FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
A reader asked me for a gluten-free ginger snaps recipe in the middle of July last year, and I’ve been waiting impatiently to test it for you ever since. Since it’s getting to be that time of year, now it was the perfect opportunity to create that recipe. Let’s make some low carb ginger snaps cookies!
Gluten-free Crispy Ginger Snaps vs. Soft Ginger Snaps
Just like my other almond flour cookies, you can make gluten-free ginger snaps crispy or soft. The main difference is in the technique.
How to make crispy low carb ginger snaps:
- Make the cookies as thin as possible.
- Let the edges brown well.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
How to make gluten-free ginger snaps soft:
- Make the cookies a bit thicker.
- Don’t let the cookies get quite as dark.
- Eat the low carb ginger snap cookies while they are still warm.
- You can add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum to the recipe if you want chewier cookies.
Either way, the key to making gluten-free ginger snaps with almond flour is to use the blanched, finely ground type of almond flour. This is needed for the best texture.
Also, make sure to pack the cookie dough into your cookie scoop, otherwise they’ll crumble.
Flatten them with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass, like this:
How To Store Gluten-free Ginger Snaps Cookies
Gluten-free ginger snap cookies are just as easy to store as they are to make. Here are 3 ways to store them:
- Keep them in an airtight container on the counter or in the pantry for a few days.
- Store them in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze them for months.
If you are adding any icing or frosting, you’ll want to refrigerate within a couple hours rather than days.
More Keto Holiday Desserts
For more gluten-free low carb holiday desserts that don’t taste like they are, try these:
- Sugar-free Low Carb Gingerbread Cookies
- Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Sugar-free Keto Pecan Pie
Tools To Make Low Carb Ginger Snap Cookies
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – Using this specific sweetener in your gluten-free ginger snaps recipe adds an incredible brown sugar flavor, plus moisture so they aren’t dry.
- Hand mixer – A must for creaming the butter and sweetener together.
- Baking sheet – Any baking sheet will do, but this one is both light-weight and heavy duty.
- Parchment paper sheets – These are pre-cut, so more annoying rolling edges!
- Medium cookie scoop – This scoop makes the perfect sized cookies.
Low Carb Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Get Besti Brown Keto Sweetener For Your Keto Ginger Snaps!
Meet Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, the brown sugar replacement that has the moisture, color and flavor of brown sugar - with NO aftertaste & 0 net carbs!GET IT HERE
Low Carb Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps Cookies Recipe
This gluten-free ginger snaps recipe tastes like the real thing! You only need 6 ingredients and one bowl to make these easy low carb ginger snaps cookies.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a hand mixer at medium speed, cream butter and sweetener together until fluffy.
Beat in the cinnamon, ginger, sea salt, and vanilla extract.
Beat in the almond flour, 1/2 cup (64 g) at a time.
Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough and press into the scoop. Release onto the lined baking sheet and flatten using your palm. Arrange cookies at least 1.5 inches (4 cm) apart.
Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Cool completely before moving. Cookies will crisp up as they cool.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 2-inch cookie
Video Showing How To Make Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂