade poultry seasoning blend
Store chicken seasoning in an airtight container in the pantry.
How long does diy poultry seasoning last?
The chicken seasoning will last 1-2 years, but are best used within a year for the best flavor.
What Is Poultry Seasoning Used For?
This basic chicken seasoning can be used in so many different ways, primarily for chicken and turkey. Here are some ideas where you can add it:
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast – Turkey is probably the most popular way to use poultry seasoning.
- Cauliflower Stuffing – Or any stuffing! Poultry seasoning works perfectly with these fall flavors.
- Low Carb Chicken Soup – The seasoning will add to the comforting vibe.
- Chicken & Dumplings – Swap the Italian seasoning here with poultry seasoning instead.
- Garlic Herb Roasted Turkey – The complete guide for your holiday bird! If you prefer a dry brine instead, here is how to dry brine a turkey using poultry seasoning.
How to use poultry seasoning on chicken breast
Perhaps the simplest way to use poultry seasoning is for chicken breast!
Simply make my juicy baked chicken recipe like this, and use poultry seasoning in place of the spices listed. You’ll still need to add the salt that the recipe calls for.
More healthy chicken recipes for using poultry seasoning
If you like this chicken seasoning recipe, try it with these other simple chicken recipes:
- Crispy Baked Chicken Legs – The poultry seasoning ingredients work perfectly on chicken legs.
- Crock Pot Whole Chicken – Healthy comfort food, perfect for busy days.
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken – Use the chicken breast seasoning and cook until the chicken shreds easily. Can be used for so many meals.
Tools To Make Homemade Poultry Seasoning:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Spice Jars with Lids – This set comes with everything you need to make your own spice mixes and store them properly.
- Small Jars – If you prefer to get multi-purpose jars, I use these for everything from salad dressings to spices. They are marketed for baby food, but are actually great for just about anything.
- Spice Organizers – This spice organizer pulls out to keep everything in view so that you won’t lose any spices.
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Homemade Poultry Seasoning Recipe
See how to make easy homemade poultry seasoning in just a few minutes! You probably have all 5 simple poultry seasoning ingredients in your pantry.
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Stir all ingredients together. Store in small airtight jars.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 1 tsp
Want some moral support or recipe help?
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂