Free: Healthy 5-Ingredient Meals EbookGet It Now
For fresh, summery flavor in a flash, this chicken bruschetta recipe has you covered! Grilled bruschetta chicken combines juicy chicken, melty cheese, and a freshly chopped topping for a simple Italian-style dinner in less than 30 minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Grilled Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Healthy chicken dinner
- Juicy grilled chicken
- Fresh bruschetta topping
- Easy to make
- Simple ingredients
- Ready in just 25 minutes
Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for this easy bruschetta chicken recipe, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For the chicken:
- Chicken Breasts – Choose boneless skinless chicken breasts that are similar in size. You could also make grilled chicken thighs if you prefer.
- Fresh Mozzarella – A bruschetta chicken recipe with mozzarella tastes so satisfying, but you can omit f. Low moisture part skim mozzarella will also work, but won’t have the same melty texture.
- Olive Oil – Use extra virgin for best flavor.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
For the bruschetta topping:
- Cherry tomatoes – These have the sweetest flavor for healthy bruschetta chicken, but any variety will work.
- Sun dried tomatoes – Go with store bought, or make homemade sun-dried tomatoes.
- Fresh basil – Adds fresh, herby flavor in a classic bruschetta topping. Look for bright green leaves with no bruising or browning.
- Garlic – You can mince it fresh or buy jarred for convneience.
- Balsamic vinegar – Balsamic bruschetta chicken has the best flavor. Avoid substituting with a different vinegar.
- Olive oil – Use extra virgin for best flavor. Avocado oil is also fine.
- Sea salt & black pepper
How To Make Bruschetta Chicken
This section shows how to make this naturally low carb bruschetta chicken with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Make topping. Combine both kinds of tomatoes, basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Prep chicken. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken. Grill on both sides. When it’s almost done on the second side, add sliced mozzarella to each chicken breast. Cover and allow the cheese to melt. Use a meat thermometer to know when it’s done – it should reach 165 degrees F.
- Add topping. Top with prepared tomato topping and serve!
- To store: If you have leftovers, you can store grilled chicken with bruschetta in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- To meal prep: Prepare the bruschetta topping up to 2 days in advance. Grill chicken right before serving, if possible, but you could also make the entire meal and reheat.
- To reheat: Reheat the grilled chicken in the oven (without topping) at 350 degrees F for best results. The microwave will work, but can dry out the chicken. Top with the bruschetta mixture after reheating.
- To freeze: You can freeze the chicken, but avoid freezing the bruschetta topping as the texture will change too much.
What To Serve With Bruschetta Chicken
Grilled chicken with bruschetta pairs well with all these dinnertime favorites:
- Simple salads – Chopped antipasto salad, marinated artichoke salad, or roasted vegetable salad make delicious pairings with this recipe.
- Easy noodles – Regular pasta works great, or try healthier zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or shirataki noodles.
- Soup – Serve up some zucchini soup or a classic Italian Zuppa Toscana soup as an appetizer or as a side dish.
- Roasted veggies – Baked asparagus, roasted artichokes, or baked zucchini slices work well with this dish. Roasted cherry tomatoes also make a delicious side or even replacement for the bruschetta topping.
More Healthy Italian Recipes
- Zuppa Toscana
- Italian Sausage Kale Soup
- Zoodles With Meatballs
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
With balsamic tomato topping and gooey cheese, grilled bruschetta chicken makes a fast and fresh meal in under 30 minutes!
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the bruschetta topping and stir until combined. Set aside.
Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with the sea salt and black pepper.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat with the lid closed. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 7-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
When the chicken is almost fully cooked, top with the sliced mozzarella. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, until melted.
Top the chicken breasts with the bruschetta topping and serve.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast with 1/4 of bruschetta topping
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂