This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
These easy air fryer green beans make the ultimate healthy side dish for just about any meal! With fresh or frozen beans and simple seasonings, these come together as quickly and easily as other simple green bean recipes, like roasted green beans or green beans almondine — without the oven or stove.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Green Beans
- Garlicky lemon flavor
- Tender (not mushy!) inside, crispy outside
- Ready in less than 15 minutes
- No egg wash or breadcrumbs needed
- Naturally gluten free, low carb, and vegan
- Faster than the oven and less fuss than the stove
- Easy to make ahead for meal prep
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for green beans in the air fryer, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Fresh Green Beans – Choose bright green, unblemished green beans that ‘snap’ when broken in half. You can also use frozen green beans. French green beans will work, but they will need less cooking time.
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic tastes best, but you can also use jarred minced garlic or 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder instead.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper – For a simple, savory taste.
- Olive Oil – You can substitute your preferred cooking oil.
- Lemon Juice – Adds bright flavor. Use fresh lemon juice if you can, or bottled lemon juice for convenience if needed.
How To Cook Green Beans in the Air Fryer
This section shows how to make air fryer green beans, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Combine. Place green beans in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Add garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange. Place seasoned fresh green beans in the air fryer basket in a single layer. (It’s okay if they overlap, but you don’t want multiple layers. Cook in batches if necessary.)
- Cook. Air fry green beans until crisp tender, shaking the basket halfway through cooking. Remove and continue cooking in batches, if needed, until remaining green beans are done.
How Long To Air Fry Green Beans?
Cook air fryer green beans for 7-10 minutes, until tender. Shake the basket halfway through cooking, so that they cook evenly.
What Temp To Air Fry Green Beans?
375 degrees F is the ideal air fryer temperature for cooking green beans. This is high enough to brown them a little, but not so high that they will burn.
- Frozen Green Beans – Simply add a minute or two to the cook time. They don’t even have to be thawed!
- Swap Seasonings – Sprinkle crispy air fried green beans with your favorite spices instead of salt and pepper. Try simple seasonings like paprika or onion powder, or blends like Italian seasoning, spicy Cajun seasoning, and lemon pepper seasoning!
- Add Toppings – Sprinkle this dish with parmesan cheese, lemon zest, crumbled feta, crumbled air fryer bacon, chopped walnuts, and even dried cranberries.
- Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: For best results, reheat green beans in the air fryer for just 2-3 minutes. Reheating in the microwave also works, but they will be more mushy that way.
- Freeze: Transfer cooled green beans to a lined baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then, store in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag for up to 2 months. Reheat from frozen.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Green Beans
Air fryer green beans work with so many dishes! Here are some of my favorite ways to serve them:
- Dipping sauces – Treat these like healthy French fries and dip in lemon garlic aioli or sugar-free honey mustard.
- Chicken – These beans pair nicely with frozen air fryer chicken wings, French onion chicken, air fryer chicken thighs, or creamy lemon parmesan chicken.
- Beef – Add a side of crispy green beans to beef short ribs, juicy burgers, or an air fryer steak.
- Fish – My favorite is air fryer salmon (for a fast meal cooked entirely in the air fryer!), but cod, pan seared halibut (or baked halibut), or sea bass also pair well with green beans. Or, try other seafood recipes like baked shrimp or air fryer lobster tail.
More Easy Air Fryer Veggie Recipes
An air fryer cooks almost any veggie perfectly in just minutes and cleanup is a cinch. Here are some air fryer veggie recipes for inspiration!
Green Beans Air Fryer Recipe
Air Fryer Green Beans (Under 15 Minutes!)
Air fryer green beans are fast, healthy, and crisp tender every time! Make them with simple ingredients like oil, garlic, seasonings, & lemon.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Arrange green beans in the air fryer basket, in a single layer.
Cook green beans in the air fryer for 7-10 minutes, until tender. Shake the basket halfway through the cook time.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1/4 pound green beans, or 1/4 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂