This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
I drink bulletproof coffee almost daily – I love the taste and energy boost. Besides, I’m all about warming low carb drinks in these cool winter months. But later in the day, when I don’t want quite that much caffeine, keto tea is just perfect. Whether you’re cutting down on coffee, don’t like it, or just looking for other options, this keto bulletproof tea recipe is a great alternative!
What Is Bulletproof Tea?
You may have heard of Bulletproof coffee. The name is actually a brand, Bulletproof, but it’s so popular that it has been associated with the delicious coffee product they created. It’s a blend of coffee, butter, and either coconut oil or MCT oil. (Note: this is not sponsored or endorsed by the Bulletproof brand.)
But what if you’re not a coffee drinker? That’s where bulletproof tea comes in!
It’s a blend of tea, butter, and coconut oil or MCT oil. That may sound strange, but it comes out just like a keto tea latte!
My Other Low Carb Recipes:
My Other Low Carb Recipes:
Why Drink Bulletproof Tea?
Bulletproof tea has a lot of the same benefits as bulletproof coffee does: energy, mental clarity, and tasting totally delicious!
You’ll get the most benefit by using MCT oil, but there are other options:
- MCT oil – My favorite for a burst of energy, improving my focus, and adding rich flavor.
- MCT oil powder – Same benefits as MCT oil, but better for a sensitive stomach. However, it can form a film on top if the tea cools completely before you drink it.
- Coconut oil – Most cost effective and easiest to find in stores.
How To Make Keto Tea
It’s super easy to make keto tea! Simply steep the tea in hot water, then blend with butter and MCT oil.
In my experience, a half tablespoon each of butter and MCT oil is plenty. But, you can use a whole tablespoon of each if you prefer.
How do you blend it? There are two ways:
- Use a blender – The way to go for the creamiest, frothiest result.
- Use a milk frother – The quick, easy, minimal cleanup method!
Whatever you do, don’t just stir it. You’ll end up with an oily mess.
Does Bulletproof Tea Break a Fast?
Strictly speaking, yes. Consuming any calories does break a fast.
But, that doesn’t mean that drinking bulletproof tea in the morning isn’t useful. On days when I skip my coffee, I still enjoy it on its own and it keeps me full for hours. I definitely recommend it for anyone that wants to start a keto diet or low carb diet.
More Keto Breakfast Ideas:
- Easy peel hard boiled eggs
- Keto low carb pancakes
- Strawberry avocado smoothie
- Low carb blueberry muffins
Tools To Make Keto Tea:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Pique Tea Crystals – My favorite organic tea! The quality is amazing and it’s packed with antioxidants. They have so many great flavors, but I stick to black most of the time.
- Insulated glass mugs – These keep your tea warm for longer.
- Blender – A blender is the best method for making an extra frothy bulletproof tea! This one is powerful enough for virtually any kitchen task, but for simple keto tea, pretty much any kind will do.
- Milk frother – A great portable option on the go, or at the office.
More Low Carb Recipes To Love
Keto Bulletproof Tea Recipe
This keto bulletproof tea recipe is ready in minutes! It's rich and creamy like a latte, but also lighter than many keto drinks.
Click on the underlined text below to buy ingredients!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
More TIPS about this recipe in the post above!
VIDEO + NUTRITION INFO + RECIPE NOTES below!
Steep tea in hot water.
Combine tea, butter and MCT oil in a blender, and blend until creamy. Alternatively, use a milk frother in a tall mug.
Serving size: 1 recipe
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Then, share a pic on Instagram. Tag @wholesomeyumblog or #wholesomeyum!
NEED LOW CARB ESSENTIALS?
Use the buttons below to buy low carb basics! Or, click here to shop all my pantry favorites!