Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
If you’re following a ketogenic diet or simply reducing sugar, looking for a flavorful sugar free salad dressing recipe that fits into your lifestyle can be daunting. It doesn’t have to be! I’ve made the perfect zero-sugar copycat of honey vinaigrette — plus I’ll show you 7 more keto salad dressings in this post, so you never get bored.
This keto friendly salad dressing is sweet, it’s tangy, it’s fast, and it goes with almost all low carb salad recipes. Store-bought dressings just can’t compare!
Why This Is My Best Keto Salad Dressing Recipe
- Sweet, tangy honey flavor
- Light, smooth, and creamy (a nice change from creamy keto salad dressings!)
- Only 3 simple pantry staples (plus salt and pepper)
- Just 5 minutes to make
- No added sugar (in fact, it’s almost zero sugar)
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, and virtually ZERO net carbs
- Perfect for any keto salad
This simple, sweet vinaigrette has become one of the most frequent ways that I use Wholesome Yum Keto Honey (along with putting it in my tea, coconut keto clusters for snacks, and making keto honey mustard on repeat). This honey sub is an all-natural sweetener that measures just like the real thing and has all the thickness and sticky texture of real honey, but with zero net carbs per serving!
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for sugar free dressing, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Olive Oil – You can substitute olive oil for other oil varieties in this healthy salad dressing, such as extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, sunflower oil, MCT oil, or walnut oil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – I used apple cider vinegar, but you could also use white wine vinegar, white balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, or lemon juice.
- Wholesome Yum Keto Honey – I personally developed the recipe because there just wasn’t a good sugar-free substitute for honey out there! It took me 6 months to get it right, but I’m glad I did it because it’s our most popular item now. You can find it on the Wholesome Yum Foods website, on Amazon, at Sprouts Farmers Market stores nationwide, or check the store locator for other stores. As always, thank you for supporting our small family business. I make products like this (and my free low carb recipes) to hopefully make your life easier.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
How To Make Keto Salad Dressing
This section shows how to make keto friendly salad dressing, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
Making this sugar free dressing takes just 5 minutes! Simply grab a mixing bowl and whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Wholesome Yum Keto Honey, sea salt, and black pepper. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste as needed.
The best way to store this homemade keto salad dressing recipe is in an airtight container in the refrigerator — it lasts up to 1 month! It’s also fine on the counter for a few days. I like to use a mason jar, but you could also store dressing in a reusable salad dressing bottle.
The dressing can separate when storing. Before using again, just shake in the sealed jar or bottle, whisk, or store in a dressing shaker for easy use.
Salads To Serve With Sugar Free Salad Dressing
This keto friendly salad dressing is perfect for summer salads, cucumbers, berries, avocados, or any sweeter salad. Swap the dressings in these salads for my sugar free dressing instead!
- Spring Mix Salad – Fresh, crisp greens make up the base of this delicious spring mix salad recipe. With crunchy walnuts, sweetness from juicy blueberries, and creamy goat cheese crumbles, it would pair perfectly with a honey dressing.
- Baby Kale Avocado Salad – A light but satisfying mix of tender baby kale, creamy avocado, and sharp Parmesan cheese, all perfectly balanced with the refreshing tanginess of this sugar free dressing.
- Smoked Salmon Salad – Succulent smoked salmon, creamy avocado, sweet blueberries, and crunchy pistachios work nicely with a sweet vinaigrette.
- Kale Salad – A drizzle of dressing would add even more texture and flavor to this salad, complete with crunchy almonds, chewy dried cranberries, and tender kale.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – An irresistible combination of sweet strawberries, crunchy almonds, crisp spinach, and crumbled goat cheese. This dressing would make the perfect finish!
- Broccoli Cranberry Salad – Crunchy broccoli combines with bacon bits, toasted walnuts, and sweet dried cranberries. This honey dressing would add a touch of tangy sweetness.
What Salad Dressing Is Keto?
Any salad dressing that does not have sugar will fit macros for a keto diet, but if you’re following the lifestyle for health reasons, it’s a good idea to look for clean ingredients as well. In stores or at restaurants, common keto friendly salad dressing options are savory creamy dressings, such as ranch or blue cheese, or oil-based dressings that are not sweet, such as vinaigrettes.
Sweet vinaigrette dressings, such as honey vinaigrette, are typically not keto friendly. That’s why I was so excited to create this sugar free salad dressing recipe that is keto even though it’s sweet, thanks to my Wholesome Yum Keto Honey.
More Keto Salad Dressings
Get creative with your keto salads with these low carb salad dressings that taste just like the real deal! Plus they are all made with whole, clean ingredients.
Classic ranch dressing with less than 1g net carbs — perfect for topping salads or using as a dip for vegetables.
Made with garlic, white wine vinegar, herbs, and olive oil — adds a burst of zesty flavor to any salad!
Tangy, creamy, herby dressing — perfect for salads, bowls, dipping, sandwiches, meats, and more.
Tastes just like a restaurant’s and so much better than bottled versions. Make it with just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes!
A creamy and savory blend of garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce with 0 net carbs!
Sweet, sour, and creamy dressing, all in one — whipped up in just 5 minutes!
Keto Salad Dressing (Sugar Free Honey Vinaigrette)
Spice up your salad with this 5-minute, sugar free keto salad dressing recipe! This "honey" vinaigrette has virtually ZERO net carbs or sugar.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar-free honey substitute, salt, and pepper.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂