This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
If you like your breakfast with a burst of fruity flavor, you’ll love these easy banana oat pancakes! They come together as quick and easy as my keto banana pancakes, but if you’re not low carb, make this version instead: They have the natural sweetness of fresh fruit, hearty oats, and simple pantry staples included. Let me show you how to make oat banana pancakes that cook up soft and sweet in minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Banana Oat Pancakes Recipe
- Natural banana flavor
- Moist and soft texture reminiscent of banana bread
- No white sugar, maple syrup, or other sweeteners needed
- No mixing bowl or specialty flours needed
- Done in 30 minutes
- Naturally dairy-free and gluten-free pancakes
- Easy to make ahead, freeze, and customize!
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for banana egg oat pancakes, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Bananas – Use ripe bananas for the sweetest flavor.
- Eggs – Use whole, large eggs.
- Oat Milk – You can also use whatever milk you prefer, such as homemade almond milk, dairy milk, or hemp milk.
- Rolled Oats – Quick oats can also work for this recipe. Avoid using steel cut oats, which may be gritty. You can also use the same amount of oat flour instead.
- Baking Powder – Helps the pancakes bubble and rise. Don’t use baking soda, which needs an acid to react and will taste bitter if used on its own.
- Cinnamon – For a cozy flavor reminiscent of banana bread! You can also try other spices, or blends such as homemade pumpkin pie spice.
- Vanilla Extract – Use a high-quality vanilla for best results.
- Sea Salt – Balances the sweetness.
- Avocado Oil – For frying. You can substitute any neutral cooking oil you prefer.
How To Make Banana Oat Pancakes
This section shows how to make healthy banana oatmeal pancakes, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Blend. Add dry and wet ingredients to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Cook. Heat oil in a pan, until shimmering. Pour the batter into the pan, 1/4 cup at a time. Fry pancakes until bubbles form on the edges.
- Flip. Flip each pancake and continue cooking until done.
- Add mix-ins – Fold in berries, finely chopped nuts, or chocolate chips into the batter after blending.
- Make banana oat pancakes vegan – Simply swap the eggs with flax eggs.
- Make it completely gluten free – Oats are naturally free from gluten, but can contain gluten from processing equipment. If you’re especially sensitive, get certified gluten free oats.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also make batter up to 1 day in advance and store in the fridge until it’s time to cook.
Can You Freeze Banana Oat Pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze these pancakes! Freeze individually on parchment on a baking sheet until solid, then transfer to a freezer-safe container for long-term storage (up to 3 months).
Reheat pancakes in a microwave or 350 degree F oven, until warm. To prevent drying out, you can spread a little butter or coconut oil on them before reheating.
What To Serve With Oat Banana Pancakes
Drizzle with melted peanut butter or sugar-free maple syrup, or make a big breakfast out of these banana oatmeal pancake recipe with these dishes!
More Healthy Pancake Recipes
Try these easy, satisfying pancake recipes for happy mornings.
Banana Oat Pancakes Recipe
Banana Oat Pancakes
Banana oat pancakes transform basic ingredients into a mouthwatering breakfast with no added sugar! See the quick, easy way + topping ideas.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Add the bananas, eggs, oat milk, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Blitz until smooth.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, until shimmering.
Pour approximately 1/4 cup (59 ml) of batter at a time into circles on the pan. Fry banana oat pancakes for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 3 3-inch pancakes
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂