FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Is Pork Tenderloin?
- How To Season Pork Tenderloin
- How To Cook Pork Tenderloin In The Oven
- How Long To Bake Pork Tenderloin?
- What Temp To Cook Pork Tenderloin?
- What Temperature Is Pork Tenderloin Done?
- Can Pork Tenderloin Be Pink?
- What To Do With Leftover Pork Tenderloin
- How To Reheat Pork Tenderloin
- Can You Freeze Pork Tenderloin?
- How Much Pork Tenderloin Per Person?
- What Goes With Pork Tenderloin?
- Tools To Make The Best Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Rosemary Garlic Keto Pork Tenderloin Recipe
I have to admit, I wasn’t always a pork lover. Gimme oven baked bacon
any (every) day of the week, but other cuts of pork… I wasn’t a fan. But readers were asking me for more keto pork recipes, so who am I not to oblige? 😉 I’m pleased to say, this keto baked pork tenderloin recipe has turned me into a growing pork fan. Seasoned simply with a flavorful marinade, this rosemary garlic pork tenderloin comes out super juicy and tender.
Did I mention it’s ready in just 20 minutes? It’s a great fast weeknight meal, yet tastes like you put a lot of effort in. I served it for a bunch of our friends in a table spread with many other dishes, and it was the first to disappear.
What Is Pork Tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin is a cut of pork that comes from the muscle that runs along the backbone. It is a boneless and lean cut that is very tender if you cook it quickly.
How To Season Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin can be seasoned very simply (with salt and pepper), or a little more complex.
This keto pork tenderloin marinade is made with olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, and the standard salt and pepper.
And, it doesn’t require actually letting the tenderloin sit in the marinade. Brushing it on quickly means no advance prep needed!
To make it, simply stir all these ingredients together in a small bowl, and brush onto the tenderloin:
Not including the salt and pepper (pantry staples), you need just 5 ingredients for the marinade in this rosemary pork tenderloin recipe. Super easy!
How To Cook Pork Tenderloin In The Oven
After the rosemary pork tenderloin marinade is done, the method for cooking pork tenderloin in the oven is similar to cooking steak in the oven. You start by searing it, then bake to finish cooking:
- Preheat the oven.
- Heat a cast iron pan on the stove top until very hot.
- Sear the tenderloin to get a nice golden crust.
- Bake until cooked through.
- Rest for 5 minutes. This ensures a super juicy pork tenderloin!
TIP: We’re using a cast iron skillet so that we can go from stove top to oven in the same pan.
How Long To Bake Pork Tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin baking time in the oven will vary depending on the thickness of your tenderloin, but typically takes about 10-15 minutes in the oven after searing it.
TIP: I recommend using a cooking alarm thermometer, so that you don’t over cook your baked tenderloin.
What Temp To Cook Pork Tenderloin?
We’re cooking this rosemary garlic pork tenderloin at 400 degrees F. Higher heat allows it to cook quickly, which is key for a tender result.
What Temperature Is Pork Tenderloin Done?
Baked tenderloin should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Let it rest for 5 minutes after baking – a must to keep it juicy! It will increase by an additional 5 degrees while resting.
Can Pork Tenderloin Be Pink?
Yes, pork tenderloin should still be a little pink inside when cooked properly.
What To Do With Leftover Pork Tenderloin
If you find yourself with any garlic pork tenderloin recipe leftovers, here are a few ways to use it!
- Tacos – Pick your taco shell and pick your toppings! This post has everything you need to know to make a delicious garlic pork tenderloin taco!
- Sandwiches – Make your favorite keto bread and add a slather of mayo. It’s rosemary tenderloin sandwich perfection!
- Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas – Simply swap out the garlic roasted pork tenderloin for the chicken in this enchiladas recipe.
- Zucchini Casserole – Originally made with chicken, this zucchini casserole will be just as delicious with this roast pork tenderloin recipe.
- Wraps – Pork tenderloin recipes are similar to chicken breast, so they make great fillings for wraps. I love keto cheese wraps or almond flour tortillas.
- Caesar Salad – Swap the chicken in this super easy homemade salad with sliced pork tenderloin.
How To Reheat Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin can be reheated in the microwave or in a hot skillet, just until heated through.
When cooking pork tenderloin, it’s important to not overcook it, so just reheat it until it’s hot.
Can You Freeze Pork Tenderloin?
Yes, any leftovers of this keto pork tenderloin recipe can be frozen. Wrap well in freezer bags and store in the freezer for 4-6 months.
However, it’s so quick to make and so easy to reuse leftovers that there isn’t much reason to make it ahead to freeze. You may want to just freeze an uncooked tenderloin without baking it instead, then thaw and make this recipe when you are ready.
How Much Pork Tenderloin Per Person?
The recommended serving is 3 ounces, but I would round that up to 4 ounces to make things easy. 😉
While it’s plenty of protein, it won’t look like a lot on a plate, so if you want to be on the safe side, count on 1/2 pound (8 ounces) per person to be sure to have enough!
TIP: You can easily double this recipe in one pan if you need more servings.
What Goes With Pork Tenderloin?
Easy pork tenderloin dinner recipes like this one can be the main for so many meals! Here are some of my favorite low carb sides to go with it:
- Southern Fried Cabbage – This flavorful cabbage is probably the tastiest way to eat cabbage. 🙂 It’s so good and perfect with the rosemary pork tenderloin.
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower – Roast the cauliflower while you are prepping the pork. It’s a hands-off dinner.
- Rutabaga Fries – It’s time to rethink rutabaga and give it another try with this recipe. You’ll be surprised how similar these are to potatoes!
- Keto Mashed Cauliflower – Baked pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes are a perfect pair. (And no one will even realize that the potatoes are missing in this cauliflower mash, it’s that good!)
- Oven Roasted Mushrooms – These easy mushrooms have a delicious balsamic flavor.
Tools To Make The Best Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Marinade Brush – To ensure that the marinade for rosemary pork tenderloin is evenly distributed, use a marinade brush.
- Cast Iron Skillet – This baked pork tenderloin is seared on the stove before heading to the oven, and this cast iron skillet can do both.
- Cooking Alarm Thermometer – The best (and really only!) way to tell if your keto pork tenderloin is cooked to the proper temperature.
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Rosemary Garlic Keto Pork Tenderloin Recipe
The juiciest baked pork tenderloin recipe ever! Rosemary garlic pork tenderloin uses a 5-ingredient quick marinade and takes 20 minutes start to finish.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Season the pork tenderloin with sea salt and black pepper on both sides.
In a small pinch bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons (29 ml) olive oil, crushed garlic, fresh rosemary, Italian seasoning, and lemon zest. Brush the mixture all over the pork tenderloin on all sides.
Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork tenderloin and sear for 3-4 minutes without moving, until browned on the bottom. Flip and sear on the other side.
Place the skillet into the oven. Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Remove the pork tenderloin from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes (temperature will increase to 150 degrees F (66 degrees C)).
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1/4 lb, or 1/4 entire tenderloin
Video Showing How To Make Rosemary Garlic Pork Tenderloin:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Rosemary Garlic Pork Tenderloin!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂