This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Ready to enjoy iced coffee on keto again? You totally can! This keto iced coffee recipe looks at tastes just like the real deal, without all the sugar. I’ll also show you how to order keto iced coffee at Starbucks if you’re on the go, plus how to make this super easy (and much cleaner) low carb iced coffee in just a few minutes. Bulletproof coffee may be the most popular, but there’s a whole world of other keto coffee ideas waiting for you!
The key to making flavorful iced coffee on keto is all in the sweetener. I use Wholesome Yum Keto Coffee Syrups because they stir in smoothly and taste just like the ones at the coffee shop, all with 0 net carbs and no sucralose like the coffee house sugar-free syrups have!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Iced Coffee Recipe
If you like fancy coffee drinks, this iced keto coffee is the perfect drink choice.
Quick low carb iced coffee recipe overview:
- What does low carb iced coffee taste like? This drink combines rich coffee taste and vanilla or hazelnut flavors, with a lightly creamy mouthfeel.
- Is it easy to make? This DIY keto iced coffee is one of the easiest drinks you can make! It only takes a few ingredients.
- How much time will I need? As long as you have ice on hand, this keto friendly iced coffee takes just 2 minutes!
Low Carb Iced Coffee Ingredients
Besides ice, it takes just 3 ingredients to make your iced coffee keto:
- Coffee – Use your favorite brew, but make sure it’s room temperature so the ice doesn’t melt so fast.
- Heavy cream – I like grass-fed varieties for better taste, but any heavy cream works. For a paleo or non-dairy option, use coconut or almond milk.
- Keto Coffee Syrup – This is my all time favorite way to sweeten keto iced coffee at home. It has squeaky clean ingredients, natural sweeteners, and no added net carbs! Or, use a splash of one of my keto coffee creamers such as peppermint mocha for a bit more flavor and creaminess.
The syrup comes in 3 flavors:
- Flavorless – If you prefer your coffee without any flavor, you can substitute keto simple syrup instead.
The ingredient amounts are on the recipe card below.
How To Make Iced Coffee On Keto
Never made low carb iced coffee before? It’s easy!
- Pour coffee. Fill a glass with ice cubes and add room temperature brewed coffee.
- Add cream. Pour cream into the glass. Look at those pretty streaks!
- Sweeten. Pour keto coffee syrup into the glass and stir to combine.
Tips For The Best Keto Iced Coffee
Now that you know how to make keto iced coffee, make sure you keep these tips in mind for the best drinking experience.
1. Use room temperature coffee
It’s tempting to pour fresh, hot coffee into your glass, but don’t do it! Hot coffee will melt your ice much faster and make a more watery drink. Brew your coffee and allow it to come to room temperature first (or even let it chill in the refrigerator overnight).
2. Use the cleanest keto coffee syrup
While other coffee syrups might fit your macros, most are not very clean since they contain artificial sweeteners like sucralose, or fake colors and flavors.
This coffee syrup is the most keto friendly of all at 0 net carbs, plus it only uses natural sweeteners. It makes the ultimate easy keto iced coffee!
3. Adjust to your tastes, but watch macros
The best part about coffee is how easy it is to customize! Swap in a different keto milk, use extra sweetener, or pour in less (or more) coffee. Just keep in mind that these ingredient swaps can alter the carbs in iced coffee.
Since this keto iced coffee recipe takes just minutes to prep, it’s best to make it fresh. Storing it in the refrigerator will cause the ice to eventually melt and water down the drink.
However, you can make the brewed coffee ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until it’s ready to use in the recipe.
Can you freeze iced coffee?
Freezing is not recommended, as iced coffee would take a long time to thaw, and still end up watery. If you want a frozen coffee drink, you can just make it fresh and blend it, or try my iced coffee protein shake recipe.
How To Order A Keto Iced Coffee At Starbucks
It’s easy to order a keto Starbucks iced coffee like the one you see here. Say, “I would like a grande iced coffee, unsweetened, with four pumps sugar free vanilla syrup and a splash of heavy cream.” A tall size gets 3 pumps standard, while a venti gets 6 pumps, so adjust accordingly based on the size you prefer.
Of course, this isn’t the only way to order it, so if you don’t want to give up your favorite coffee shop, check my list of keto Starbucks drinks for more ideas.
But the problem with iced coffee keto Starbucks drinks is that the flavor options are more limited, the sweeteners are artificial, and you have less control over factors like how much milk really gets added to the cup. That means Starbucks iced coffee carbs can be higher than you realize.
Sure, Starbucks keto iced coffee works when you’re in a total rush… but the homemade version below only takes 2 minutes, uses cleaner ingredients, and offers more flavors. I hope you’ll try it!
What To Serve With Keto Iced Coffee
If you make this keto iced coffee recipe at home, complete the coffee shop feeling with a light, cafe-style pastry, such as:
- Keto Croissants – Includes a melty chocolate hazelnut center!
- Maple Pecan Scones – These buttery scones come with their own maple-infused glaze.
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins – All the warm goodness of banana bread… with a secret ingredient that tastes just like bananas.
- Fathead Cinnamon Rolls – The perfect ooey, gooey pairing with low carb iced coffee!
More Low Carb Coffee Recipes
- Whipped Dalgona Coffee – A keto take on the viral recipe, complete with delicate coffee foam.
- Iced Coffee Protein Shake – A frosty way to get your coffee fix, with a boost of protein.
- Keto Bulletproof Coffee – A hot, frothy drink loaded with healthy fats.
- Keto Coffee Creamer – Make it in 5 different flavors, all sugar free.
Tools To Make Iced Coffee
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Drinking Glasses – These make your keto iced coffee look too pretty to drink… almost!
- Travel Mug – If you need to take your low carb iced coffee on the go, use this pretty glass travel mug, complete with straw.
How To Make Sugar Free Iced Coffee
Keto Iced Coffee Recipe (Plain + Flavored!)
Yes, you can have sweet iced coffee on keto, in just 2 minutes! See how with this low carb keto iced coffee recipe in plain, vanilla, or hazelnut flavors.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place ice cubes into a glass.
Add coffee, cream, and Keto Coffee Syrup. Stir and enjoy!
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 iced coffee (entire recipe)
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂