Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
Everyone needs a little pick-me-up once in a while — and when you’re not home to make a bulletproof coffee, Starbucks is one of the most popular places to make it happen. But the question is, are there keto friendly Starbucks drinks and food options? The answer is yes! You can easily order low carb keto Starbucks drinks (and food), as long as you know what to get and what to avoid.
Similar to ordering keto fast food, though, getting low carb drinks at Starbucks falls on a spectrum — some low carb options at Starbucks will be “cleaner” than others. (See the difference between clean and dirty keto here.) That’s okay, though! If you’re on the go and need some kind of keto option, you’ll be able to find one on the Starbucks menu. Plus, I’ve included ways to make your own keto Starbucks drinks at home, at the bottom of this post.
Formula For Ordering Keto Starbucks Drinks
There are many low carb Starbucks drinks you can order (see the list of over 35 below!), but most of them follow a basic formula by choosing from keto-friendly ingredient options:
Step 1: Choose Your Base
- Coffee – Choose hot coffee, cold brew, espresso, or iced coffee
- Tea – Plain brewed, with no sweeteners added
Step 2: Choose Your Add-Ins
- Heavy cream – Also known as heavy whipping cream. Add it plain or steamed/frothed. Half and half also works if it fits your macros.
- Cinnamon Or Cocoa Powder – A sugar-free way to add flavor.
- Sugar-free syrups & sweeteners – Sugar-free vanilla syrup, sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup, and sometimes others depending on the store. You can also find packets of sugar substitutes to mix in on your own. The ones they have contain sucralose or other fillers, so they are low carb but not clean ingredients. I usually keep a bag of Besti sweetener or natural keto coffee syrup (both taste great and dissolve effortlessly!) in my car to add my own instead.
Get Wholesome Yum Zero Sugar Coffee Syrup!
Meet Wholesome Yum Zero Sugar Coffee Syrup - it's sugar-free, 100% natural, & sweetened with Besti (a blend of monk fruit and allulose). NO aftertaste & 0 net carbs!GET IT HERE
35 Keto Starbucks Drinks To Order
When you need a pick-me-up but want to stick to keto, use this list of 35 keto Starbucks drinks to order (net carbs listed for “grande” which is medium sized)!
Hot Coffee Drinks
Prefer hot drinks? These keto friendly Starbucks drinks are perfect for those following a keto diet and brew up piping hot.
- Caffe Americano (2g Net Carbs) – Consists of espresso shots with added water, hot or iced. Order a hot or iced americano. If desired, ask for “safe” add-ins listed above. If you want to make it at home and have the equipment to make espresso, you can easily add more water to make an americano.
- Caffee Misto (2g Net Carbs) – Half coffee, half steamed milk. Order a Caffee Misto with heavy cream, 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water. If you brew coffee and froth warmed-up, keto-friendly milk with a milk frother, you could make a similar drink from home.
- Cappuccino (2g Net Carbs) – You can order a keto version of this drink, which is why it is listed here, but it will most likely not look or taste much like a cappuccino unless you substitute breve for 2% milk (which will add more carbs to your order); this version of the drink is technically called a cafe breve, but it is not listed on the official Starbucks menu. Any other milk option will not create a quality foam.
- Espresso Con Panna (4g Net Carbs) – Espresso shots with a dollop of whipped cream are delicious. Order as-is. Starbucks does not have sugar-free whipped cream, so this will be a “dirty” keto option. But if you want to make it even lower in carbs, order it with light whipped cream. If you can prepare your own shots, you can add sugar-free whipped cream on top for a great make-at-home alternative.
- Caffee Latte (2.5g Net Carbs) – This is one of my favorite keto Starbucks drinks. Ask for a grande Cafe Latte with 3/4 water and 1/4 heavy cream to lower the carbs. Then, sweeten to taste with a keto sweetener option above.
- Espresso (2g Net Carbs) – Espresso is just concentrated coffee. If you have an espresso machine, you can make your own shots at home. When ordering at Starbucks, order a Doppio Espresso as-is.
- Caramel Macchiato (4g Net Carbs) – Simply ask for an espresso macchiato. If desired, substitute the 2% milk with breve (the carb difference is negligible, though). Do not ask for almond milk or heavy cream, as they will likely not create a quality foam. To lower the carbs ask for 3 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup and a light caramel drizzle.
- Espresso Macchiato (1g Net Carbs) – With this Starbucks drink, you get a few shots of espresso with a dollop of steamed milk. To make it low carb, order a Doppio Espresso Macchiato with heavy cream instead of 2% milk. Sweeten with a keto friendly option, if desired.
- Keto White Drink (1.5g Net Carbs) – This is called a Flat White because it’s made with 2 espresso shots and milk. To make it a low carb Starbucks drink, ask for it made with 1/2 water and 1/2 heavy cream. Sweeten with a keto friendly option, if desired.
- Keto Starbucks Coffee (0g Net Carbs) – Plain black coffee is completely carb free! Ask for brewed coffee in your preferred roast. Typically, you can find blonde roast, Pike Place roast, and dark roast. If you pick up a bag of Starbucks beans, you can easily brew your own black coffee at home, too.
- Blonde Vanilla Latte (5g Net Carbs) – A Vanilla Latte is one of my favorite keto Starbucks drinks. It’s caffeinated, creamy, and packed with vanilla flavors. If you order a grande Blonde Vanilla Latte with 3/4 water and 1/4 heavy cream, 2 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup, and sweetener packets to taste, you can make it a low carb drink.
Iced Coffee Drinks
Whether you’re enjoying low carb at Starbucks or your favorite classic, these keto-friendly drinks keep you cool and refreshed.
- Keto Starbucks Iced Coffee (0g Net Carbs) – If you are aiming for no carbs, order a grande Iced Coffee plain and make sure to ask for no classic syrup. If you want to make it at home, prepare black coffee, allow to cool, and pour over ice. If you want to sweeten it, use sugar-free simple syrup, or keto coffee syrup.
- Nitro Cold Brew Coffee (0g Net Carbs) – This coffee is steeped in cold water to create a smooth slightly sweet taste. It’s already 0g net carbs, but you can jazz it up with sugar-free simple syrup, or keto coffee syrup for vanilla or hazelnut flavors. Use a cold brew coffee maker to prepare your own at home.
- Vanilla Bean Creme Frappuccino (5g Net Carbs) – To order the keto-friendly version of this drink, order a grande iced coffee with 2 splashes of heavy cream, 3 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup, no classic syrup. I recommend asking for light ice and get it double blended.
- Espresso Frappuccino (4g Net Carbs) – If you want a shot of caffeine, order a grande Espresso Frappuccino with 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water, 3 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup instead of the Frappuccino syrup, and get it double blended.
- Iced Flat White (4g Net Carbs) – Espresso gets the perfect amount of milk with the perfect amount of ice, so it’s not too strong or too creamy. Ask the barista for a grande Iced Flat White with 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water instead of whole milk to make this keto friendly.
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Nitro Cold Brew (1g Net Carbs) – Want cold brew with vanilla flavoring? Ask for a grande Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew with a splash of heavy cream and 2 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup.
- Double Shot On Ice (1.5g Net Carbs) – A Double Shot On Ice is basically 3 shots of espresso with milk and sugar over ice, but you’ll skip the sugar for the keto version. Order a grande Double Shot On Ice with NO classic syrup and 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water. Mix in 2-4 sweetener packets, if desired.
- Iced Shaken Espresso (4g Net Carbs) – This is basically an espresso with milk. To order it on a keto diet, ask for a grande Iced Shaken Espresso with 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water and 2 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup instead of classic syrup. Then, sweeten with a Whole Earth packet for extra flavor.
- Iced Toasted Oatmilk Shaken Espresso (5g Net Carbs) – This drink comes with blonde espresso, oatmilk, and toasted vanilla syrup. To make it keto friendly, I order it with 4 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup instead of toasted vanilla, and ask for half oatmilk and half heavy cream.
- Iced Caffe Americano (2g Net Carbs) – Just as you would order a hot Americano, simply order a grande Iced Caffee Americano for a low carb Starbucks drink option.
- Iced Caffe Latte (2g Net Carbs) – If you want low carb, a plain latte (with a keto friendly milk option) is the way to go. Order a grande Iced Caffe Latte with 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water. Sweeten if desired.
- Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte (4g Net Carbs) – To make this vanilla latte fit a keto diet, order a grande Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte with 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water instead of 2% and 3 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup.
Tea & Other Drinks
If you prefer tea over coffee — or just want to take a break from a classic cup of joe — these are the best keto friendly Starbucks drinks for tea drinkers.
- Royal English Breakfast Tea (2g Net Carbs) – The classic version is a brewed English breakfast tea with steamed milk, sugar syrup, and a layer of foam. This drink comes hot or iced. To make it a keto Starbucks drink, substitute 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water instead of regular milk and sugar-free syrup instead of “classic” syrup. Make it at home with English breakfast tea, warmed and frothed keto milk of your choice, and either homemade sugar-free simple syrup or pre-made keto simple syrup.
- Keto London Fog (4g Net Carbs) – This is a brewed earl grey tea with steamed milk and vanilla syrup, and comes hot or iced. Ask for a London Fog, but substitute 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water instead of regular milk, and sugar-free vanilla syrup instead of regular. For a similar drink at home, steep earl grey tea in warmed keto milk, froth it, and add natural sugar-free vanilla coffee syrup.
- Keto London Fog Tea Latte (2g Net Carbs) – For a creamier London Fog, ask for a Royal English Breakfast Tea Latte with 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water instead of regular milk and 3 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup.
- Emperor’s Clouds & Mist (0g Net Carbs) – This slightly sweet green tea is naturally zero carbs. Sweeten if desired.
- Mint Majesty (0g Net Carbs) – Mint Majesty is a hot tea that’s already low carb. Simply order a grande size and sweeten to taste.
- Starbucks Keto Pink Drink (5g Net Carbs) – Have you heard of this viral drink? It’s a caffeinated strawberry acai juice base, with added coconut milk and freeze dried strawberries. To make it a keto Starbucks drink, ask for unsweetened iced passion tango tea, no “classic” syrup, 4 pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup, light heavy cream, and no water. Or, make my copycat Starbucks Pink Drink at home.
- Iced Black Tea (0g Net Carbs) – Iced Black Tea is already a keto friendly Starbucks drink. Order it as it is and add a keto sweetener if you like.
- Chai Tea Latte (4.5g Net Carbs) – It’s incredibly easy to make a Chai Tea Latte into a low carb Starbucks drink. Order a grande Teavana tea with 2 bags of chai tea in hot water, 2 splashes of heavy cream, 2 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
- Jade Citrus Mint Tea (0g Net Carbs) – Another delicious hot tea is the Jade Citrus Mint Tea. It’s naturally zero carbs, so feel free to order it just as it is.
- Iced Passion Tango Tea (0g Net Carbs) – Passion Tango Tea is another delicious iced tea with no carbs. Just make sure it comes unsweetened. Order it over ice and use a keto friendly sweetener, if desired.
- Chai Tea (0g Net Carbs) – Regular Chai Tea is another low carb Starbucks drink because it’s naturally carb free. Order it, and then sweeten with your keto sweetener of choice.
- Teavana Sparkling Unsweetened Peach Nectarine Tea (1g Net Carbs) – This delicious tea with a slightly peach flavor comes in a bottle, so just order it as it is. (They also have an unsweetened peach citrus white tea.)
- Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea (0.9g Net Carbs) – Say that you’d like a hot tea made with equal parts of Teavana teas (peach and citrus mint), steamed lemonade, and honey. Or, simply make my copycat medicine ball tea at home!
Tips For Low Carb Starbucks Drinks
Starbucks can be a keto-friendly place to get your caffeine fix, but it’s important to know which drinks and foods to avoid. Here are some tips for sticking to your keto diet at Starbucks!
- Swap ingredients. You probably know that you should avoid sugar, sweet syrups, and regular milk. (See the full list below for what to avoid on keto at Starbucks.) But, you can swap milk, sugar and syrups with keto-friendly add-ins.
- Check the online menu. If you’re concerned about ingredients or nutrition information, Starbucks provides comprehensive lists online.
- Order in the app. If you have a complicated order (or you’re just worried you’ll ask for the wrong thing), I highly recommend you use the Starbucks app! It’s one of the easiest ways to make sure your keto Starbucks order is correct.
Starbucks Keto Food Options
It’s not just for drinks… Starbucks is a great place to get keto food on the go. Here are some of the best low carb Starbucks food options.
- String Cheese – Starbucks string cheese is naturally low carb. It comes in individual sized packets, so it’s a perfect portion controlled grab-and-go snack. Find it in the cold case. Or, you can grab any combination of meats and keto cheeses for a super low carb snack at home.
- Packaged Nuts – Get nuts in the unrefrigerated areas near the cold case. Avoid any varieties with dried fruit, bars with nuts, or chocolate covered nuts. Find a full list of keto nuts here.
- Avocado Spread – Starbucks makes their avocado spread with a guacamole-like blend of avocado, spices, and lime juice. With 5g net carbs, you can order it just as it is. You can always make your own guacamole at home!
- Egg Bites – Starbucks offers a variety of low carb egg bites. They are gluten-free, but do contain some fillers, so they range 9-11g net carbs per serving of two bites. Choose between Kale & Mushroom, Bacon & Gruyere, or Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper. You can also make egg bites yourself, with no added starch and fewer carbs!
Drinks & Foods To Avoid
If you’re trying to stick to a ketogenic diet, here are some Starbucks drinks and foods you’ll want to avoid:
- Milk: Including all dairy milk (whole, nonfat, 2%), coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, and oat milk. (Coconut milk and almond milk are usually great keto options, but the ones at Starbucks have added sugar.) Also avoid any kind of latte, unless you request substituting heavy cream for the milk.
- Whipped cream: This contains a lot of added sugar. If you decide to make keto Starbucks drinks at home, you can add sugar-free whipped cream.
- Common sweet drinks: Such as Frappuccinos, mochas, chai lattes, steamers, cloud drinks, or violet drinks.
- Added sweeteners (except sugar-free syrups): Avoid regular syrups, caramel, white chocolate, or honey.
- Fancy toppings: Such as chocolate shavings, cookie crumbles, or specialty “foams”.
- Lemonades, juices, or smoothies: All of these contain a lot of sugar.
- Most foods, with the exception of keto Starbucks foods above: Avoid sandwiches, wraps, bakery items, snack bars, chips, popcorn, candy, yogurt, etc. In general, avoid bread.
- Skinny drinks: Although the name may trip you up, skinny drinks are not keto-friendly. Skinny just means that it is made with fat free milk and sugar free syrup. But, they are quite high in carbs.
This looks like a long list, but rest assured — there are so many keto friendly Starbucks drinks you can have (see the list above!), that you won’t miss out on anything. If that’s not enough, see the recipes below to make your own.
8 Easy Keto Starbucks Drinks Recipes
If you want to skip the trip to the cafe (and the artificial sweeteners), you can make these keto friendly Starbucks drinks at home instead. They’re easy to make and they’ll help you stick to your keto diet. Plus, these keto Starbucks recipes are delicious!
Smooth and sweet, without the sugary additives. This pink drink is easy to make at home!
Make this easy keto iced coffee in plain, vanilla or hazelnut flavors! Done in just 2 minutes.
Perfect for Fall, this keto pumpkin spice latte tastes just like the Starbucks drink. You’ll never know it’s sugar-free!
Just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes! This green tea frappe is part dessert, part coffee-house drink, and so delicious!
Sweet, creamy, and chocolatey, but keto friendly. This recipe takes just 5 minutes.
Make vanilla, hazelnut, pumpkin spice, or chocolate sugar-free creamer. Only takes 10 minutes!
This classic keto coffee is so easy to make at home. With 3 simple ingredients, this coffee takes just 2 minutes to make!
These egg bites taste just like Starbucks. Learn how to make bacon gruyere and other flavors.
Do you have other keto Starbucks drinks you like to order, or ones you make at home? Leave a comment below and share with me!