FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
A reader asked me for a gluten-free ginger snaps recipe in the middle of July last year, and I’ve been waiting impatiently to test it for you ever since. Since it’s getting to be that time of year, now it was the perfect opportunity to create that recipe. Let’s make some low carb ginger snaps cookies!
Gluten-free Crispy Ginger Snaps vs. Soft Ginger Snaps
Just like my other almond flour cookies, you can make gluten-free ginger snaps crispy or soft. The main difference is in the technique.
How to make crispy low carb ginger snaps:
- Make the cookies as thin as possible.
- Let the edges brown well.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
How to make gluten-free ginger snaps soft:
- Make the cookies a bit thicker.
- Don’t let the cookies get quite as dark.
- Eat the low carb ginger snap cookies while they are still warm.
- You can add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum to the recipe if you want chewier cookies.
Either way, the key to making gluten-free ginger snaps with almond flour is to use the blanched, finely ground type of almond flour. This is needed for the best texture.
Also, make sure to pack the cookie dough into your cookie scoop, otherwise they’ll crumble.
Flatten them with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass, like this:
How To Store Gluten-free Ginger Snaps Cookies
Gluten-free ginger snap cookies are just as easy to store as they are to make. Here are 3 ways to store them:
- Keep them in an airtight container on the counter or in the pantry for a few days.
- Store them in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze them for months.
If you are adding any icing or frosting, you’ll want to refrigerate within a couple hours rather than days.
More Keto Holiday Desserts
For more gluten-free low carb holiday desserts that don’t taste like they are, try these:
- Sugar-free Low Carb Gingerbread Cookies
- Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Sugar-free Keto Pecan Pie
Tools To Make Low Carb Ginger Snap Cookies:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Golden monk fruit sweetener blend – You can use any granulated sweetener for this gluten-free ginger snaps recipe, but using a golden one like this adds a brown-sugar-like flavor.
- Hand mixer – A must for creaming the butter and sweetener together.
- Baking sheet – Any baking sheet will do, but this one is both light-weight and heavy duty.
- Parchment paper sheets – These are pre-cut, so more annoying rolling edges!
- Medium cookie scoop – This scoop makes the perfect sized cookies.
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Low Carb Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps Cookies Recipe
This gluten-free ginger snaps recipe tastes like the real thing! You only need 6 ingredients and one bowl to make these easy low carb ginger snaps cookies.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a hand mixer at medium speed, cream butter and sweetener together until fluffy.
Beat in the cinnamon, ginger, sea salt, and vanilla extract.
Beat in the almond flour, 1/2 cup (64 g) at a time.
Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough and press into the scoop. Release onto the lined baking sheet and flatten using your palm. Arrange cookies at least 1.5 inches (4 cm) apart.
Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Cool completely before moving. Cookies will crisp up as they cool.
Made this recipe? Leave a rating! ★★★★★
Serving size: 1 2-inch cookie
Video Showing How To Make Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. We'd LOVE for you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe instructions to social media or websites. You may share a photo with a link back instead.