FREE: 5 SECRETS TO FAST HEALTHY DINNERSGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Is Bruschetta Chicken?
- Why You’ll Love This Grilled Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
- How To Make Bruschetta Chicken
- Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Bruschetta Chicken
- More Healthy Italian Recipes
- Tools To Make Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
For fresh, summery flavor in a flash, this chicken bruschetta recipe has you covered! Grilled bruschetta chicken combines juicy chicken, melty cheese, and a freshly chopped topping for a simple Italian-style dinner in less than 30 minutes.
What Is Bruschetta Chicken?
Bruschetta chicken is very similar to classic bruschetta: It has a fresh tomato topping mixed with olive oil, herbs, and spices. The difference is that instead of bread as the base, the recipe uses grilled chicken instead!
Why You’ll Love This Grilled Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Healthy chicken dinner
- Juicy grilled chicken
- Fresh bruschetta topping
- Easy to make
- Simple ingredients
- Ready in just 25 minutes
Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for this easy bruschetta chicken recipe, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For the chicken:
- Chicken breasts – Choose boneless skinless chicken breasts that are similar in size.
- Fresh mozzarella – A bruschetta chicken recipe with mozzarella tastes so satisfying, but you can omit f. Low moisture part skim mozzarella will also work, but won’t have the same melty texture.
- Olive oil – Use extra virgin for best flavor.
- Sea salt & black pepper
For the bruschetta topping:
- Cherry tomatoes – These have the sweetest flavor for healthy bruschetta chicken, but any variety will work.
- Sun dried tomatoes – Go with store bought, or make homemade sun-dried tomatoes.
- Fresh basil – Adds fresh, herby flavor in a classic bruschetta topping. Look for bright green leaves with no bruising or browning.
- Garlic – You can mince it fresh or buy jarred for convneience.
- Balsamic vinegar – Balsamic bruschetta chicken has the best flavor. Avoid substituting with a different vinegar.
- Olive oil – Use extra virgin for best flavor. Avocado oil is also fine.
- Sea salt & black pepper
How To Make Bruschetta Chicken
This section shows how to make this naturally low carb bruschetta chicken with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Make topping. Combine both kinds of tomatoes, basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Prep chicken. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken. Grill on both sides. When it’s almost done on the second side, add sliced mozzarella to each chicken breast. Cover and allow the cheese to melt. Use a meat thermometer to know when it’s done – it should reach 165 degrees F.
- Add topping. Top with prepared tomato topping and serve!
- To store: If you have leftovers, you can store grilled chicken with bruschetta in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- To meal prep: Prepare the bruschetta topping up to 2 days in advance. Grill chicken right before serving, if possible, but you could also make the entire meal and reheat.
- To reheat: Reheat the grilled chicken in the oven (without topping) at 350 degrees F for best results. The microwave will work, but can dry out the chicken. Top with the bruschetta mixture after reheating.
- To freeze: You can freeze the chicken, but avoid freezing the bruschetta topping as the texture will change too much.
What To Serve With Bruschetta Chicken
Grilled chicken with bruschetta pairs well with all these dinnertime favorites:
- Simple salads – Chopped antipasto salad, marinated artichoke salad, or roasted vegetable salad make delicious pairings with this recipe.
- Easy noodles – Regular pasta works great, or try healthier zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or shirataki noodles.
- Roasted veggies – Baked cheesy asparagus, roasted artichokes, or roasted zucchini work well with this dish. Roasted cherry tomatoes also make a delicious side or even replacement for the bruschetta topping.
More Healthy Italian Recipes
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
With balsamic tomato topping and gooey cheese, grilled bruschetta chicken makes a fast and fresh meal in under 30 minutes!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the bruschetta topping and stir until combined. Set aside.
Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with the sea salt and black pepper.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat with the lid closed. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 7-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
When the chicken is almost fully cooked, top with the sliced mozzarella. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, until melted.
Top the chicken breasts with the bruschetta topping and serve.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 chicken breast with 1/4 of bruschetta topping
Video Showing How To Make Grilled Bruschetta Chicken:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe — it’s located directly above the ingredients list. It’s the easiest way to learn how to make Grilled Bruschetta Chicken!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂