FREE: 5 SECRETS TO FAST HEALTHY DINNERSGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Are Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites?
- Can You Make Sous Vide Egg Bites In The Instant Pot?
- How To Make Sous Vide Egg Bites In The Instant Pot
- Flavor Variations For Egg Bites
- How Many Carbs Are In Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites?
- Can You Freeze At Home Sous Vide Egg Bites?
- More Keto Egg Breakfast Recipes
- Tools To Make Copycat Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe
My family has had a weekly tradition of getting Starbucks sous vide egg bites ever since my kids started swim class on Sundays last year. (By the way, see our ideas for keto Starbucks drinks here.) The bites are relatively low carb at 9 grams carbs per serving, but could be much lower considering there are no veggies involved. So when my good friend explained to me how to make sous video egg bites at home, I decided to try my hand at an Instant Pot sous video egg bites recipe!
With just 4 ingredients and being mostly hands-off, these copycat Starbucks egg bites are ready in less than 20 minutes. They’re an easy way to meal prep your healthy breakfast quickly.
Plus, they are easy to customize with your favorite flavors. I’ll show you how to make sous vide egg bites in the Instant Pot with my personal favorite – bacon and gruyere cheese!Disclaimer: Starbucks may be a registered trademark. This recipe is my interpretation of a similar dish, but is not to be construed as an endorsement of the company or having been endorsed by the company. There is no affiliation between myself and the company. Trademark remains the property of its owner and is used here only to describe the product.
What Are Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites?
These sous vide egg bites are small egg souffles made in the Instant Pot! The Starbucks egg bites made these mini egg bites super popular, and they turned out to be a great low carb breakfast idea on-the-go.
Real sous vide is a cooking method that involves cooking a sealed pouch of food in a water bath, at low temperature, for an extended period of time. But since it requires special equipment, I opted to make these in my Instant Pot instead, like my friend recommended.
Can You Make Sous Vide Egg Bites In The Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make sous vide egg bites in the Instant Pot!
And it’s a great way to make them. Your egg bites sous vide Instant Pot recipe will turn out perfectly each and every time, without needing to buy extra equipment.
Mine might not be as pretty as Starbucks sous vide egg bites, but they are just as delicious, with fewer carbs.
How To Make Sous Vide Egg Bites In The Instant Pot
This Starbucks sous vide egg bites recipe is an easy way to prep a healthy, keto breakfast that’s perfectly portable and super delicious.
Here’s how to make sous vide egg bites in the Instant Pot:
- Grease the egg bite mold. Use butter or olive oil spray to ensure that the bites pop out easily when they are done cooking.
- Lay down bacon. Stack bacon slices and cut them in half. Then place two pieces of bacon side-by-side into the bottom of the mold, curving them up the sides.
- Blend the Starbucks egg bites sous vide mixture. Blend eggs, cheese, cream, water, sea salt, and pepper, until frothy.
- Pour egg mixture into the molds, filling them to the top. Cover tightly with foil.
- Cook the sous vide egg bites in the Instant Pot. Pour water into the bottom of the pressure cooker and place the trivet inside. Carefully place the egg bite mold onto trivet. Close the lid, set valve to seal, then cook on high pressure for 9 minutes. Wait 5 minutes for natural release, then flip to quick release for any remaining pressure. The egg bites will be done when you open the lid!
- Cool the Instant Pot sous vide egg bites. Lift trivet out of pressure cooker with oven mitts – be careful, it’s very hot! Let them cool for 5 minutes (they will shrink a bit making them easier to remove), then flip the mold over a plate and pop egg bites out.
Flavor Variations For Egg Bites
My favorite flavor for Starbucks egg bites is bacon gruyere, so that’s what I made! But you can easily customize these to your liking. Here are some ideas for add-ins:
- Vegetables – Try adding broccoli, cauliflower, or bell peppers.
IMPORTANT: Cook the vegetables first. The easiest way would be to cook them under pressure right in the Instant Pot for just 1 minute (so fast!). Chop up what you need for the bites and save the rest for another use. You’ll want to stir the veggies into the egg mixture after blending (or just place them into the molds before adding the egg mixture), but avoid actually blending them.
- Cheese – Swap the gruyere with mozzarella, cheddar, pepper jack.
- Meat – Replace the bacon with sausage or diced ham instead.
If you have your own favorite flavor, let me know how you like them in the comments!
How Many Carbs Are In Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites?
The Starbucks sous vide egg bites have between 9-11 grams carbohydrates, depending on the variety.
My Instant Pot sous vide egg bites recipe has just 1 gram carbohydrate per serving! The Starbucks egg bites are great for convenience, but my recipe is great if you’re looking for a keto version. Plus, making them at home helps you save.
Can You Freeze At Home Sous Vide Egg Bites?
Yes, you can freeze Instant Pot sous vide egg bites. Place them in the freezer once they are completely cool and freeze on a cookie sheet. Once they are solid, you can transfer to a freezer bag.
When you’re ready to eat, microwave or heat in the oven, until warm.
More Keto Egg Breakfast Recipes
Obviously I love eggs as a low carb and keto breakfast option. And what’s not to love? Protein. Fat. No carbs. Super filling.
You can find all of my keto breakfast recipes here, but check out a few of my favorite egg recipes:
- Egg Stuffed Avocado – Eggs + avocado…is there a better breakfast? Or lunch. Or snack. Or dinner. Obsessed with this combo!
- Perfect Baked Hard Boiled Eggs – The best guide to perfect hard-boiled eggs, no matter how you like them.
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole – This keto breakfast casserole is so filling and the sausage adds so much flavor. Make it for an easy brunch or meal prep it for healthy breakfasts all week long.
- Egg Muffins – These egg muffins are packed with protein, veggies, and are portable, just like these sous vide egg bites in the Instant Pot.
Tools To Make Copycat Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Blender – Using a high-speed blender will help make this sous vide egg bites recipe extra-fluffy.
- Silicone Egg Bite Molds – Mandatory for these Instant Pot sous vide egg bites.
- Instant Pot – A must for this Starbucks egg bites recipe without a sous vide machine… and so much faster, too.
Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe
This 4-ingredient, easy Instant Pot sous vide egg bites recipe is just like Starbucks! See how to make sous vide egg bites in the Instant Pot, including bacon gruyere and other flavors.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Grease a silicone egg bite mold with butter or olive oil.
Stack the bacon slices and cut them in half. Place 2 pieces of bacon side-by-side into the bottom of the mold, curving up the sides.
Blend the eggs, cheese, cream, 2 tablespoons (29 ml) water, sea salt, and black pepper in a blender at high speed, until smooth and a bit frothy. (Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer in a bowl.)
Pour the egg mixture evenly into the molds. Cover the mold tray tightly with foil.
Pour 1 cup (236 ml) of water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet with handles inside. Carefully place the egg bite mold onto the trivet. Close the lid, set the steam valve to Seal, press the Manual button, and set the time to 9 minutes at High pressure.
When time is up, wait for 5 minutes of natural steam release, then flip the valve to do a Quick Release for any remaining pressure.
Use oven mitts to lift the trivet out of the pressure cooker. Remove the foil and allow them to cool for 5 minutes (they will shrink), then flip the mold over a plate and pop out.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 egg bite
Video Showing How To Make Sous Vide Egg Bites:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Sous Vide Egg Bites!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂