This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
These easy bacon wrapped brussels sprouts are made with only 4 ingredients, but it’s sure to impress. Everyone loves these crispy, yet tender, brussels sprouts, and the bacon with a hint of maple and spice takes them over the top!
Appetizers may have the reputation of being un-healthy, but they don’t have to be! Recipes like zucchini pizza bites, smoked salmon bites, and spinach stuffed mushrooms are all made with a base of vegetables, plus tons of flavor. Appetizer party, anyone?
In this bacon wrapped brussels sprouts recipe, we’re using Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup in place of the sugary stuff. I use it to brush the bacon and to make the maple mustard dipping sauce. I promise you can’t tell the difference at all – it tastes just like real maple syrup. It gives this dish that sweet, sticky, aromatic quality of real maple, without the sugar. And even if you aren’t keto, give it a try if you’re just looking to reduce sugar in your life!
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
Let me show you how to make brussels sprouts wrapped in bacon! These little bites look impressive, but are easy to make:
- Prep bacon pieces. Cut the bacon pieces in half so that they are short, then brush both sides with sugar-free maple syrup and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Assemble. Roll each brussels sprout in a slice of bacon, then place seam side down onto a baking sheet with an oven-safe rack.
- Brush. Brush with more syrup on top.
- Roast. They are done when the bacon is crispy and sprouts are tender. (Bacon is the easiest doneness indicator.)
TIP: If not using baking rack, you may need to bake for an additional 5 minutes and/or broil at the end to crisp up.
- Make dipping sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Wholesome Yum Maple Syrup, mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, until smooth.
- Serve. Dip the sprouts in the sauce and enjoy!
Brussels Sprouts And Bacon FAQs
Are bacon wrapped brussels sprouts keto?
Yes, bacon wrapped brussels sprouts are naturally keto friendly. But, if you make a recipe that has a maple or brown sugar glaze, it won’t be.
Since we’re using sugar-free maple syrup substitute in this recipe, it’s keto even with the glaze. Each serving (dipping sauce included!) has just 4.1 grams net carbs.
Can you make bacon wrapped brussels sprouts on the grill?
Yes, you can. Grill the bacon wrapped brussels sprouts over a preheated grill at about 400 degrees F for 7-10 minutes per side, or until the bacon is crispy and brussels sprouts are tender.
Can you make bacon wrapped brussels sprouts in the air fryer?
Yes, you can. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees and place the bacon wrapped brussels sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer (you may have to cook in batches). Cook for 15-20 minutes, checking every 5 minutes after the initial 15 minutes, until bacon is crispy and brussels sprouts are tender.
Can you use regular maple syrup?
Yes, you can, if you don’t mind the sugar (maple syrup has 14 grams per tablespoon!). But Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup tastes exactly the same, without the added sugar, so why not give it a try? 😉
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you make them ahead?
These are best served straight from the oven, so I highly recommend making them right before serving. You can make the dipping sauce a day or two in advance.
Can you freeze them?
Yes, you can freeze them. Freeze in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet until frozen solid, then transfer to a freezer bag and store for 2-3 months. Reheat from frozen in a 400 degree F oven.
How to reheat bacon wrapped brussels:
Reheat the brussels in a 350 degree F oven, until hot. If needed, broil to crisp up the bacon. The microwave works in a pinch, but the bacon won’t be crispy.
More Easy Bacon Recipes
If you like this bacon wrapped brussels sprouts recipe, you might also like some of my other bacon recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans – You could use the same maple glaze on these, but this one has a brown sugar topping instead.
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken – Just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes prep. This one is a family favorite.
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf – This meatloaf is a lightened up twist on meatloaf, without giving up any flavor.
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin – Another delicious way to enjoy brussels sprouts and bacon together.
- Bacon Cheese Ball – Just 10 minutes to prep this effortless, impressive appetizer.
- Bacon Wrapped Dates – Just 4 Ingredients to make these easy goat cheese stuffed dates.
Tools To Make This Recipe
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Pastry Brush – For brushing maple syrup. This one has silicone bristles, so it lasts a long time.
- Baking Sheet with Rack – This is my secret for crispy bacon. So worth it!
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts (So Crispy!)
These crispy, easy bacon wrapped brussels sprouts with maple mustard dipping sauce make a delicious, healthy appetizer – without added sugar.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Bacon wrapped brussels sprouts:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Place an oven-safe rack over a baking sheet.
Lay out the short (halved) bacon pieces in a single layer. Brush with maple syrup. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
Flip the bacon pieces over, so that the maple syrup is on the bottom. Place a brussels sprout at the end of a bacon slice and roll up. Place onto the baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining sprouts. Brush remaining maple syrup over the top of the brussels and bacon.
Bake for about 25 minutes, until bacon is crispy and brussels sprouts are tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make the dipping sauce. Stir together the mayonnaise, maple syrup, mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, until smooth.
Serve warm bacon wrapped brussels sprouts with dipping sauce.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 3 bacon wrapped brussels sprouts + 1.5 tbsp dipping sauce
Recipe from The Easy Keto Carboholics’ Cookbook.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂