FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 200,000+ others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
If you can close your eyes with me for a minute… I want you to imagine how amazing your kitchen smells when you are baking this low carb keto coffee cake recipe with almond flour. This sugar-free coffee cake has a sweet cake with a “keto brown sugar” cinnamon streusel layer and it tastes as good as it smells while baking.
Serve up your keto cinnamon coffee cake with a keto bulletproof coffee or bulletproof tea for a morning treat. (Or grab a keto Starbucks drink and enjoy this cake instead of their sugar-laden ones.) It’s one of the best ways to start your day.
This almond flour coffee cake takes just 15 minutes to prep and is ready for you to devour in an hour. Don’t forget the drizzle of icing!
If you love the cinnamon and brown sugar flavors found in this easy low carb coffee cake recipe (Besti Brown Sweetener is a game changer!), you’ll love my keto cinnamon rolls recipe. It’s made with a fluffy fathead dough and a cinnamon and brown sugar filling.
How To Make Keto Coffee Cake
This easy sugar-free coffee cake recipe isn’t complicated at all, but it does take a few steps. Here’s how to make this easy keto coffee cake, with step-by-step pictures for you:
How to make keto coffee cake batter:
- Cream butter and sweetener. Use a hand mixer to beat together butter and Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, until fluffy.
- Add wet ingredients. Beat in eggs, cream, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients. Beat in Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour, baking powder, and sea salt. The batter should be thick.
How to make keto streusel:
- Stir dry ingredients. Stir together Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour, Besti Brown, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Add wet ingredients. Stir together melted butter and vanilla first, then add to the dry ingredients, until crumbly.
How to assemble almond flour coffee cake:
- Assemble layers. Spread half of the batter into your baking dish (this is the perfect size). Top with half of the streusel topping. Dollop the remaining batter over the streusel, then spread evenly. Top with remaining streusel.
- Bake. Start by baking until streusel is darker golden, then tent with aluminum foil so that it doesn’t burn. Continue baking until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
How to add icing:
- Cool. Let your keto friendly coffee cake recipe cool before adding icing, so that it doesn’t melt into the cake.
- Drizzle icing. Whisk together Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend and heavy cream, until smooth. Drizzle over the cake.
TIP: You can add more cream as needed to get the icing the right consistency. If you prefer, keto cream cheese frosting is also delicious on this cake!
Slice into a grid, and dig in!
TIP: This cookie spatula is the perfect size for removing almond flour coffee cake slices.
Keto Coffee Cake Recipe FAQs
Is almond flour coffee cake keto?
Not all almond flour coffee cake recipes are keto friendly. Even if they use almond flour, they could still use sugar-y sweeteners, like maple syrup or regular brown sugar.
This low carb coffee cake recipe is keto friendly!
How many carbs in keto coffee cake?
I cut this cake into 12 large pieces to be enough for a full keto breakfast. Even considering this, each large piece has only 5.5g net carbs.
If you want to reduce the carbs or have this alongside something else, try cutting it into 16 pieces instead, which will reduce the carbs per piece to 4.4g net carbs.
Can you use a different sweetener?
I highly recommend using a monk fruit allulose blend for baked goods as it results in the moistest texture. If you want to use something else, you can refer to the keto sweetener conversion chart to determine how much to use.
This keto coffee cake recipe uses 3 types of Besti sweetener, and some of them are easier to substitute than others. You’ll need:
- Granulated sweetener – Like monk fruit, allulose or erythritol
- Powdered Sweetener – Like powdered monk fruit (must be 1:1 like this one!), powdered allulose or powdered erythritol
- Brown Sweetener – This is really the only one that works this way, go pick it up!
Can you use coconut flour?
No, sorry! Because coconut flour soaks up so much more moisture, you would have to make multiple changes to make it work.
For the best texture and taste, it’s really best to make this coffee cake with almond flour. Be sure to use super fine almond flour like this.
If you can’t have almond flour, you can try it with sunflower seed meal. It might turn green and have a slightly different flavor.
Can you make this keto coffee cake recipe dairy free?
Yes, you can. Make the following swaps:
- Swap out the butter for your favorite butter alternative, or try this buttered-flavor coconut oil.
- Replace the heavy cream with coconut milk or almond milk.
It will have a slightly different taste and texture, but will still be delicious!
Keto Cinnamon Coffee Cake Storage Instructions
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can. This cake keeps well in the fridge.
How to store almond flour coffee cake:
Store the covered coffee cake at room temperature for 1-2 days, or in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Can you freeze sugar-free coffee cake?
Yes, you can also freeze it. Wrap individual pieces tightly in plastic wrap, then store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Take out a piece and let it thaw until it reaches room temperature before eating, or reheat it.
How to reheat keto cinnamon coffee cake:
If you want to warm up the coffee cake, heat in 300 degree F oven or briefly in the microwave, just until warm. Fortunately, it doesn’t dry out very easily, thanks to the Besti sweetener that keeps it moist.
More Sweet Keto Brunch Recipes
If you like this keto cinnamon coffee cake recipe, you might like some of these other keto breakfast recipes – which are also awesome for brunch:
- Keto Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread – The tastiest way to eat veggies in the morning, and takes just 15 minutes to prep.
- Bacon In The Oven – Can’t have brunch without bacon! This method makes a big batch fast and has a special trick to make it super crispy.
- Low Carb Banana Muffins – Bakery style muffin made with a secret ingredient to make them taste like bread without any bananas.
- Keto Coconut Flour Waffles – Just 5 minutes to prep + 5 minutes to cook this nut-free low carb breakfast option is super fluffy.
- Almond Flour Pancakes – If you like almond flour coffee cake, you’ll like almond flour pancakes, too!
Tools To Make Sugar-Free Coffee Cake:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Stoneware Baking Dish – This one is the perfect size for this low carb cinnamon coffee cake recipe.
- Hand Mixer – Super powerful and reliable, and it’s key for making the sugar-free coffee cake batter.
- Cookie Spatula – It’s not just for cookies. This one is the perfect size for the pieces of coffee cake.
Low Carb Coffee Cake Recipe With Almond Flour:
Pin it to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Get Besti Brown Keto Sweetener For Your Keto Coffee Cake!
Meet Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, the brown sugar replacement that has the moisture, color and flavor of brown sugar - with NO aftertaste & 0 net carbs!GET IT HERE
The Best Keto Coffee Cake Recipe
The best low carb keto coffee cake recipe, complete with "brown sugar" cinnamon streusel + icing! This sugar-free almond flour coffee cake is rich, moist, and incredible for brunch.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Get Keto Sweetener For This Recipe
Meet Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, the keto sweetener that tastes, bakes, dissolves, and browns just like sugar, with NO aftertaste and 0 net carbs.GET BESTI
Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Keto coffee cake batter:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (162 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch stoneware baking dish.
Beat in the eggs, cream, and vanilla.
Beat in the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt, until uniform. The batter will be fairly thick.
Spread half of the coffee cake batter evenly over the baking dish. Crumble half of the streusel (about 1.5 cups) on top. Dollop tablespoonfuls of remaining batter over the streusel, then spread evenly. Crumble remaining streusel on top.
Bake for about 25 minutes, until the streusel is darker golden. Tent the top with foil and bake for 20-30 more minutes, until the coffee cake is no longer jiggly and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Whisk together the Besti Powdered and heavy cream.
Allow the cake to cool for at least 20 minutes before drizzling with icing.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 1 piece (about 3x2.5 inches), or 1/12 entire recipe
Video Showing How To Make Keto Coffee Cake:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Coffee Cake!
Want some moral support or recipe help?
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂