This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
What would you put in a keto sandwich? If you’re leaning towards sweet over savory, keto peanut butter and jelly is it! This keto sandwich recipe features my Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix (have you tried it yet?!), sugar-free jelly, and peanut butter. It’s a simple, satisfying, and delicious low carb sandwich.
And when you’re looking for more keto sandwich ideas to make with your freshly made bread, I’m sharing a few below.
Keto sandwich recipes don’t have to be complicated, and my favorite low carb bread mix makes it even easier! I spent months getting this bread mix just right so that it’s the perfect blend of white, fluffy, and chewy, complete with air pockets.
Keto Peanut Butter And Jelly Ingredients
This sandwich is simple and made with just a few ingredients, plus the keto sandwich fillings.
For the bread:
- Wholesome Yum Bread Mix – This low carb bread is made with real food ingredients and specially designed to be light and fluffy.
- Butter – I recommend grass-fed butter for the best flavor, but any kind that’s unsalted will do.
- Eggs – Large size.
- Unsweetened almond milk – You really use any keto milk here, but I always have almond milk on hand, so it’s what I typically use.
For the filling:
- Peanut butter – Look for an all-natural, no-sugar peanut butter like this one. Many peanut butters are sweetened or contain inflammatory oils.
- Keto jelly – Just like the real thing, and totally makes this healthy keto sandwich. You only need 3 ingredients to make it!
How To Make A Keto Sandwich With Peanut Butter And Jelly
Obviously a keto peanut butter and jelly sandwich isn’t too complicated, but I will walk you through how to make my bread mix!
Before you start on the bread, make the keto jelly recipe early enough so that it has time to chill and set. It needs to be at least 5-6 hours in advance, or to be safe, the day before.
Make keto bread
- Cream butter. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the butter until it’s pale and super fluffy. This helps create air pockets in the bread later on.
- Add eggs and milk. Make sure they are room temp, so they don’t solidify the butter.
- Add Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix. Beat this in gradually using your mixer.
- Transfer. Spoon the batter into a parchment lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake. Place in the oven and let it bake until golden brown.
Make keto peanut butter and jelly
- Combine. Stack the bread slices, slice in half, and enjoy! (These are very filling so half is usually enough.)
Many keto sandwich recipes store very well. This one can be made a day in advance and stored in the fridge.
Keto Friendly PB&J FAQs
Is peanut butter and jelly keto?
No, most peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are NOT keto, as they are made with flour-based breads and sugar-sweetened jelly.
Can I use a different bread?
Can I use a different jelly?
Of course! You can try my strawberry chia seed jam or use your favorite sugar-free jam or jelly.
More Keto Sandwich Recipes
Need more keto sandwich ideas? Try out one of these healthy low carb sandwiches for a simple lunch or dinner:
- Keto BLT – Just 3 grams net carbs per sandwich. Add extra bacon if you like. 😉
- Keto Reuben – It’s hard to believe this sandwich has less than 6 grams of net carbs! It has all of the flavors you love: smoky corned beef, gooey swiss cheese, tangy sauerkraut, and sweet dressing.
- Keto Grilled Cheese – Toasted bread surrounds a thick layer of melty cheese. Just like you had as a kid!
- Keto Turkey Sandwich – And for another classic sandwich turned keto, slather avocado mayo onto bread and layer with deli turkey, bibb lettuce leaves, and a slice of tomato.
Tools To Make a Low Carb Sandwich
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Bread Pan – This is the bread pan that I use to make the keto bread mix in. It’s the perfect size.
- Hand Mixer – This mixer is easily stored in the cabinets when not in use and does everything a stand mixer does.
- Sandwich Storage Container – Take your low carb sandwich on-the-go with this container. (It’s a 3-pack!)
Keto Sandwich Recipe (PB&J)
Keto Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich
You'd never know this keto sandwich recipe with peanut butter and jelly is low carb! Fluffy, chewy white bread, sweet sugar-free jelly, and creamy peanut butter make this one of the best keto sandwich ideas.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
PB & J:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Make white keto bread according to instructions on the keto bread mix package. (See step-by-step photos in the blog post.) Cool completely, then slice into 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) slices.
Spread 2 tablespoons (32 g) of peanut butter on a slice of bread. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons (24 g) jelly on another slice of bread.
Combine the two slices of bread into a sandwich. Repeat with whatever number of sandwiches you want.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1/2 keto peanut butter and jelly sandwich
The entire loaf makes 16 slices, enough for 8 whole sandwiches. They are very filling, so a serving is half. Feel free to make fewer sandwiches at a time, of course.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂