FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This homemade Italian dressing recipe is so easy to make, you’ll never go back to the bottled stuff! In fact, zesty Italian dressing is made with just 6 ingredients that you probably already have in the kitchen. And then there’s the versatility… you’ll use this keto Italian dressing on everything.
Italian Dressing Ingredients
The ingredients for homemade Italian dressing are super simple:
- Olive oil – I recommend extra virgin for flavor
- White wine vinegar – Or red wine vinegar will work, too
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – That’s how you’ll make your Italian dressing sugar-free, but still taste a hint of sweetness! (See my FAQs below if you’re wondering about using other sweeteners.)
- Italian seasoning – You can use store bought, but you might be surprised how easy it is to make your own homemade Italian seasoning mix
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How To Make Italian Dressing
What takes just 5 minutes to make and will instantly liven-up greens and veggies? This zesty Italian salad dressing, of course!
Simply whisk all the Italian dressing ingredients in a bowl:
Keto Italian Dressing Recipe FAQs
Is Italian dressing gluten free?
Yes, this keto approved Italian dressing is gluten-free. (All of my recipes are!)
Many store-bought and restaurant zesty Italian dressings are gluten-free, but it’s always worth checking the label or asking!
Is Italian dressing keto friendly?
Many Italian dressings have added sugars and sweeteners, so that’s why I prefer to make my own! This easy homemade Italian dressing is keto friendly.
How many carbs in Italian dressing?
This easy Italian dressing recipe has just 0.6 grams of net carbs per serving, which is 2 tablespoons.
Is it spicy?
No, it’s not very spicy. If you like it more spicy, you can add more black pepper, or even better, crushed red pepper flakes.
Can you use a different sweetener?
Yes, you can, but it has to be powdered. If you use a granulated sweetener, you’ll have a sweet Italian dressing that’s gritty. Not good.
I highly recommend using powdered monk fruit sweetener with allulose and powdered allulose for making keto Italian dressing, because they dissolve better than other sweeteners and taste great. Most keto sweeteners (including many brands of monk fruit) contain erythritol, which tastes good but does not dissolve very well, and sometimes can crystallize when you store it.
If you use something other than what I recommend, I can’t guarantee results, but you can use the conversion calculator in my keto sweeteners guide to determine the amount. And as always, adjust to taste.
Can you omit the sweetener?
Yes, you can. Homemade Italian dressing is not very sweet to begin with, but adding a small amount of Besti does balance the flavors and add a hint of sweetness. If you’d rather skip it, you can.
Homemade Italian Dressing Storage Instructions
Can you make keto zesty Italian dressing ahead?
Yes, this keto Italian vinaigrette dressing can easily be made ahead. Store it in a glass jar that you can use for serving as well.
How to store low carb Italian dressing
Store this homemade Italian dressing recipe in the refrigerator for 2-4 weeks.
How To Use Italian Dressing
There are so many ways to use this Italian zesty dressing recipe! Here are a few ideas:
- As a marinade for chicken breast
- As a dip for raw veggies
- On salads – anything from basic greens to fancier antipasto salad or artichoke salad
- On roasted vegetables – get the full list of keto vegetables here!
Find more low carb salads in my recipe index.
More Keto Salad Dressing Recipes
If you like this zesty Italian dressing recipe, you might also like some of these other keto salad dressing recipes:
- Caesar Salad Dressing – Of course this dressing is great on a Caesar salad, but it’s also fantastic drizzled on grilled chicken!
- Keto Blue Cheese Dressing – Put this on a wedge salad, chicken wings, and buffalo meatballs.
- Keto Ranch Dressing – I don’t even think I need to share dipping ideas, because I think it goes without saying that ranch makes everything better!
- Low Carb Thousand Island Dressing – This classic dressing is perfect for chef salad.
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing – Like this homemade Italian dressing, a balsamic is incredibly versatile.
- Sugar-Free “Honey” Mustard Dressing – This is a delicious one is from my Easy Keto Cookbook.
Tools To Make Italian Dressing
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Dressing Shaker – Shake up your homemade zesty Italian dressing in this convenient shaker and store it in here as well. Works great to shake up dressing after it’s separated.
- Meal Prep Salad Containers – This salad container holds everything you need – greens, proteins, toppings, and dressing and will keep them separate until you’re ready to eat.
Zesty Italian Dressing Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Zesty Keto Italian Dressing Recipe
Learn how to make homemade Italian dressing in minutes with pantry ingredients! This easy, zesty keto Italian dressing recipe is perfect on salads, veggies, chicken, and more.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. (Alternatively, shake everything in a jar instead.)
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 2 tbsp
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂