Free: Healthy 5-Ingredient Meals EbookGet It Now
I love cooking traditional bacon in the oven, but sometimes I want something lighter, and my girls have been obsessed with turkey bacon lately. Learning how to cook turkey bacon in the oven works the same way!
Baking turkey bacon makes the perfect side for a healthy breakfast, and it’s a breeze compared to stovetop cooking. No more stovetop splatters! I prefer to use uncured turkey bacon without nitrates, but this recipe works with any brand of turkey bacon.
Why You’ll Love Baking Turkey Bacon
- Savory flavor
- Crispy turkey bacon every time
- Virtually no prep required
- Makes 15 turkey bacon strips in 20 minutes
- Lighter than pork bacon
- Minimal mess and cleanup
How To Cook Turkey Bacon In The Oven
This section shows how to bake turkey bacon, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and place an oven-safe cookie rack of the same size on top of the baking sheet.
- Assemble. Arrange the turkey bacon slices in a single layer on the baking rack.
- Bake. Place turkey bacon in the oven on the middle rack and bake, flipping halfway through, until done to your liking.
- Drain & cool. Drain on paper towels to absorb any excess grease, or just pat dry with paper towels instead. Cool for a few minutes to get them crispier.
How Long To Cook Turkey Bacon In The Oven?
Cooking turkey bacon in the oven takes about 15-18 minutes, depending on how crispy you like it.
Other Ways To Cook Turkey Bacon
I think the oven is the best way to cook turkey bacon in most cases, but you can also cook it using other methods:
- Stovetop – Cook turkey bacon in a skillet over medium heat, flipping until crisp. Cooking time varies depending on how crispy you like it.
- Air Fryer – If you have a smaller batch of turkey bacon to make, use my air fryer turkey bacon recipe instead.
- Microwave – Place turkey bacon between paper towels on a microwave-safe plate. Cook on high for 2-4 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Store: Wrap leftovers in plastic wrap, or place in an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Reheat: Warm oven baked turkey bacon in the microwave on a paper towel, or air fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Freeze: To freeze, wrap portions in plastic wrap with parchment paper in between layers. Place in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Ways To Use Cooked Turkey Bacon
There are so many ways to use cooked turkey bacon. For starters, it can replace bacon in any of my bacon recipes. But, here are a few more ideas to get you started:
- Appetizers – Try it on bacon deviled eggs, fiery jalapeno poppers, or a creamy cheese ball.
- Sandwiches – Although I usually use this turkey bacon in place of sausage for a breakfast sandwich or as a healthier option for a BLT, it can be used to make a club sandwich or added to a juicy burger or turkey burger, too.
- Eggs – The classic pairing! While you’re cooking bacon, whip up some coddled eggs or cloud eggs. For a simple oven baked meal, try baked eggs, easy egg muffins, or an eggs benedict casserole.
- Sweet Breakfast – For a sweet and savory breakfast, pair this turkey bacon with a healthy sweet potato hash, some waffles, or a stack of banana oat pancakes.
- Salads – Make it ahead of time to throw into a classic cobb salad, a delicious broccoli bacon salad, or even a wedge salad.
- Side Dishes – Use it to amp up the flavor of crispy fried brussels sprouts, sauteed cabbage, or oven roasted potatoes.
How To Cook Turkey Bacon In The Oven
Learn how to cook turkey bacon in the oven! Baking turkey bacon makes perfectly crispy strips with minimal mess and effort.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup if desired. Place an oven-safe cookie rack of the same size on top of the baking sheet. (Get the perfect pan + rack here!)
Arrange the turkey bacon slices in a single layer on the rack.
Place turkey bacon in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 15-18 minutes, flipping halfway through, until done to your liking.
Drain on paper towels to absorb any excess grease, or just pat dry with paper towels instead. Cool for a few minutes to get more crispy.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 1 slice, cooked
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂