This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This is the best keto bread pudding recipe for when you need a cozy, creamy, comforting treat! With a sweet custard and golden top, this sugar-free bread pudding is a perfect keto dessert for a larger group. Learn how to make it with just 10 minutes of hands-on prep!
The best bread pudding starts with high-quality bread, so my recipe starts with Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix. With super clean ingredients and just 2g net carbs per slice, this gluten-free mix makes a delicious fluffy and chewy base (not dense like many low carb breads are!) for this dessert.
Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend adds sweetness to the custard for a classic flavor with no gritty texture or aftertaste. If you missed bread pudding on keto, these ingredients will help bring it back better than ever!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Bread Pudding Recipe
- Cozy cinnamon and vanilla flavors
- Creamy, custardy texture
- Sweet sugar-free dried cranberries mimic raisins
- 5.5 net carbs per serving
- Perfect for a sweet keto-friendly dessert or brunch
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for easy keto bread pudding, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix – Makes the perfect chewy, airy keto bread base! You will not need the whole loaf — just 10 slices — so use leftovers for keto grilled cheese or keto peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – You can also make homemade almond milk or use your favorite keto milk substitute.
- Eggs – Use whole, large eggs. I haven’t tested egg substitutes, such as flax eggs, but let me know how it goes if you try that out.
- Butter – I use grass-fed butter, but any unsalted variety will work. Coconut oil should also work, but I prefer the flavor of butter.
- Heavy Cream – Adds silky and rich texture to the custard mixture. Feel free to sub full-fat canned coconut milk instead.
- Eggs – These are needed for the bread above, plus help the finished pudding hold together.
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – For 0g net carbs, this sweetener adds just-like-sugar taste to this iconic dish. In particular, it dissolves well, so the custard has no gritty texture. You can try a different sugar substitute if you must, but with other brands powdered might work best and the result may crystallize.
- Butter – Adds richness to the custard. Coconut oil may work as a substitute, but I haven’t tried it to confirm.
- Vanilla Extract – You could also try almond extract here.
- Cinnamon – For classic flavor!
- Sugar-Free Dried Cranberries – Optional, but if you like raisins in bread pudding, these make a good low carb alternative.
How To Make Sugar-Free Bread Pudding
This section shows how to make bread pudding sugar free, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Make keto bread. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and milk. Gradually beat in Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix until a batter forms.
- Bake. Spoon the batter into a parchment lined loaf pan and smooth with a spatula. Bake until the bread rises and has a golden top.
- Dry. Slice bread into 1/2-inch slices and allow to dry for 1-2 days.
- Cut. After drying, cut bread slices into 1-inch cubes. and transfer to an 8×8 baking dish.
TIP: Bread not dry enough?
If bread is still too moist, toast in a warm oven for about 10 minutes.
- Make custard. In a medium bowl, whisk together heavy cream, eggs, Besti, melted butter, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour. Pour egg mixture over the bread cubes. Stir to combine.
- Add berries. Fold in the dried cranberries, if using.
- Bake. Bake until low carb bread pudding is golden brown and the custard is cooked through.
- Use different breads – While the keto bread mix is the easiest option and has the BEST texture, you can also use other keto bread recipes like almond flour bread, white keto bread, or keto yeast bread.
- Add other mix-ins – Try sugar-free chocolate chips, blueberries, or chopped nuts instead of cranberries.
- Try other spices – Swap cinnamon for nutmeg, or add citrus zest to the custard mix.
- Top with sauces – Serve bread pudding with Keto Maple Syrup, sugar-free caramel syrup, or keto chocolate syrup… or even keto whipped cream.
- Store: Keep leftover sugar-free bread pudding in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or 350 degree F oven, until warm.
- Freeze: You can freeze the low-carb bread pudding recipe for 2-3 months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
More Cozy Keto Dessert Recipes
For even more warm and sweet flavors, try these keto recipes.
Keto Bread Pudding Recipe
Keto Bread Pudding (Easy & Sweet!)
This sugar-free keto bread pudding recipe is sweet, creamy, and so decadent, with just 5.5g net carbs! Plus, it's quick and easy — 10 minutes prep time.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
For The Keto Bread:
For The Keto Bread Pudding:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Make Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix according to the instructions on the back of the package. Slice bread and let dry for 1-2 days. (You'll use 10 1/2-inch slices for the bread pudding recipe.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
Cut the dried bread slices into 1-inch cubes. If your bread is not dry enough, you can toast the cubes in the oven at 200 degrees F (93 degrees C) for about 10 minutes. Add bread cubes to an 8×8 inch baking dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk the heavy cream, eggs, Besti, melted butter, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and lightly stir, until all pieces of bread are coated and soaking up the mixture.
Fold in the sugar-free dried cranberries.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until lightly browned.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1/12th of entire dish
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂