Free: Healthy Freezer Meals Recipe EbookGet It Now
After I published my air fryer chicken wings recipe, many people asked me if it’s possible to cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer. You can! I tested them right from frozen to make sure. These air fryer frozen chicken wings have all the convenience and crunch of the regular version, without the extra time needed to thaw just like my frozen air fryer broccoli.
With simple oil and seasonings, you can have these wings from freezer to table in under half an hour, making this one of my favorite air fryer recipes when I forget to thaw chicken ahead of time.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Flavorful, savory chicken
- Juicy meat with extra crispy skin
- 5 minutes prep time
- No thawing required
- Works with any of your favorite dipping sauces
- Much faster than the oven
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for air fried chicken wings, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Frozen Chicken Wings – Choose flats and drumettes for a little variety. You can also make this recipe with whole chicken wings, but the cooking time may take a little longer.
- Olive Oil – I prefer extra virgin olive oil, but use any neutral cooking oil you like.
- Baking Powder – This secret ingredient works by soaking up the extra moisture in the skin and creating more surface area for the brownest, crispiest wings.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper – For easy, basic seasoning. See more seasoning ideas below!
- Wing Sauce – Optional, but adds so much flavor. See my favorite wing sauce pairings below.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to make frozen wings in the air fryer, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange. Place wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook. Air fry wings from frozen until they are thawed and warm.
- Transfer. Put wings in a large bowl and pat dry with a clean paper towel. Drain liquid from the bottom of the air fryer basket, if needed.
- Season. Add olive oil, baking powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Cook. Place the wings in a single layer back in the air fryer and cook until they are fully finished and crispy, flipping halfway through. Toss finished wings with sauce, if desired.
How Long To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer?
Air fry frozen chicken wings for about 8 minutes until they are warm. Add oil and seasonings, then cook for 10-12 more minutes, flipping halfway through. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F.
Try these seasonings for a burst of flavor on frozen air fryer wings:
- Lemon pepper – Replace salt and pepper with 2 tablespoons of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Italian – Add 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in addition to the salt and pepper. Serve with sugar-free marinara sauce.
- Cajun – Trade salt and pepper for 1 tablespoon of homemade Cajun seasoning.
- Caribbean – For a burst of spicy and zesty flavors, replace the salt and pepper with 2 tablespoons of jerk seasoning.
- Garlic Parmesan – Make the air fryer frozen chicken wings as is. Meanwhile, saute 3 cloves of garlic in 1/4 cup unsalted butter. When the wings are done, toss them in the garlic butter sauce. Top with shredded or grated parmesan cheese.
- Store: Keep leftover air fryer wings in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Spray leftovers with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil before reheating in the air fryer. (No need for them to be in a single layer.)
- Freeze: Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet until frozen solid, then transfer to a freezer bag. They can stay frozen for 3-6 months. You can reheat from frozen or thaw first.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
Create the perfect plate when you serve frozen air fryer chicken wings with these other recipes:
- Sauces – If you don’t have a preferred hot sauce, use the wing sauce from my baked buffalo wings and honey sriracha chicken, or toss wings in sugar-free teriyaki sauce or your fave BBQ sauce.
- Dressing – Try homemade ranch dressing (shown in the photo above) or blue cheese dressing with these wings, or use your favorite store-bought brand — especially if you tossed them in buffalo sauce!
- Appetizers – Make a game day platter with jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped dates, rutabaga fries, and spinach artichoke dip.
- Air Fryer Sides – These wings can also be a main course to your favorite air fryer sides. Try air fryer zucchini or air fryer eggplant for a quick and easy meal.
- Fresh Vegetables – Carrot sticks and celery sticks make a classic pairing, or serve wings with cilantro lime taco slaw, Israeli salad, or cucumber noodles for a cool and crisp side.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
The air fryer turns out juicy, tender chicken infused with flavor every time. Try these other easy air fryer chicken recipes:
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer (Crispy!)
Make frozen chicken wings in the air fryer in minutes! Air fryer frozen chicken wings get crispy and juicy, thanks to a secret ingredient.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Arrange the frozen chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. (Cook in batches if they don’t all fit.)
Cook frozen wings in the air fryer for 8 minutes, until thawed and warm.
Transfer the wings to a large bowl and pat dry with paper towels. Drain any liquid from the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Add the olive oil, baking powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the wings. Toss to coat evenly.
Place the chicken wings back in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Set the air fryer temperature to 430 degrees F (221 degrees C), or 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) if that’s as high as your air fryer temperature goes. Air fry for 6 minutes. Flip the wings over and continue cooking for 4-6 minutes (for a total of 10-12 minutes), until the chicken wings are done and crispy.
Serve air fryer frozen chicken wings plain, or toss with your favorite sauce.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 4-6 chicken wings, or 1/4 entire recipe
- Nutrition information does not include wing sauce.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂