Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
- Are Turkey Burgers Keto Friendly?
- Why You’ll Love This Keto Turkey Burger Recipe
- The Best Turkey Burger Ingredients
- How To Make Keto Turkey Burgers
- Ways To Cook Turkey Burgers
- Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Easy Keto Turkey Burgers
- Tools To Make Low Carb Turkey Burgers
- Keto Turkey Burgers (With The Best Sauce!)
These keto turkey burgers are a hit with the whole family and won’t break your carb bank! They are extra juicy, packed with chipotle seasonings, and served with a chipotle mayo that gives them SO much flavor and a hint of heat. This easy low carb dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Are Turkey Burgers Keto Friendly?
Yes, as long as there are no breadcrumbs added, ground turkey burgers are naturally keto friendly. (And, turkey is keto in general.)
Why You’ll Love This Keto Turkey Burger Recipe
- Hint of spice, with chipotle flavors
- Super juicy turkey burgers
- Simple ingredients
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
- Zero grams carbs
- Delicious dinner for the whole family
The Best Turkey Burger Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for healthy turkey burgers, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For the Chipotle Turkey Burgers:
- Avocado oil – Because turkey is a lean meat, we add avocado oil to prevent drying out and also to make this recipe’s macros more keto friendly. Adding oil is the best way to cook ground turkey and keep it juicy! Olive oil will work as well.
- Coconut aminos – You can also use soy sauce, if you are ok with soy and gluten, but this is why I don’t use soy sauce.
- Spices – Crushed chipotle pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, dried oregano, and sea salt. You can adjust the amount of chipotle pepper based on whether you like a spicy keto turkey burger or a more mild one; the amount on the recipe card below is moderately spicy.
TIP: The crushed chipotle chile pepper is the secret ingredient that gives this turkey burger recipe so much flavor! It’s made out of chipotle chile peppers, which makes a difference in flavor and level of heat. Chipotle chile peppers have a smoky flavor and moderate heat, whereas “regular” crushed red pepper is mainly just hot and sharp, with fewer other flavors. Although you could swap in regular crushed red pepper in chipotle turkey burgers, they would be a lot more spicy and you’d lose the chipotle flavor.
- Fresh cilantro – If you don’t like cilantro, try some red onion instead.
- Ground turkey – While any type of ground turkey will work, I recommend avoiding fat-free, which is incredibly dry. Lean is fine. You can also swap this with ground beef or ground chicken if you prefer.
For the Chipotle Mayo:
- Fresh Salsa
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Squeeze of lime juice (optional)
- Buns or lettuce – You can use homemade low carb burger buns from my Easy Keto Cookbook or lettuce wraps using leaf or butter lettuce.
How To Make Keto Turkey Burgers
This section shows how to make keto friendly turkey burgers with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Mix seasonings. In a large bowl, whisk together avocado oil, coconut aminos, crushed chipotle peppers, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, cilantro, and sea salt.
- Add meat. Add ground turkey to the bowl and mix with your hands just until combined.
TIP: Don’t overmix. To ensure a super juicy turkey burger, be careful not to over mix the turkey meat, because otherwise it will be too tough.
- Form burger patties. Divide burger meat into 4 sections and form patties. Make a thumbprint in each.
- Cook turkey patties. You can bake and then broil, or simply pan fry them. Be sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Rest. After cooking, let the burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve. Serve these low carb paleo turkey burgers with desired toppings in a keto burger bun or lettuce leaves.
Ways To Cook Turkey Burgers
These burgers can be baked, pan fried, or grilled! Here is how long to cook turkey burgers using each method:
- In The Oven: Cook turkey burgers in the oven, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, for 16-18 minutes until almost cooked through. Then, broil for 2-3 minutes until browned and fully cooked.
- Pan Fry: Cook turkey burgers in a large skillet on the stove over medium heat to medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side. This is my favorite way to cook them.
- Grill: Cook turkey burgers on an indoor or outdoor grill, over medium to medium high heat, for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Store baked keto turkey burgers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze turkey burgers?
Yes, you can freeze them after cooking, or if you want to meal prep them ahead, simply form the patties (work quickly so they stay cold for juicy burgers later!), but don’t cook them. Place them in a freezer bag and freeze immediately.
Reheat keto turkey burgers in the oven or a hot skillet, just until warm, so they don’t dry out.
What To Serve With Easy Keto Turkey Burgers
Serve these burgers with a low carb side dish for a complete keto meal:
- Keto French Fries
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Grilled Cabbage Steaks
- Keto Onion Rings
- Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- Keto Potato Salad
Keto Turkey Burgers (With The Best Sauce!)
The BEST keto turkey burgers recipe – it's juicy, flavorful, and served with the most amazing sauce! You can make these in the oven, in a pan, or even on the grill.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Chipotle Turkey Burgers:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, coconut aminos, chile peppers, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, cilantro, and sea salt.
Add the ground turkey. Stir or mix with your hands until just combined. Do not over mix to avoid tough burgers.
Divide the burger meat into 4 sections and form a burger patty with each. Place onto the lined baking sheet. Make a thumbprint in each.
Cook burgers using your favorite method:
In The Oven: Bake turkey burgers in the oven for 16-18 minutes until almost cooked through, then broil for 2-3 minutes until browned and fully cooked.
Pan Fry: Cook turkey burgers on the stove over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Grill: Grill turkey burgers over medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
With any of these methods, let burgers rest for 5 minutes on a plate after cooking.
Meanwhile, whisk together the mayo and chipotle chile powder to make chipotle mayo.
Serve burgers with chipotle mayo, avocado, fresh cilantro, and homemade salsa.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 1 burger + 2 tbsp chipotle mayo
Nutrition info includes burgers and sauce, but not the buns and toppings.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂