FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Is there a better combo than peanut butter and chocolate? I’m here with a new keto dessert recipe that you are bound to love if you enjoy this classic combination as much as I do. No Bake Peanut Butter Pie. It’s as delectable as it sounds. It has a few names: low carb peanut butter pie, keto peanut butter pie, sugar-free peanut butter pie, frozen peanut butter pie… but they all mean the same thing. TONS of decadent peanut butter flavor in a creamy, cold dessert that’s sure to impress.
It’s sugar-free and super low in carbs (just 7 grams net carbs per slice!), but truly a dessert that everyone (no matter if they are low carb or not) will love. Which means there isn’t a bad time to make it.
This keto peanut butter pie recipe was originally published on June 21, 2019, but the cookies used in the original post (for the pie crust) are no longer available. The post was republished in August 2020 to update the ingredients with ones currently available and to answer some additional recipe questions.
How To Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
This low carb peanut butter pie recipe has a few steps, but they all come together quickly and easily! The prep time takes about 15 minutes, with some chilling and freezing time in between.
- Make the frozen peanut butter pie crust. Process peanut butter and double chocolate cookies in a food processor, until crumbly. Then, add butter and powdered allulose and process again, until the mixture is crumbly and uniform.
TIP: Stick to powdered sweetener, not granulated. Since this is a no bake peanut butter crust, it might be a bit grainy if you use granulated.
- Chill the dough. Then press into pie pan and freeze crust for 20 minutes.
- Mix up the healthy peanut butter pie filling. Using a mixer, beat together peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered allulose. Beat in vanilla and heavy cream, until the filling reaches the consistency of frosting.
- Make whipped cream. Beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form…
…Then gently fold whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Fill the crust and freeze. Use a spatula to spread the filling over the pie crust, then freeze for at least an hour.
TIP: If you freeze it for too long and it gets rock hard, just let it sit on the counter until it’s soft enough to cut but still firm.
- Add toppings. These are optional, but make the pie look really pretty! I topped mine with more crumbled peanut butter and chocolate cookies to add a little crunch… so good! A drizzle of melted peanut butter or sugar-free chocolate would also be delicious.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Pie FAQs
Is peanut butter pie healthy?
This gluten free chocolate peanut butter pie is decadent and rich, but has great nutrition stats. Each slice has 314 calories and just 7 grams net carbs.
Can I use a different sweetener?
I highly recommend Besti powdered allulose for the best low carb peanut butter pie. If you don’t have it, my keto sweeteners guide has a conversion calculator included – use that to find out how much to use of whatever sweetener you have. Just make sure it’s powdered.
What kind of cookies can I use for the crust?
The cookies I used for this pie when I first made it in 2019 are no longer available. I now recommend these cookies (combination of double chocolate and peanut butter flavors!), and the recipe card below has the right amount of these to use. Enter code WHOLESOMEYUM for 15% off the cookies.
Is there another crust option without using cookies?
Sure! You can make almond flour pie crust instead, with the same filling. To make it a no-bake crust, replace the egg with an additional 2 tablespoons ghee or butter.
Keto Peanut Butter Pie Storage Instructions
Can you make frozen peanut butter pie ahead?
Yes, you need to make this keto peanut butter pie ahead so that it has time to properly chill.
How to store low carb peanut butter pie
This low carb peanut butter pie is best stored in the freezer. You want the filling to stay firm, and the freezer is the best for that.
When you’re ready to serve, pull it out and let it sit on the counter for a few minutes before slicing into it.
Can you freeze peanut butter pie?
Yes, this no bake peanut butter pie recipe can be frozen, in fact, it’s meant to be frozen! Because we aren’t baking anything in this pie, we freeze the crust before adding the filling and then we freeze the whole pie until its firm.
More Low Carb Keto Dessert Recipes
One can never have too many low carb keto dessert recipes, don’t you agree? If you like this sugar-free peanut butter pie recipe, you might also like these:
- Keto Peanut Butter Fudge – Because I know you love peanut butter!
- Keto Sugar-Free Chocolate Pudding – Super creamy and decadent, with no artificial thickeners.
- Homemade Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – The most requested, classic keto cookie recipe ever! Soft and chewy.
- Keto No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake – My other favorite no bake keto dessert.
Tools To Make Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Pie:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- 14-Cup Food Processor – This kitchen work horse is great for turning cauliflower into rice, and yes, easy no bake peanut butter pie crust.
- Hand Held Mixer – I prefer a hand mixer to a bulky mixer, this one works great and turns heavy whipping cream into whipped cream in minutes. The filling for no bake peanut butter pie with cream cheese, gets light and fluffy just like frosting.
- Pie Plate – Obviously necessary for this frozen peanut butter pie with cream cheese recipe!
- Keto Cookies – The key ingredient in the chocolate peanut butter pie crust! Use this link and enter code WHOLESOMEYUM for 15% off.
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
No Bake Frozen Keto Low Carb Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Once you see how to make keto low carb peanut butter pie, you'll be hooked! This easy, frozen no bake peanut butter pie recipe is rich and decadent, but sugar-free.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Crust:
Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Pie Filling:
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place the cookies into a food processor. Pulse until they are the consistency of crumbs.
Add the butter and powdered sweetener and pulse again, just until uniform and crumbly.
Chill the dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes, until it's less sticky and easy enough to work with.
Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan and up the sides of a 9-inch (23 cm) pie pan, to form the crust.
Freeze the crust for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large, deep bowl, beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sweetener for about 2 minutes, until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in approximately 6 tablespoons (88 mL) heavy cream, 1 tablespoon (15 mL) at a time, until it reaches the consistency of thick frosting. The amount of cream you need will vary depending on how thick your peanut butter was, so just keep adding 1 tablespoon (15 mL) at a time until it's like a thick frosting.
In a second bowl, beat 3/4 cup (177 mL) heavy cream, until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
Transfer the filling into the pie pan over the crust.
Freeze for at least 1 hour, until firm. Keep frozen, but let it sit on the counter to soften slightly if it's too hard right out of the freezer (similar to an ice cream cake). If you like toppings, you can add melted peanut butter drizzle, melted chocolate drizzle, and/or more cookies crumbled on top (all of these are optional).
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 1 slice, 1/12 of entire recipe
*The most convenient way to make this keto peanut butter pie crust is to use these pre-made keto cookies (combination of peanut butter and double chocolate flavors). Nutrition info is based on these. However, if you prefer, you can make your own keto peanut butter cookies and flourless chocolate cookies instead.
Video Showing How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Pie:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Peanut Butter Pie!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂