This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
If you miss the buttery, pillowy garlic bread (with crispy edges!) from your favorite Italian restaurant on keto, you’re in luck — this easy keto garlic bread recipe is the next best thing! With a few pantry staples (and lots of fresh garlic, of course), this easy bread makes a mouthwatering addition to your favorite Italian meals.
Unlike my keto cheese bread (which is more like cheesy pull-apart dinner rolls) or the garlic breadsticks from my Easy Keto Cookbook (which are made with fathead dough), this one is more like a French baguette.
I take a little shortcut to make this delish keto garlic bread recipe taste authentic. Like my keto bread pudding and keto croutons, I use Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix! It creates a bubbly and chewy loaf — a.k.a., the best base for a buttery garlic topping — with real ingredients and just 2g net carbs per slice. Perfect for everything from sandwiches to side dishes!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Garlic Bread Recipe
- Buttery, garlicky flavor
- Crusty exterior with soft inside
- Uses basic ingredients — with wheat or other grains
- 10 minutes prep
- Less than 3g net carbs per slice
- Easy to make ahead, or even freeze
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for garlic butter keto bread, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For The Bread:
- Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix – The only bread mix I use! It’s made with a combination of almond flour and whey protein powder, for a bread that actually rises and has air pockets. It makes the best chewy loaf that tastes like conventional bread (all with real ingredients) — and it gets crusty when you toast it in the oven.
- Butter – I prefer grass-fed butter, but any unsalted variety works. Soften it up to room temperature to work it more easily with the bread mix.
- Eggs – Use whole, large eggs.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – Avoid flavored or sweetened varieties.
SWAP: Want to use a different milk?
Most cartoned keto milk substitutes will work here, including store-bought or homemade almond milk, hemp milk, coconut milk beverage (the liquid kind in a carton, not the thick kind in a can), or even watered down heavy cream
For The Topping:
- Salted Butter – Make sure it is softened to room temperature. If you want to use the same unsalted butter you used for the bread mix, just add 3/8 teaspoon of sea salt to 3/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Garlic – I highly recommend fresh garlic for best flavor, but jarred garlic will also work. (Either of these is preferred over garlic powder.) To convert the 10 fresh garlic cloves in this recipe to jarred, use 5 teaspoons of jarred.
- Fresh Parsley – Fresh tastes best, but if necessary you can substitute 2 teaspoons of dried parsley instead of the 2 tablespoons fresh.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – Mozzarella cheese would also work, but has a different texture in the end result.
How To Make Keto Garlic Bread
This section shows how to make low carb garlic bread, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep bread. Make bread dough according to instructions on Wholesome Yum Bread Mix package (steps 1-4 on the back of the package). You’ll cream the butter, add the eggs and milk, then beat in the bread mix.
- Shape. Place dough on a lined sheet pan and shape into a long loaf (similar to French bread). Score the bread to vent.
- Bake. Bake until golden (an inserted toothpick should come out clean), then cool completely.
- Slice. Cut bread horizontally lengthwise, then into 1.5-inch slices (about 16 pieces total).
- Butter. In a small bowl, mash butter, garlic, and parsley. Spread butter mixture over the bread, then sprinkle parmesan on top (if using).
- Broil. Arrange slices on a baking sheet and broil in the oven until the butter is melted and bread edges are toasted.
- Use different herbs (or spices) – Use traditional Italian herbs like rosemary or oregano (or Italian seasoning), or get creative with red pepper flakes, fresh dill, or green onions.
- Try various cheeses – Parmesan pairs perfectly with garlic, but you can use any keto cheese you like. Go bold and try this bread with blue cheese or feta!
- Add toppings – Caramelized onions, sun dried tomatoes, or artichoke hearts would taste delicious on this bread.
- Store: Keep garlic keto bread leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Meal prep: Make bread and garlic butter mixture, then store separately in the refrigerator before baking. Allow butter to return to room temperature.
- Reheat: Warm garlic bread in a toaster oven, conventional oven, or air fryer at a low temperature until heated through.
- Freeze: Place slices on a baking sheet (spaced apart) and freeze until solid. Transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag for long-term storage in the freezer.
What To Serve With Keto Garlic Bread
Add garlic bread to your next Italian night with these easy recipes:
- Pizza – Enjoy garlic bread with a keto calzone, chaffle pizza, zucchini pizza bites, or simply a classic keto pizza.
- Easy mains – Garlic bread makes the perfect pairing with baked chicken Caprese, Tuscan salmon, Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms, or eggplant Parmesan.
- Soups & salads – Keto zuppa toscana soup, marinated artichoke salad, and Italian sausage kale soup taste delicious with keto garlic bread.
- Pasta – Serve garlic bread with keto lasagna, spaghetti squash alfredo, or cauliflower baked ziti.
More Keto Bread Mix Recipes
Looking for more ways to use Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix? Try it in these easy dishes.
Tools To Make Keto Garlic Bread
- Hand Mixer – Makes fast work of mixing bread dough.
- Baking Sheet – It’s my favorite one, and has never warped!
- Parchment Paper – Essential for the bread to have a clean release from the pan.
Keto Garlic Bread Recipe
Keto Garlic Bread Recipe (Crusty & Garlicky!)
Learn the tricks to making the best keto garlic bread recipe with basic pantry ingredients! It has a crusty exterior, soft and airy interior, and buttery, garlicky flavor.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
For the bread:
For the keto garlic bread topping:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (162 degrees C).
Make the dough using the Keto Bread Mix according to package instructions. Instead of baking in a loaf pan, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the bread dough onto the sheet pan and form into a long, rounded loaf in the shape of French bread, about 13 to 14 inches (33-35.5 cm) long, 4 inches (10 cm) wide, and 1 to 1 to 1 1/2 inches (2.5-3.8 cm) tall. Cut diagonal, shallow cuts in the top to vent.
Bake bread for about 25 minutes, until the top is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
When the bread has cooled, preheat the oven to Broil.
Cut the bread loaf in half horizontally lengthwise then stack the two long pieces and cut into 1.5-inch (3.8 cm) slices. You’ll end up with about 16 pieces total.
In a medium bowl, mash together the butter, garlic, and parsley.
Spread the garlic butter over the bread. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if using.
Arrange the bread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Broil for 2-4 minutes, until the butter is melted and the edges of the bread are toasted and golden.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 piece
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Hi Maya, Love your recipes and the first Wholesome Yum Cookbook. Can’t wait to see this one! I’m forced to eat this way due to many food allergies (all grains and many other things), and I’d love to try this garlic bread recipe. Unfortunately, I’m also allergic to Monk fruit and I see that it’s one of the ingredients in the bread mix. It would be great if you could add a version of this garlic bread that’s made from scratch so I can use allulose or Swerve. Thanks so much!
I made this for a neighbour who has been unwell. I know she follows keto and wanted to give her something comforting that fit with her diet. So I added this to a basket along with your keto eggplant lasagna. The instructions were so easy to follow and she said the dinner was amazing! Thank you for helping me cook in an area I know very little about!
Can’t go wrong with homemade garlic bread! This one was perfect with our spaghetti marinara. A huge hit!
I don’t eat keto but I needed something to serve guests and found the bread mix, which was so helpful. The bread turned out great and used your easy instructions.
So garlicky and so good! Thanks.
I had everything I needed already on hand to make this, so it was a no-brainer! The perfect amount of garlic too!
I was pleasantly surprised with keto garlic bread recipe! I have tried a few and really your recipe has been the best-tasting one to date. I am looking forward to trying more of your keto recipes.
Thanks for the keto garlic bread recipe with basic pantry ingredients! I loved your tips and trick to make yummy garlic bread.
This bread is everything I love about garlic bread but without all the carbs! It’s perfect for dipping into spaghetti sauce.
This was my first time trying a Keto Bread recipe and I was surprised how easy it was to make and how delicious it is. 10 stars!
Loreto and Nicoletta0
This is a great play on garlic bread, with a keto twist. Love the color, and texture, and am smelling the aroma of them baking. Need some of this to dip into a good artichoke dip. Thanks for sharing!😋🥰
I miss Garlic Bread! I’m so happy I found this recipe, and it was easy to make too! Thank you!
This looks so yummy. Quick, easy and definitely perfect to go as a snack. Homemade sounds interesting.
I’m not into the keto lifestyle, but I’m ready to convert if this bread tastes as it looks. I’m buying the keto flour to give it a try! It looks so, so good!
So good! It went perfectly with your keto lasagna recipe. Delicious!
Absolutely delish! This hit the spot. Right amount of garlic and the bread mix made it quick to make. Thank you for so many amazing recipes. I have not tried one yet that wasn’t yummy. Can’t wait to get the second cookbook.
Is there a recipe to make the Keto bread mix or an alternative?
Maya | Wholesome Yum0
Hi Becca, This recipe uses this bread mix — hope you’ll try it! You might like this keto cheese bread instead if you want a dough made from scratch.
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Becca, I am not exactly sure what kind of recipe you are looking for?
I will be adding this to all our meals!! This bread was amazing!! Crisp & tasty!
I loved the optional add ins for the garlic bread. The parsley and parm were great.
All I can say is WOW! No one would ever believe this crusty garlic bread is keto!
I’ve been craving garlic bread and this keto recipe definitely did the trick! An easy low carb option that’s super delicious and flavorful.
This is really the best garlic bread I’ve tried! So easy to make and tastes really good! Thanks!