Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
When you want dessert, but also want to stay keto and don’t feel like baking? Keto buckeyes to the rescue! These chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are made with nutritious peanut butter and peanut flour, making it healthy enough for a snack, but the peanut butter and chocolate flavors make it feel like dessert. These two flavors pair well in everything from smoothies to pies, so here’s another recipe you’ll want to add to your collection.
You may remember all the benefits of fat bombs for a keto diet from when I first published my chocolate fat bombs recipe. Since then I’ve made cheesecake fat bombs, and now, these no bake chocolate peanut butter fat bombs. I recommend keeping a stash of one of them in the freezer at all times!
These keto buckeyes are made with Besti Powdered Monk Fruit, which makes them totally smooth (no grittiness here!) and has no cooling effect like most keto sweeteners do. They’re a lot like my keto peanut butter fudge, with a delicious dip in chocolate!
What Are Peanut Butter Chocolate Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs are the ultimate keto treat… or snack… or dessert. You decide! They are called fat bombs because they contain a healthy dose of fat, which can be very helpful if you’re finding your fat macro goals hard to reach.
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
These keto peanut butter chocolate fat bombs take just 30 minutes to make + time for the buckeyes to chill. Here’s how we make them:
1. Form peanut butter balls.
- Mix peanut base. In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, melted butter, vanilla, and sea salt. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add sweetener and flour. Beat in Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend and peanut flour, until thick and uniform. Adjust salt to taste.
TIP: Chill peanut butter batter here if needed. If the mixture is too sticky or thin, chilling will firm it up.
- Form peanut butter balls. Wash your hands with cold water to cool them off. Using an extra small cookie scoop, scoop out peanut butter mixture, roll into a ball, and place balls on lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm.
TIP: Work quickly when shaping the balls and don’t handle them too much, so they don’t melt or become hard to work with.
2. Dip in chocolate.
- Melt chocolate chips. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or the microwave until melted and smooth.
- Dip keto buckeye balls in chocolate. Place a toothpick in the center of the ball and dip each ball into the melted chocolate, leaving a small area of peanut butter showing on the top. Place balls back onto the baking sheet, remove toothpick, and smooth over holes with your fingers.
TIP: If you have extra chocolate, drizzle it over the top.
- Chill. They are done when the chocolate is set.
Keto Buckeyes FAQs
Can you make these peanut-free?
Can you use different chocolate?
Can you use a different sweetener?
I prefer using Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend in these low carb buckeyes for the best texture, but you could also use powdered allulose or powdered erythritol – the important thing is that it’s powdered or you’ll end up with gritty buckeyes.
Are chocolate peanut butter fat bombs keto?
Most fat bomb recipes are keto, but you would always want to double check the exact recipe. Many use keto nuts, but some go overboard on servings or use nuts that have too many carbs.
In this recipe, yes, they are keto! Each chocolate peanut fat bomb has just 1.2 grams net carbs, making it a perfect snack or treat.
Storage Instructions For Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Can you make them ahead?
Yes, these keto chocolate peanut butter fat bombs can be made ahead, as they need time to chill anyway.
How to store keto friendly buckeyes:
Store the buckeyes in the refrigerator for about a week… if they last that long!
Can you freeze them?
You can also freeze them for 3-4 months. Freeze them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and once frozen solid, you can transfer to a freezer bag.
More Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Recipes
If you like this chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe, you might also like some of my other peanut butter and chocolate recipes:
- Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars – Layers of shortbread, peanut butter, and chocolate. Just 3.7 net carbs!
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake – The BEST keto peanut butter cheesecake with pb cups. Yasss.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie – This delicious and healthy smoothie takes just 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to make.
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse – Drizzle it with chocolate on top!
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies – The best texture, no oven required. Made with just 5 ingredients.
Tools To Make Easy Keto Buckeyes
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Glass Nesting Bowls – No need to buy a double boiler, just use a glass bowl over a saucepan! This bowl set has 10 different sizes, so you’ll find one that works for the pans you have – and I use one of these bowls every day.
- Extra Small Cookie Scoop – This scoop helps shape the keto friendly chocolate peanut butter fat bombs easily and quickly, and it’s a smaller size than most, making it ideal for this recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (Keto Buckeyes)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (Keto Buckeyes)
Keto chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are a healthy low carb snack or treat with just 1.2g net carbs each! These keto buckeyes need just 6 simple ingredients.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Peanut Butter Balls:
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Beat in Besti and peanut flour, until smooth. Adjust salt to taste.
If the mixture is too sticky or thin to work with, refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm up.
Wash your hands with cold water to cool them off. Use an extra small cookie scoop (this one is the ideal size) to scoop the peanut butter mixture, shape the balls as needed, and place onto the lined baking sheet. Work quickly and avoid touching the balls too much, or they’ll melt.
Refrigerate the peanut butter balls for about 20 minutes, until firm.
Chocolate Dip Layer:
Place the chocolate chips into a double boiler on the stove (I used a small glass bowl over a saucepan with water in it). Heat the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth.
Place a toothpick into the center of each peanut butter ball. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate, leaving a small area of peanut butter showing at the top. Place back onto the baking sheet, remove the toothpicks, and smooth over the holes with your fingers.
Optional step: If you have chocolate left, you can drizzle it over the top of the sugar-free buckeyes.
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is firm.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1 chocolate peanut butter fat bomb
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂