This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You’re going to need to add this keto buffalo chicken meatballs recipe into your meatball repertoire ASAP! It’s got all of the buffalo chicken flavors you adore, wrapped up into easy low carb buffalo chicken meatballs. These buffalo meatballs have all the meaty flavor of keto sausage balls with a zesty kick — plus they are easy, requiring just 6 ingredients and NO flour or breadcrumbs at all! They make a perfect appetizer, or pair them with some roasted veggies for an easy and healthy dinner.
Show of hands… who else loves buffalo wings? I know you do! But, sometimes they can be messy, and these keto buffalo chicken meatballs and other fork-friendly options like buffalo chicken salad are great solutions for that. Serve them with celery sticks and either blue cheese or ranch dressing.
This keto buffalo chicken meatballs recipe was originally published on October 23, 2015 as buffalo turkey meatballs, but people kept telling me that they preferred chicken! So, they were updated to be buffalo chicken meatballs in December 2019.
How To Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These low carb buffalo chicken meatballs take just 10 minutes to prep. (I told you they were easy!)
Here’s how to make buffalo chicken meatballs:
- Mix together the buffalo meatball recipe. Combine ground chicken, egg whites, blue cheese, scallions, and buffalo sauce in a bowl. (You can use pre-made sauce, or make keto buffalo sauce yourself.)
TIP: Mix just until combined, so as to not over-work the meat. It may be dry if you over-mix.
- Form the keto buffalo chicken meatballs. Use a small cookie scoop to make this process really easy, otherwise, gently roll the meatball mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken meatballs. You want to bake them until they are just barely done, but not 100% done, so that we can pop them back in the oven after the following step without drying them out.
- Make buffalo sauce. Whisk together more buffalo sauce with a little olive oil.
- Drizzle the buffalo sauce onto cooked low carb buffalo meatballs. Do your best to evenly coat the meatballs.
- Lightly coat each meatball and bake for another 2-3 minutes. Serve up your buffalo meatballs!
Can You Really Make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs?
Yes! This buffalo meatball recipe requires no flour or breadcrumbs of any kind, not even low carb ones.
I just didn’t find it necessary. It’s true that the meatballs are slightly less perfectly round this way, but who cares?!
I much prefer to make chicken meatballs without breadcrumbs so that there are no carbs, no flour, and no specialty ingredients.
TIP: If you really want to add a binder to your meatballs, add 1/4 cup almond flour or pork rinds for keto buffalo chicken meatballs that hold their shape just a bit better.
Can You Make Buffalo Turkey Meatballs Instead?
Absolutely! This used to be a buffalo turkey meatballs recipe, and I only changed it to chicken based on reader feedback.
But if you prefer ground turkey, by all means, use turkey instead.
How To Serve Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Buffalo wing meatballs must certainly be served with blue cheese and celery! Adding crunch and creamy blue cheese dressing is all this buffalo chicken meatballs recipe needs, and in my opinion, it’s a non-negotiable. 😉
Can You Make Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Ahead?
Yes, you can make low carb buffalo chicken meatballs ahead. Simply form them into meatballs, bake, and then let them cool completely. Store them in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to serve them, drizzle with buffalo sauce and bake until heated through.
Can You Freeze Buffalo Meatballs?
Yes, you can also freeze this buffalo chicken meatballs recipe. After the initial baking time, let the meatballs cool completely. Transfer them to a clean piece of parchment paper lining a sheet pan and then freeze in a single layer. Once they are frozen solid, you can transfer them to a freezer bag.
To reheat, thaw them in the fridge overnight, drizzle with buffalo sauce and bake until hot. They are perfect for meal prepping or making a double batch.
More Keto Meatball Recipes
I’m a big fan of meatballs and for good reason – they are packed with protein, everyone loves them, and they make a great dinner! In fact, I’m all about serving meatballs for a main dinner. I know they are usually considered an appetizer, but I usually serve them for dinner.
Why? They are packed with protein, and make a fantastic dinner with a side of veggies. If you love these no carb buffalo chicken meatballs, you might like some of these other meatball recipes:
- Italian Keto Low Carb Meatballs – These are your classic meatballs with Italian flavors and herbs. They are perfect with some zucchini noodles.
- Healthy Chicken Meatballs With Cream Sauce – Another keto chicken meatball recipe! This one features a cream sauce that you’ll probably want to drizzle over everything.
- Easy Keto Sausage Balls – Ok, so technically these aren’t meatballs, but close enough! Sausage balls make the best appetizer or party snack, everyone gobbles them up!
- Asian Turkey Meatballs – The keto friendly, sweet and sticky sauce is so good.
Tools To Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Baking Sheet – This baking sheet is one of my most used kitchen tools.
- Whisk – This whisk is a great tool to have in your kitchen. Perfect for whisking together your cayenne pepper sauce and olive oil to drizzle over your hot sauce meatballs.
- Parchment Paper – Parchment paper is a must for this delicious baked buffalo chicken meatballs recipe. Easy clean-up is always a plus when cooking! 🙂
Low Carb Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Low Carb Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe
See how to make buffalo chicken meatballs with just 6 ingredients! This easy low carb keto buffalo chicken meatballs recipe is a mashup of wings + meatballs, with only 10 minutes prep.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Combine the ground chicken, egg whites, blue cheese, scallions, and 3/4 of the cayenne pepper sauce in a bowl. Form into 1 in (2.5 cm) balls and place on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until barely done.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining cayenne pepper sauce with the olive oil.
Drain the fluid released by the meatballs and transfer them to a clean sheet of parchment paper (still on the baking sheet). Drizzle a small amount of the cayenne olive oil mixture over each meatball. Bake for 2-3 minutes.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 4 meatballs
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂