FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- How To Make Cucumber Salad With Sour Cream
- Best Cucumbers For Easy Cucumber Salad
- Can You Make Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad Ahead?
- How Many Carbs In Cucumbers?
- Are Cucumbers Ok On Keto?
- What To Serve With Easy Cucumber Salad
- Tools To Make Healthy Cucumber Salad
- The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe With Sour Cream And Dill
This is the best easy, creamy cucumber salad ever! When you’re looking for an easy summer salad that highlights fresh garden cucumbers, this is it. Healthy, creamy cucumber salad with sour cream and dill takes just 10 minutes, a handful of simple ingredients, and can also be made ahead of time. You’re going to love it!
When the weather gets hot, I love to cool down with refreshing and hydrating foods like cucumbers – and this cucumber sour cream dill salad is the most delicious way to do it. Cucumbers are really low in carbohydrates, so it’s a veggie that I always like to have in the fridge. And in the summer when they are super fresh? We stock up and eat them on a daily basis.
My family loves this creamy cucumber recipe, and so does everyone who tries it. It’s crunchy and creamy and full of fresh dill flavor and you can serve it with just about anything… but it’s perfect with grilled chicken.
A few summers ago, this low carb cucumber salad saved me after I got heat exhaustion following 4th of July at the pool. (I still fondly remember that day as my oldest daughter’s first time in the water, pouring it from one bucket to another!) The result was this creamy cucumber salad recipe with sour cream and dill! I’d made it a million times before and knew it was just the thing to make me feel better. The water content is so high and it’s super refreshing.
How To Make Cucumber Salad With Sour Cream
Creamy cucumber salad makes a perfect low carb summer salad, and fortunately it’s extremely easy to make it. (Because when it’s finally nice out in Minnesota, you can bet that we want to be outside as much as possible to enjoy that weather!)
Here’s how to make cucumber salad in just 3 easy steps:
- Cut up the vegetables. We’re using cucumbers and onions. I like to thinly slice them.
- Stir together the dressing for sour cream cucumbers. It’s a refreshing combination of sour cream, lemon, olive oil, and fresh dill. Just stir together and it’s ready.
- Toss the cucumbers and onions into the dressing until they are all evenly coated, then chill the cucumber onion sour cream salad.
Best Cucumbers For Easy Cucumber Salad
I used little mini cucumbers for my creamy cucumber salad. I’ve found that the smaller cucumbers are a little sweeter than the large ones, and everyone loves them. They also make the prep a little easier because you just need to slice them.
Don’t feel like you have to use small cucumbers, though. Any cucumbers will work and leave you with a healthy cucumber salad! Persian and English cucumber varieties (sometimes also called hothouse or burpless) are ideal as their skin is not as tough, they don’t have as many seeds, and can taste sweet as well.
Can You Make Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad Ahead?
Yes, you can make creamy cucumber dill salad recipe ahead of time – in fact, you should! After you mix everything up, refrigerate the cucumbers and sour cream for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors come together. Then it’s ready to serve, or it will last for a few days in the fridge.
Because you make this easy cucumber salad ahead of time, it’s the perfect side dish for summer parties. You can make the entire salad and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat it, or you can also prep the cucumbers and dressing separately and toss together the day you are going to serve the salad.
How Many Carbs In Cucumbers?
There are 2 grams carbs in cucumbers per 1/2 cup. Cucumbers are almost entirely water (if you want to get technical, per 1/2 cup of sliced cucumber, there are 50 grams water in 52 grams of cucumbers). This means there is little room for anything else, so the carbs in cucumbers are extremely low.
In each 1/2 cup of sliced cucumbers, there are:
- 8 calories
- 0 grams fat
- 0 grams protein
- 2 grams carbohydrates (some of that is fiber!)
And the nutrition facts for the creamy cucumbers with sour cream dressing can be found below, in the recipe card.
Are Cucumbers Ok On Keto?
Yes! Cucumbers are okay on keto, and so is this keto cucumber salad recipe. Full carb counts can be found below in the recipe card, but cucumbers are a fantastic vegetable to eat on the keto diet.
One serving of cucumbers (1/2 cup of sliced cucumbers) has just 2 grams of carbohydrates. It’s a great way to add vegetables to your keto diet.
What To Serve With Easy Cucumber Salad
One of the reasons this is the best cucumber salad recipe is that it goes with just about everything! It’s the perfect side or salad for grilled meats, or try one of these low carb keto chicken recipes below:
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings or Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
- Keto Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
- The Best Juicy Burgers
- Grilled Sirloin Steak or Filet Mignon
- Grilled Pork Chops
- Chipotle Baked Turkey Burgers
Tools To Make Healthy Cucumber Salad
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Mandoline Slicer – Want this easy creamy cucumber salad recipe with sour cream and dill to come together even quicker? Use a mandoline slicer to cut your cucumbers.
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set – I use these bowls for both mixing and serving cucumbers and sour cream.
- Pyrex Glass Storage Containers – Store your cucumber salad in these handy glass containers.
The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe with Sour Cream and Dill:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe With Sour Cream And Dill
The best, easy, creamy cucumber salad recipe ever! It takes just minutes to throw together, uses simple ingredients, and stores well, too. You'll love this cucumber dill salad with sour cream.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- In a large bowl,whisk together the sour cream, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped cucumbers and red onions.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cup
For a variation, try my creamy cucumber radish salad recipe!
Video Showing How To Make Cucumber Salad:
Scroll up a bit to see the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Cucumber Salad!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂